Quantcast
Has Apple Killed Logic's Pro Development? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Has Apple Killed Logic's Pro Development?
Old 13th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years

Old 13th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
It is true that there is only silence on the side of Logic for a while. But who knows, we might be surprised...
Old 13th September 2012
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
At some point, honestly...you guys are going to have to admit that DAW software is just mature and quit with the wanting of features and upgrades.

It records MIDI and audio. Does full IO compensation. Hosts it's own and third party plugs and instruments. It could be that Apple looks and say "with current tech...there's nothing else worthwhile that can be done that we can do". They don't stand to make any money...they would make less selling a less than necessary upgrade to Logic than they would selling a single iPod. You do the math.

I for one, applaud them for keeping it running in new OSs free of charge. And dropping the price to bring in new users. They are about new users, you know-it's their business model...give away the software to buy their expensive dongles fo it.
Old 13th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
No. They've got plenty of money for the development and just bought Redmatica.
Old 13th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Yep, development is dead move on! The acquisitions of Redmatica and other companies are a cruel joke on us loyal Logic users
Old 13th September 2012 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by popmann ➑️
At some point, honestly...you guys are going to have to admit that DAW software is just mature and quit with the wanting of features and upgrades.

It records MIDI and audio. Does full IO compensation. Hosts it's own and third party plugs and instruments.
The future for DAW manufacturers will be in the included instruments and plug-ins. Console simulations too, maybe. If they can make them 'can't live without' they can continue to sell upgrades, even though as you say most of the meat-and-potatoes functions are just about covered.
Old 13th September 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Look at the top grossing products on the App store. I think there's a future for Logic.
Old 13th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Apple is in the business of selling hardware, not software. Think: what could they do with Logic to make it a processor hog so it would require a more powerful CPU ?

Why would they abandon it ? The reason they bought it was to have some control over the use of their machines for pro audio.

Cdlt
Lives for gear

10 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by popmann
8258302It records MIDI and audio. Does full IO compensation. Hosts it's own and third party plugs and instruments.
...give away the software to buy their expensive dongles fo it.
Old 13th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
The recent Redmatica acquisition indeed indicates that the Logic team is by no means inactive IMHO
Deleted fe72b38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Goekdag ➑️
The recent Redmatica acquisition indeed indicates that the Logic team is by no means inactive IMHO
That does seem eminently Logical

I'm starting to think, the longer this drags on the more likely it is that Emagic/Apple are actually properly re-writing Logic and are going to release a DAW that is going to amazing - if not a game changer!

tht
Old 13th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Yeah

Game changer, boy I just can't wait any longer.
Old 13th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
what are you guys expecting? telekinetic compositions and voice activated automation?
Old 13th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehightenor ➑️

I'm starting to think, the longer this drags on the more likely it is that Emagic/Apple are actually properly re-writing Logic and are going to release a DAW that is going to amazing - if not a game changer!

tht
Ofcourse it wont be a gamechanger.

Ofcourse apple has not killed Logic development.
Old 13th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
You guys have to be patient. They have sent out a few maintenance updates recently so they are on it. If you cannot produce, record, mix, and make music with the current Logic Pro 9...Logic X won't help you either.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by work2do ➑️
You guys have to be patient. They have sent out a few maintenance updates recently so they are on it. If you cannot produce, record, mix, and make music with the current Logic Pro 9...Logic X won't help you either.
But I expect the Logic X to write the music for me :(
Old 13th September 2012
ndv
Gear Head

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Whatever they do, and whenever they do it I hope they get rid of that recording progress box!
Old 13th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I really wanted to upgrade to logic but then they made it mac only so went PT instead... They are pretty much synonymous but the decision to make logic mac only killed it for me..
Old 13th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehightenor ➑️

tht
Game changer? DAWs pretty much cover it all, what will be so revolutionary about it? The phrase game changer is really not properly understood by many on this forum

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leevi ➑️
But I expect the Logic X to write the music for me :(
it will. But you'd better like Skrillex.
Old 13th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
For the past eight years or so there's been a persistent rumor that Logic has been discontinued. Every so often, an update for Logic appears out of the blue and the discontinuation rumor momentarily fades into the background, only to reappear three to six months later. Tis' the way of the Logic world.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
In the LogicPro X thread you can see a post on Apple having recent job opportunities in Germany as well the States on the LogicPro, Garageband etc. team. So, that is a sign it is not death.

RGH
Old 13th September 2012
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
All we can hope is that it won't turn it into another Apple short-term-shelf-life knick knack.

Or something like this item description I hope to never see:
"Not only do your expensive hardware units degrade over time, we have now integrated our brand new *Software degrading* technology. This game changing system makes your software slowly stop working over 1-2 years by self-deleting functions written into the code."
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Wow .. Not good news. That's telling me that some major talent at Emagic has left Apple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Starr ➑️
In the LogicPro X thread you can see a post on Apple having recent job opportunities in Germany as well the States on the LogicPro, Garageband etc. team. So, that is a sign it is not death.

RGH
Old 13th September 2012
Eat
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
but if logic just comes up with one more awesome feature, maybe my songs will be as good as the music done on 4 track
Old 13th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat ➑️
but if logic just comes up with one more awesome feature, maybe my songs will be as good as the music done on 4 track
The only fair comparison would be to come up with said music on a four track.
Old 13th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
We need a new type of forum here. The yawn zone.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by popmann ➑️
It could be that Apple looks and say "with current tech...there's nothing else worthwhile that can be done that we can do".
They're not looking very hard if that's the case!

But no... I don't think that's the case. They're just being slow and quiet about what they're actually doing. Business as usual.
Old 13th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Aliferis ➑️
For the past eight years or so there's been a persistent rumor that Logic has been discontinued. Every so often, an update for Logic appears out of the blue and the discontinuation rumor momentarily fades into the background, only to reappear three to six months later. Tis' the way of the Logic world.
Quoted for truth.
Old 13th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
The new version, when it comes out in 2013, will be a Pro Tools killer for sure. I mean... it only makes sense, right?
πŸ“ Reply