Quantcast
Has Apple Killed Logic's Pro Development? - Page 5 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Has Apple Killed Logic's Pro Development?
Old 16th September 2012 | Show parent
  #121
Gear Guru
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeaudio ➡️

But - is it possible to add a poll to this thread?
a poll? everybody votes on when it comes out?

Quote:
Maybe we should all guess how long it takes from Logic 10 is out until certian people start to specualte if Apple has killed Logic? :-)
oh you mean a POOL! Like they have for the Superbowl. How about everybody puts up $10, and picks a week when they think Logic X is officially available for download. Whoever's guess is closest gets all the money!

I think the "elapsed time" for another "has Apple killed Logic" thread is a cool idea, but not as suitable for a betting pool, because it will be measured in minutes instead of weeks or months.
Old 16th September 2012 | Show parent
  #122
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastWest Lurker ➡️
No problem. I now understand where you are coming from and you are correct, there are a lot of posers on these forums.

But you need to understand, the "real" guys are almost always under NDA and cannot give you the "hard evidence" you would like without losing that access.

Sometimes you just have to look at who that person is (an easy thing to do with Google, IMDB Pro, etc.) and decide how much or little credibility to assign to what they say.
Sorry Jay, but if indeed you have an NDA with Apple u shouldn't even be mentioning it on a big public forum like Gslutz, where every little glimpse of a new forthcoming version of Logic causes a ****storm.

Just don't say it. That's the essence of an NDA after all.
Old 16th September 2012 | Show parent
  #123
Lives for gear
 
EastWest Lurker's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbackdoor ➡️
Sorry Jay, but if indeed you have an NDA with Apple u shouldn't even be mentioning it on a big public forum like Gslutz, where every little glimpse of a new forthcoming version of Logic causes a ****storm.

Just don't say it. That's the essence of an NDA after all.
I wrote what I wrote and I am comfortable with it and now I am done.
Old 17th September 2012 | Show parent
  #124
Tui
Gear Guru
 
Tui's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Good grief, can we please keep some perspective. We are talking about a piece of music software that, from a business point of view, is nearly irrelevant to Apple. We are not talking about the launch codes of the Minuteman, are we.

It's good to hear that Emagic/Apple are still working on it. That's all we need to know. Obviously, it wouldn't hurt Apple if they were just a little more forthcoming with info on their roadmap - fat chance, I guess.
Old 17th September 2012 | Show parent
  #125
BOP
Gear Addict
 
🎧 5 years
I'm happy with Logic 9, I actually only made the jump to it end of last year as I din't want to screw with my relatively bug free logic 8 experience.

Still running Snow Leopard. I had to use a windows laptop while on my recent 3 week trip abroad and I've gone through so much stress trying to get anything done on either the software or the very much hated by me form of computer that now being back in my seat behind a proper workstation makes all the imperfections fade into the background.

What's the rush anyway?

See, people being this silly impatient (as if there is any point in waiting for a new big version of a DAW) is probably, partially why Apple has released two "major" updates to OS X after Snow Leopard which bring absolutely nothing to the creative professional out there.

What's with the "it's PT killer" and "nah it ain't" debate anyway? What's wrong with people using different DAW's for different things?
Summing mixers, premium power cables and ebay fairchild auctions.... PT Killers.
Banana would not be part of this set is the right answer.

Logic being cheap might be a simple move to make it a no brainer for anyone with a mac to run Logic with whatever other DAW they would prefer to normally use.

Get a good midi controller and you will be rocking a sampled concert grand that stomps all over the prosumer digital piano offerings out there once you get Logic - hey it's cheap too now. No Brainer;
Should I keep Logic now that I have to work in PT anyway? Hey it's cheap. No Brainer;
Should I get Logic despite the fact that I din't have a need in the past? Hey that concert grand VI's is killer and there is nothing as good out there for the price. No... you get the point;

I think Apple knows well that people get Logic because of what it does and not because of it being an "industry standard" or whatever sells PT to those who don't need it, so lowering the price is a smart decision
Say what you want about Apple, they make smart business decisions.

Calling Apple's hardware packages "dongles" is completely bull**** btw!
A liquid mix is a dongle. A UAD card I would risk saying, is a dongle as well despite the quality of the plugins.

It also seems that every Mac hater out there keeps on waiting for Apple to release OS X to work on any old piece of crap. Sour Grapes I say!

Old 17th September 2012 | Show parent
  #126
Lives for gear
 
NYCruiser's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 5 years
X2 - Logic 9.1.7 on Snow Leopard. Rock solid. Not waiting for anything.
Old 17th September 2012
  #127
Lives for gear
 
kim olesen's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCruiser ➡️
X2 - Logic 9.1.7 on Snow Leopard. Rock solid. Not waiting for anything.
Same here (except the x2). Staying on that setup till mid 2013. Don't want to mess that up while in the midst of a project.
Old 28th September 2012 | Show parent
  #128
Here for the gear
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidstate ➡️
I have the right to express my opinion whether you like what i say or not.
Opinion is OK, but you provided speculation presented as fact.

Plus, you also implied that he lied about his NDA status. Does his resume give you this impression?

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidstate ➡️
Sure, you can disagree all you want and I honestly I couldn't care less. My opinion won't change just because you say you are 'some beta tester'. For all I know you could be some kid in his bedroom in his parent's house who just bought logic for 199$ claiming to be a beta tester and a level 2 certified trainer;-) I'm not saying you are.. But unless you can prove it, I'm standing by my words. Your guess is good as mine.
No, his guess is way better and more informed, and you just can't accept that.

That's the problem.
Old 28th September 2012 | Show parent
  #129
Here for the gear
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelironsteel ➡️
you cant run a professional studio facility without protools, thats a fact.
Fact? Hardly. Thousands of professional studios around the world DONT run Pro Tools.

It's only a fact if you're in California and making "rawk" music and the like...
Old 29th September 2012 | Show parent
  #130
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by hejazzman ➡️
Opinion is OK, but you provided speculation presented as fact.

Plus, you also implied that he lied about his NDA status. Does his resume give you this impression?



No, his guess is way better and more informed, and you just can't accept that.

That's the problem.
Oh, a first-poster.
Old 29th September 2012 | Show parent
  #131
Lives for gear
 
solidstate's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by hejazzman ➡️
Opinion is OK, but you provided speculation presented as fact.

Plus, you also implied that he lied about his NDA status. Does his resume give you this impression?



No, his guess is way better and more informed, and you just can't accept that.

That's the problem.
Nice first post.. Now let me contemplate about the 30 seconds of my life I waisted I'll never get back

troll
Old 30th September 2012 | Show parent
  #132
Here for the gear
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidstate ➡️
Nice first post..
Yes, I read the forums frequently and I just joined to comment on this abuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidstate ➡️
Now let me contemplate about the 30 seconds of my life I waisted I'll never get back troll
You keep using this word "troll". I don't think it means what you think it means.

You verbally attacked the guy, and I wrote my opinion. Nothing trollish about it.

End of story.
Old 30th September 2012 | Show parent
  #133
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by hejazzman ➡️
Yes, I read the forums frequently and I just joined to comment on this abuse.


Hahaha yeah sure.
Old 30th September 2012 | Show parent
  #134
Gear Addict
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnevz ➡️
No. They've got plenty of money for the development and just bought Redmatica.

Nobody knows why Redmatica was bought. For all we know its about garagaband for the iPad.

Logic CAN be dead to Apple. Apple didn't say one word if logic is still alive and kicking.

Why don't we all add "LOGIC IS DEAD" in our signatures. Maybe that will have some effect on Apple.
Old 30th September 2012 | Show parent
  #135
Lives for gear
 
nativeaudio's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by champ ➡️
Why don't we all add "LOGIC IS DEAD" in our signatures. Maybe that will have some effect on Apple.
Some members on some forums seem to do everything they can to "un-inspire" the Apple team to keep improving Logic, and certain Logic users have claimed that Logic is dead between every update for a decade now. I can't see why Apple should 'kill' Logic's development unless they are working on something better, but but with all the negative speculation, false rumours and complaints about "missing" features (features Logic already has) etc, some Logic posters keep posting, maybe it will be more tempting to focus on GarageBand users. Some people will claim that Logic is dead circa year after Logic 10 or whatever the Next Big Thing will be called as well, so maybe the only way to deal with this grumpiness is to enter Ignore Mode.
Old 30th September 2012
  #136
Lives for gear
 
Leevi's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
They are working on it for sure. Hard to imagine that they would abandon it during that phase.
Old 30th September 2012 | Show parent
  #137
Gear Addict
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeaudio ➡️
Some members on some forums seem to do everything they can to un-inspired the Apple team to keep improving Logic, and certain Logic users have claimed that Logic is dead between every update for a decade now. I can't see why Apple should 'kill' Logic's development unless they are working on something better, but but with all the negative speculation, false rumours and complaints about "missing" features (features Logic already has) etc, some Logic posters keep posting, maybe it will be more tempting to focus on GarageBand users. Some people will claim that Logic is dead circa year after Logic 10 or whatever the Next Big Thing will be called as well, so maybe the only way to deal with this grumpiness is to enter Ignore Mode.
For the record I Love Logic.

But compared to all the other daw's out there. Logic hasn't done anything new in years.
Leaving the Pro community clueless gives the Pro community a valuable reason to question the future of Logic.

Yes we all want Logic 10 to come out. But there are no facts that its coming.
Only thing Apple did was drop the price and fix some bugs.
Old 30th September 2012 | Show parent
  #138
Lives for gear
 
nativeaudio's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by champ ➡️

But compared to all the other daw's out there. Logic hasn't done anything new in years.
You mean that they haven't released anything new in years, I guess - which partially is true since the last major release came in 2009 (except that 64-bit was added in 9.1). When did PT get 64-bit? PT didn't. When did DP get 64-bit? This week.

Quote:
Leaving the Pro community clueless gives the Pro community a valuable reason to question the future of Logic.
No, because not informing customers about future releases is a part of Apple's policy. If Apple would have advertised that Logic X will come in 2013, with focus on notation, movie-features, a better sampler/sample library/a rewritten sample editor and further improvements in terms of audio editing + a couple of new ideas/features, this would influence what other DAW makers would focus on. Just look at DP8...

Quote:
But there are no facts that its coming.
Of course there aren't. Maybe Apple see all the speculation and rumours spinning around not-yet-released products as free PR?
Old 30th September 2012 | Show parent
  #139
Gear Addict
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeaudio ➡️
No, because not informing customers about future releases is a part of Apple's policy.
Its not the olddays anymore. Way to much choice nowadays.

Quote:
If Apple would have advertised that Logic X will come in 2013
Then it would nothing but awesome.

They can leave out the 2013. Just say "its coming!" or something like that
Keep it short like Steve always did in his emails.
Old 30th September 2012
  #140
Lives for gear
 
nativeaudio's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Its not the olddays anymore. Way to much choice nowadays.
That doesn't make any difference. That's their policy today as well.
Quote:
They can leave out the 2013. Just say "its coming!" or something like that
So - several ads (mentioned on this and other forums) where Apple looks for more people to work on Logic and/or new products isn't enough?
Old 30th September 2012 | Show parent
  #141
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeaudio ➡️
So - several ads (mentioned on this and other forums) where Apple looks for more people to work on Logic and/or new products isn't enough?
Ofcourse it's not! Howso?? How many people see such ads? Not me!

Please could you lay off the constant defending of Apple in the Logic dept.
It's a lame policy of theirs, Logic "whatevs" is way overdue, Apple needs to step up their game here and everybody thinks so.
(Well, except maybe you)

Thanks
Old 30th September 2012
  #142
Lives for gear
 
8 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Can someone do me a favor and tell me what the other DAWs do that Apple can't? I'm sincere in asking this.

I'm working on Logic Pro 9 and I haven't come across anything yet where I thought, "Oh, I can't do that?" So in all sincerity, would love to know how archaic it is in comparison to the others. Maybe I'd switch over if I heard enough compelling info, but I'm pretty content with it as-is. Still, would appreciate the info.
Old 30th September 2012 | Show parent
  #143
Lives for gear
 
nativeaudio's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbackdoor ➡️
Ofcourse it's not! Howso?? How many people see such ads? Not me!
Most people may not see those ads, and most people don't know what Apple plan - and my point is only that they still attack Apple for not doing anything. That would have been a relevant comment if Apple usually released info about future products.

This thread is about whether Apple has killed Logic's development. I could make you a list of which things I feel needs change/improvement in Logic, and I could probably provide you with more suggestions than would fit even a major update.

But it's not about 'defending' or attacking' Logic. When people try to make the conclusion that Apple isn't working on Logic because they don't say what they're working on, the most common comment - here and on other forums - is that it just doesn't make sense to draw that conclusion when Apple doesn't publish their plans about their phones, Logic, computers, iPads... Following your logic, Apple would have killed the development of their phones as well, because they don't advertise what the next iPhone will bring either.

Logic's biggest 'problem' may be that today, 3+ years after the release of Logic 9, people are still discovering goodies that has been there for ages. This somehow suggests that Logic would be better off with some kind of solution which would explain it's users about features they aren't aware of. Half of the suggestions for new features in Logic 10 has been about Logic already has, which brings another perspective to the 'killed Logic development' topic: Why release a new version if people still are learning how to use the existing one?
Old 1st October 2012 | Show parent
  #144
Gear Addict
 
1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianellefson ➡️
Can someone do me a favor and tell me what the other DAWs do that Apple can't? I'm sincere in asking this.

I'm working on Logic Pro 9 and I haven't come across anything yet where I thought, "Oh, I can't do that?" So in all sincerity, would love to know how archaic it is in comparison to the others. Maybe I'd switch over if I heard enough compelling info, but I'm pretty content with it as-is. Still, would appreciate the info.
That is like asking if there is another studio that can do something that one can't. The quality of native plugins is better in some DAWs (Samplitude, DP), some people think that some DAWs sound better (Harrison Mixbus, Samplitude; both of which employ dithering between plugins very well), some are cheaper (FL Studio, Reaper), some have a good vibe or workflow (DP - Skins can influence vibe, Studio One - Killer workflow), and some are great at editing (DP, ProTools).

For the "sound of a DAW" stuff, please read:
https://gearspace.com/board/7836010-post2236.html
and
"What are the well known flaws of other DAWs?" in the middle of this page:
Harrison Mixbus
Old 1st October 2012 | Show parent
  #145
Lives for gear
 
Leevi's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianellefson ➡️
Can someone do me a favor and tell me what the other DAWs do that Apple can't? I'm sincere in asking this.
This could be good thread to begin with

https://gearspace.com/board/music-co...-you-want.html
Old 1st October 2012
  #146
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 5 years
Honestly, Logic 9 is a fantastic DAW. Sure, some of the synths haven't been updated in years and have '90s interfaces, but they still sound great. And if Apple decided to EOL Logic, I'd be a little bit sad but I still could still use it for a while. There's nothing you can do about it but fall behind or learn a new DAW.

Personally, I think we'll see Logic X before the end of the year. And hopefully a new Final Cut Pro X update as well.
Old 5th October 2012
  #147
Lives for gear
 
🎧 5 years
Has Apple Killed Logic's Pro Development?-imageuploadedbygearslutz1349392737.406063.jpg

Take a sneak peak on Contries
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 55 views: 32038
Avatar for IM WHO YOU THINK
IM WHO YOU THINK 13th October 2020
replies: 15929 views: 1532426
Avatar for Ragan
Ragan 11th January 2019
replies: 1296 views: 181323
Avatar for heraldo_jones
heraldo_jones 1st February 2016
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump