Quantcast
Has Apple Killed Logic's Pro Development? - Page 4 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Has Apple Killed Logic's Pro Development?
Old 15th September 2012 | Show parent
  #91
Lives for gear
 
nickelironsteel's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLueROom ➡️
The new version, when it comes out in 2013, will be a Pro Tools killer for sure. I mean... it only makes sense, right?
you cant run a professional studio facility without protools, thats a fact.
in the home studio business, LIVE kills Logic since years.
Old 15th September 2012 | Show parent
  #92
Lives for gear
 
spaceman's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelironsteel ➡️
you cant run a professional studio facility without protools, thats a fact.
in the home studio business, LIVE kills Logic since years.
Here we go again...

Popcorn anyone ?
Old 15th September 2012 | Show parent
  #93
GCL
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelironsteel ➡️
you cant run a professional studio facility without protools, thats a fact.
in the home studio business, LIVE kills Logic since years.
Let's not go down that road again. Off topic.
Old 15th September 2012
  #94
Here for the gear
 
🎧 5 years
Hi everybody,

Logic X is not coming out this year, it's not not even in Alpha stage at the moment, I can't believe all the garbage that is being written about Logic X on the web. Logic X will probably be released at the same time as Final Cut Pro X2.

Logic is currently the most un-Apple like product that Apple make. Its UI is totally unsuitable for tablets.

There is a major revision of Garageband coming next March which is essentially Logic Express (now with a proper mixer). That should have enough features for most people.
Old 15th September 2012 | Show parent
  #95
Lives for gear
 
Roger Starr's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbacon ➡️
Hi everybody,

Logic X is not coming out this year, it's not not even in Alpha stage at the moment, I can't believe all the garbage that is being written about Logic X on the web. Logic X will probably be released at the same time as Final Cut Pro X2.

Logic is currently the most un-Apple like product that Apple make. Its UI is totally unsuitable for tablets.

There is a major revision of Garageband coming next March which is essentially Logic Express (now with a proper mixer). That should have enough features for most people.
Well Robbacon, that is really a very cool very first post of you of course........

RGH
Old 15th September 2012 | Show parent
  #96
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLueROom ➡️
The new version, when it comes out in 2013, will be a Pro Tools killer for sure. I mean... it only makes sense, right?
Lol yep, Logic 7-X were previous pro tools assassins... Silence builds suspense
Old 15th September 2012
  #97
Gear Nut
 
🎧 5 years
ok, so if logic x is coming no sooner then 2013/14, shouldn't we have logic 9.1.8 by now? Or is Apple done with bug fixes in L9... something's off here
Old 15th September 2012 | Show parent
  #98
Lives for gear
 
EastWest Lurker's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidstate ➡️
I have the right to express my opinion whether you like what i say or not. Sure, you can disagree all you want and I honestly I couldn't care less. My opinion won't change just because you say you are 'some beta tester'. For all I know you could be some kid in his bedroom in his parent's house who just bought logic for 199$ claiming to be a beta tester and a level 2 certified trainer;-) I'm not saying you are.. But unless you can prove it, I'm standing by my words. Your guess is good as mine.

Now, for the sake of the thread let's move on!
if you visit my website you can learn exactly who I am and what I have done as I have been in this business for 40 years. Jay Asher - Composer and Author

And this folks, is precisely the problem with the internet: the pernicious idea than an educated opinion is not more valuable than anyone else's.
Old 15th September 2012
  #99
Lives for gear
 
kim olesen's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastWest Lurker ➡️

And this folks, is precisely the problem with the internet: the pernicious idea than an educated opinion is not more valuable than anyone else's.
Quoted for truth.
Old 15th September 2012 | Show parent
  #100
Gear Addict
 
dcrigger's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbacon ➡️
Hi everybody,


Logic is currently the most un-Apple like product that Apple make. Its UI is totally unsuitable for tablets.
I would think the UI would be the least of the problems with adapting Logic to iPads with in/out connectivity and processing power being a far bigger problem.

Plus I don't see Final Cut for iPad or Aperture - any of the pro apps running on iPads. Sure I can see iPads being incorporated in an auxiliary fashion with Logic, but as the core processor? Except in a very limited stripped down way - why? Or rather, how?

David
Old 15th September 2012 | Show parent
  #101
Lives for gear
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastWest Lurker ➡️
if you visit my website you can learn exactly who I am and what I have done as I have been in this business for 40 years. Jay Asher - Composer and Author

And this folks, is precisely the problem with the internet: the pernicious idea than an educated opinion is not more valuable than anyone else's.
That should make him/her go away... Or at least come back with a cold head(not sure it's the right expression in english)....

KA
Old 15th September 2012 | Show parent
  #102
Gear Guru
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by KorgAddict ➡️
That should make him/her go away... Or at least come back with a cold head(not sure it's the right expression in english)....

KA
cool head

In Canada, being farther North, everybody already has a cool head, so I guess they have to use "cold head" to denote a calmer state.
Old 15th September 2012 | Show parent
  #103
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastWest Lurker ➡️
And this folks, is precisely the problem with the internet: the pernicious idea than an educated opinion is not more valuable than anyone else's.
Nah. It's really more the case that many people just don't like being "publicly corrected" when more factual information comes along because the listening audience is much bigger and many people simply don't like being "wrong on the net" in front of thousands of others.

It's an ego thing. You can see it here often when someone weighs in on a product with "factual" information that's actually dead wrong and when corrected, starts arguing about something else totally unrelated to that thing they were dead wrong about.

It's often just better to say "Thanks. I stand corrected...." and move on.

The reality is ... "opinions" (in this particular context) are actually just "guesses" until some real information comes along... and of course, some won't ever take you at your word for having "real information" if it means their guess was wrong.

It's the net. It is what it is.
Old 15th September 2012 | Show parent
  #104
Lives for gear
 
EastWest Lurker's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence ➡️
Nah. It's really more the case that many people just don't like being "publicly corrected" when more factual information comes along because the listening audience is much bigger and many people simply don't like being "wrong on the net" in front of thousands of others.

It's an ego thing. You can see it here often when someone weighs in on a product with "factual" information that's actually dead wrong and when corrected, starts arguing about something else totally unrelated to that thing they were dead wrong about.

It's often just better to say "Thanks. I stand corrected...." and move on.

The reality is ... "opinions" (in this particular context) are actually just "guesses" until some real information comes along... and of course, some won't ever take you at your word for having "real information" if it means their guess was wrong.

It's the net. It is what it is.
I am not that way. In one discussion I made some statements and Bob Ohlsson disagreed and explained why I was wrong. I was very happy to be corrected so as to not continue to wallow in ignorance, and said so.
Old 15th September 2012 | Show parent
  #105
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastWest Lurker ➡️
I am not that way. In one discussion I made some statements and Bob Ohlsson disagreed and explained why I was wrong. I was very happy to be corrected so as to not continue to wallow in ignorance, and said so.
Yeah, Bob isn't wrong very often. If he's ever "semi-wrong" about anything it's "maybe" his slightly sometimes unreasonably very high opinion of PT vs. some other excellent modern native DAW's that aren't really what they used to be... especially when they compete on a native system.

But he's a legend and a extremely talented and knowledgeable engineer so when he talks I mostly just listen. I probably won't live long enough to learn as much about audio as he already knows.
Old 15th September 2012 | Show parent
  #106
Tui
Gear Guru
 
Tui's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I think it's best not to waste time on troll-comments.
Old 16th September 2012 | Show parent
  #107
Lives for gear
 
BLueROom's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelironsteel ➡️
you cant run a professional studio facility without protools, thats a fact.
in the home studio business, LIVE kills Logic since years.
You didn't get the sarcasm? 'cause I was layin' it on pretty thick.
Old 16th September 2012
  #108
Here for the gear
 
🎧 5 years
New Mac Pros come out next year, they probably are going to wait until then.
Wish they didn't though Logic 9 is starting to fill dated.
Even though I've been a loyal Logic user for a while now, PT 10 and Studio one are becoming more and more tempting.
Old 16th September 2012 | Show parent
  #109
Gear Guru
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiezzy ➡️
New Mac Pros come out next year, they probably are going to wait until then.
Wish they didn't though Logic 9 is starting to fill dated.
Even though I've been a loyal Logic user for a while now, PT 10 and Studio one are becoming more and more tempting.
oh ye of little faith!

how shallow is your loyalty to your beloved DAW of choice if you are tempted by the fleshy pleasures of the Harlot Pro Tools?

Is there a "problem" with Logic 9? Something it can not do? Or just feeling the "itch"? Looking for a little excitement? Some spicy 'variety'?

Better hope your girlfriend doesn't see this post!
Old 16th September 2012
  #110
Lives for gear
 
kim olesen's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiezzy ➡️
New Mac Pros come out next year, they probably are going to wait until then.
Wish they didn't though Logic 9 is starting to fill dated.
Even though I've been a loyal Logic user for a while now, PT 10 and Studio one are becoming more and more tempting.
Doesn't feel dated to me. But then again i do not have the upgrade itch. I'm still on snow leopard.
Old 16th September 2012 | Show parent
  #111
Lives for gear
 
solidstate's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastWest Lurker ➡️
if you visit my website you can learn exactly who I am and what I have done as I have been in this business for 40 years. Jay Asher - Composer and Author
Talking 'bout ego..!

Does this prove that you actually involved in the beta testing of the so called logic x? Not really.. Does this prove that you are logic poweruser and a film composer. Maybe.. But "you" isn't the topic of the thread, is it?!

Old 16th September 2012 | Show parent
  #112
Lives for gear
 
EastWest Lurker's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidstate ➡️
Talking 'bout ego..!

Does this prove that you actually involved in the beta testing of the so called logic x? Not really.. Does this prove that you are logic poweruser and a film composer. Maybe.. But "you" isn't the topic of the thread, is it?!

I already said I am NOT involved in the beta testing of the so called logic x but that I talk to the developers by another way that I cannot discuss.

Believe what you want. I have spent more time trying to inform you than it is worth, as water will not flow through a clogged pipe.
Old 16th September 2012 | Show parent
  #113
Lives for gear
 
nativeaudio's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidstate ➡️
Talking 'bout ego..!
I guess he just responded to "For all I know you could be some kid in his bedroom in his parent's house who just bought logic for 199$ claiming to be a beta tester etc".

A link to his homepage confirming that he actually has written a book (several books?) about Logic kind of makes sense in this context, doesn't it?

Anyway - Apple has not kied LogicPro's development, as confirmed by several sources, including links to where Apple has been advertising for more people to the developer team.

But - is it possible to add a poll to this thread? Maybe we should all guess how long it takes from Logic 10 is out until certian people start to specualte if Apple has killed Logic? :-)
Old 16th September 2012 | Show parent
  #114
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidstate ➡️
Talking 'bout ego..!

Does this prove that you actually involved in the beta testing of the so called logic x? Not really.. Does this prove that you are logic poweruser and a film composer. Maybe.. But "you" isn't the topic of the thread, is it?!
I think of all the people in this thread, he's the one poster who can say with confidence whether or not some of the original Emagic guys are still employed by Apple and working on Logic. That's the issue at hand, isn't it?

Eastwest Lurker is not right about everything and can be just as opinionated as anybody else, but on an issue such as this I think he's undoubtedly correct. Seems silly to make a controversy of it.

====

If you want to talk controversy... how about all the people who seem to have the ear of Apple / the Logic development team representing quite a narrow field of music making? That causes me more concern than the issue of exactly how many of the original Emagic team are still working on Logic.

I've long suspected that there's a certain pool of users whose feature requests and bug reports get listened to and prioritised, whilst those outside that circle are either ignored or way down the list.
Old 16th September 2012
  #115
Gear Addict
 
Jimmy kiddo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeq ➡️
cool head

In Canada, being farther North, everybody already has a cool head, so I guess they have to use "cold head" to denote a calmer state.
Lol! Tell me about it, we already start to feeling the chill !
Old 16th September 2012
  #116
Here for the gear
 
🎧 5 years
I've seen that someone on here mentioned that Redmatica was bought by Apple. Yeah that sucks in a way. I'm on a mad mission to find someone with the plugin who is willing to share it with me for a financial reward. The plugin used to be sold on the Apple App store and now it's been discontinued all together. Please if anyone has Keymap Pro give me a shout. Nice one guys
Old 16th September 2012 | Show parent
  #117
Lives for gear
 
solidstate's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Guys, we are all very passionate and opinionated about this topic, but let's take it down a notch shall we?

Jay, i wasn't trying to attack you or discredit you.. I just got sick and tired of 'beta tester' or people that claim to have some insider knowledge(like this robbacon dude) popping up in every logic x thread, making some sh*t up, WITHOUT BACKING UP THEIR STATEMENTS WITH HARD EVIDENCE!!!! (I'm not shouting, just putting emphasis)
Old 16th September 2012
  #118
Gear Nut
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidstate ➡️
Guys, we are all very passionate and opinionated about this topic, but let's take it down a notch shall we?

Jay, i wasn't trying to attack you or discredit you.. I just got sick and tired of 'beta tester' or people that claim to have some insider knowledge(like this robbacon dude) popping up in every logic x thread, making some sh*t up, WITHOUT BACKING UP THEIR STATEMENTS WITH HARD EVIDENCE!!!! (I'm not shouting, just putting emphasis)
You're shouting, it's better to use bold letters to emphasize.
Old 16th September 2012 | Show parent
  #119
Lives for gear
 
solidstate's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Smile

oh well.. i stated i wasn't shouting
Old 16th September 2012 | Show parent
  #120
Lives for gear
 
EastWest Lurker's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidstate ➡️
Guys, we are all very passionate and opinionated about this topic, but let's take it down a notch shall we?

Jay, i wasn't trying to attack you or discredit you.. I just got sick and tired of 'beta tester' or people that claim to have some insider knowledge(like this robbacon dude) popping up in every logic x thread, making some sh*t up, WITHOUT BACKING UP THEIR STATEMENTS WITH HARD EVIDENCE!!!! (I'm not shouting, just putting emphasis)
No problem. I now understand where you are coming from and you are correct, there are a lot of posers on these forums.

But you need to understand, the "real" guys are almost always under NDA and cannot give you the "hard evidence" you would like without losing that access.

Sometimes you just have to look at who that person is (an easy thing to do with Google, IMDB Pro, etc.) and decide how much or little credibility to assign to what they say.
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 55 views: 32038
Avatar for IM WHO YOU THINK
IM WHO YOU THINK 13th October 2020
replies: 15929 views: 1532426
Avatar for Ragan
Ragan 11th January 2019
replies: 1296 views: 181323
Avatar for heraldo_jones
heraldo_jones 1st February 2016
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump