Quantcast
Has Apple Killed Logic's Pro Development? - Page 3 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Has Apple Killed Logic's Pro Development?
Old 14th September 2012 | Show parent
  #61
Lives for gear
 
Roger Starr's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastWest Lurker ➡️
Well I DO know more than you, and you can look at my signature and take my word for it because I cannot "prove it" without violating my NDA.

Or not. Your choice
What would be your personal prediction of a X release?

RGH
Old 14th September 2012 | Show parent
  #62
Lives for gear
 
EastWest Lurker's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Starr ➡️
What would be your personal prediction of a X release?

RGH
Once again, NDA so no details. It will happen, but not soon.

From The Beatles movie "Help":

AHMEE: "I can say no more."

PAUL: Say no more".
Old 14th September 2012 | Show parent
  #63
Lives for gear
 
Roger Starr's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastWest Lurker ➡️
Once again, NDA so no details. It will happen, but not soon.

From The Beatles movie "Help":

AHMEE: "I can say no more."

PAUL: Say no more".
Thanx. You said enough. It will not be this year. And, I really hope they come with some really killer thing

Ringo
Old 14th September 2012
  #64
Gear Head
 
🎧 5 years
I think he's bluffing :P
Old 14th September 2012 | Show parent
  #65
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastWest Lurker ➡️
Well I DO know more than you, and you can look at my signature and take my word for it because I cannot "prove it" without violating my NDA.
How dare you have the nerve to speak truth and directly defy unwarranted and fully unsupported speculation, tearing at the very fibre of the web forum universe as we know it?

Consider yourself banned from the Interwebs until futhur notice. heh
Old 14th September 2012 | Show parent
  #66
Lives for gear
 
solidstate's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Sure East west lurker..NDA.. That's convenient! Oh, and I'm Santa
Old 14th September 2012 | Show parent
  #67
Lives for gear
 
EastWest Lurker's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidstate ➡️
Sure East west lurker..NDA.. That's convenient! Oh, and I'm Santa
I am a former Emagic beta tester. I have used Logic Pro since 1.0 and knew these guys when some of them were devloping Atari Notator as C-Lab and written 3 books on Logic Pro as well as being a Level 2 Certified Trainer.

Does it occur to you if you can over-ride your high opinions of your own opinions, however warranted or unwarranted, that maybe, just maybe, I actually have resources you do not?

This is the problem with the internet folks. Everyone gets de facto peer status whether they are or are not actually peers. Which is why we have kids mixing on an M-Box in their bedroom in their parents' house talking about why a 1/ million dollar SSL board sucks.

Solidstate, believe what you want to believe but you are embarrassing yourself IMO.

OK, I'm done.
Old 14th September 2012 | Show parent
  #68
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidstate ➡️
Sure East west lurker..NDA.. That's convenient! Oh, and I'm Santa
This is excellent news !!

I'll be getting back to you with my Christmas list shortly.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, I've been an exceptionally good boy this year
Old 14th September 2012
  #69
Lives for gear
 
goldphinga's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Logic is dead! Long live logic!
Old 14th September 2012 | Show parent
  #70
Lives for gear
 
spaceman's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidstate ➡️
Your assumptions(that the original team is developing a new version of logic) are as good as mine. Unless you have hard evidence and can prove otherwise, you shouldn't act like you know more than i do
Lol... Why are we repeating the same thread twice ?

Quote:
Job title Sr. Software Engineer for Audio/Music
Location Santa Clara Valley
Country United States
City Cupertino
State California
Job type
Job description Join the Audio/Music Applications team and help us working on future versions of Logic Pro, MainStage, GarageBand and other exciting products. You would be joining our engineering team in Cupertino. You would be mainly responsible for the non-UI development in our applications, this includes maintaining existing code, as well as improving it.

We are looking for a proactive, highly motivated software engineer to work on these or similar products.

A successful candidate must be a strong team player who knows how to collaborate with other team members. A part of the team is based in Germany. As a result of the time difference, a certain flexibility regarding working hours is required. This might include traveling to Germany on a case-by-case base.

Required Experience:
* BS CS/CE and 2+ years of experience or equivalent
* Strong programming skills, preferably with C, Objective-C, and/or C++
* 2 years experience developing software for real-time audio environments.
* Good understanding of digital audio, both as a user and as a developer.
* An inventive nature with critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
* Excellent collaborative and communication skills to work cross functionally.

Knowledge of scripting languages like Python is a plus.
https://gearspace.com/board/music-co...ml#post8207555

Apple : "There's a team in Germany working on Logic"
Solidstate : " No, there isn't !"

mmm.. dunno who i'm going to believe
Old 14th September 2012 | Show parent
  #71
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Lemme see....

People who use daws chatting on the internet. Check.

Some of those people chatting about daws are beta testers for various daws and can't speak about certain things since they ethically agreed not to. Check.

Uh... yep... seems beyond just plain possible, more along the lines of "highly likely" since people who beta test are often techology nuts in general.
Old 14th September 2012 | Show parent
  #72
Lives for gear
 
EastWest Lurker's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence ➡️
Uh... yep... seems beyond just plain possible, more along the lines of "highly likely" since people who beta test are often techology nuts in general.
Guilty as charged, which is why I write a monthly technology column for Film Music Magazine and 2 a month for MacPro Video's Hub.
Old 14th September 2012 | Show parent
  #73
GCL
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
I believe what Jay is saying (or not saying) is true. The troubling part is that Logic X is nowhere ready to be released. I remember at NAMM last January, someone from the Apogee booth who used to work for Apple said Logic X probably would not be released until the end of the summer. Gasp, that seemed like a long time away (especially since most were expecting it in the spring). So now summer has passed (almost) and at this point it's looking like 2013. That said, I'll I'd really like Logic to have is a built-in Melodyne type of pitch editor (like DP has had for years). Other than that, Logic 9 is great.
Old 14th September 2012 | Show parent
  #74
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
I'm just wondering what's left to improve?
How much better could Logic X possibly be than Logic 9? 3%?

The giant leaps forward are probably behind us
Old 14th September 2012 | Show parent
  #75
Gear Guru
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockshamrover ➡️
I'm just wondering what's left to improve?
How much better could Logic X possibly be than Logic 9? 3%?

The giant leaps forward are probably behind us
what, no game-changer?
Old 14th September 2012 | Show parent
  #76
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeq ➡️
what, no game-changer?
A dreadful thought, but maybe that woody noise coming out of Germany is the bottom of the barrel

"I could be wrong though", said the rogue beta tester with a wink
Old 15th September 2012 | Show parent
  #77
Tui
Gear Guru
 
Tui's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
If Logic ever gets proper multicore support, but won't run on older systems, I'll even buy a new machine and run Lion/ML/Pink Panther on it.

Failing that, it'll be Snow Leopard, Logic 9 and my current Mac Pro, forever, baby.
Old 15th September 2012 | Show parent
  #78
Lives for gear
 
solidstate's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastWest Lurker ➡️
I am a former Emagic beta tester. I have used Logic Pro since 1.0 and knew these guys when some of them were devloping Atari Notator as C-Lab and written 3 books on Logic Pro as well as being a Level 2 Certified Trainer.

Does it occur to you if you can over-ride your high opinions of your own opinions, however warranted or unwarranted, that maybe, just maybe, I actually have resources you do not?

This is the problem with the internet folks. Everyone gets de facto peer status whether they are or are not actually peers. Which is why we have kids mixing on an M-Box in their bedroom in their parents' house talking about why a 1/ million dollar SSL board sucks.

Solidstate, believe what you want to believe but you are embarrassing yourself IMO.

OK, I'm done.
I have the right to express my opinion whether you like what i say or not. Sure, you can disagree all you want and I honestly I couldn't care less. My opinion won't change just because you say you are 'some beta tester'. For all I know you could be some kid in his bedroom in his parent's house who just bought logic for 199$ claiming to be a beta tester and a level 2 certified trainer;-) I'm not saying you are.. But unless you can prove it, I'm standing by my words. Your guess is good as mine.

Now, for the sake of the thread let's move on!
Old 15th September 2012 | Show parent
  #79
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockshamrover ➡️
I'm just wondering what's left to improve?
How much better could Logic X possibly be than Logic 9? 3%?

The giant leaps forward are probably behind us
I think it´s going to be pretty different, hence the long wait, and it will not be directly compatible with Logic 9.
Old 15th September 2012
  #80
Gear Head
 
🎧 10 years
Can anyone here speculate on a release date? Maybe in October for the rumored Apple music event?
Old 15th September 2012 | Show parent
  #81
Lives for gear
 
NoVi's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfapbrap ➡️
Can anyone here speculate on a release date? Maybe in October for the rumored Apple music event?
I can't remember any of Logic's releases was ever tied to hardware or software related event. And as stated above a new release won't see anything revolutionairy, a few new plugins, mixer emulation and if we are extremely lucky some bugfixing and adjustments under the hood.

So get back to work Logic 9 now! (at least I am...).
Old 15th September 2012 | Show parent
  #82
Lives for gear
 
Leevi's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldphinga ➡️
Logic is dead! Long live logic!

Henry Jackman & Hans Zimmer - A Prophecy Fulfilled - YouTube

heh
Old 15th September 2012
  #83
Gear Nut
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidstate ➡️
I have the right to express my opinion whether you like what i say or not. Sure, you can disagree all you want and I honestly I couldn't care less. My opinion won't change just because you say you are 'some beta tester'. For all I know you could be some kid in his bedroom in his parent's house who just bought logic for 199$ claiming to be a beta tester and a level 2 certified trainer;-) I'm not saying you are.. But unless you can prove it, I'm standing by my words. Your guess is good as mine.

Now, for the sake of the thread let's move on!
So, if your opinion is that earth is flat and penguins fly,we should all believe you? I know for a (drum roll) fact that the team is very german and very agile.
Old 15th September 2012 | Show parent
  #84
Lives for gear
 
Melgueil's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastWest Lurker ➡️
This is the problem with the internet folks. Everyone gets de facto peer status whether they are or are not actually peers. Which is why we have kids mixing on an M-Box in their bedroom in their parents' house talking about why a 1/ million dollar SSL board sucks.
Indeed.
Cdlt
Old 15th September 2012 | Show parent
  #85
Gear Addict
 
dcrigger's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidstate ➡️
For all I know you could be some kid in his bedroom in his parent's house who just bought logic for 199$ claiming to be a beta tester and a level 2 certified trainer;-) I'm not saying you are.. But unless you can prove it, I'm standing by my words. Your guess is good as mine.

Now, for the sake of the thread let's move on!
Hold on, skippy.

"For all I know you could be...." a statement that both demonstrates the likelihood of how little you actually know primarily by your inability or desire to search out actual available facts before writing."


Unlike yourself - Mr. Asher along with his handle clearly shares who he is and how to contact him. And guess what? Simply plugging any of that info into google would've have produced.... actual confirming information. Info like his website, published articles, pictures of a real guy with his name printed under them.

All info you could've had in the time it took to type your blustering "For all I know" sentence - replacing a public statement of purposeful ignorance with a state of having actually acquired knowledge.

I get the dilemma of often conversing here with multiple anonymous people (like yourself), but jeez, the man's name is right there. It took me 30 seconds to check him out - maybe it would've made since for you to have done the same thing before dismissing him as possibly being a liar.

It is very tricky for folks working under NDA's to share info here - most don't even try. Most of us appreciate guys like Jay that stick there neck out for the group. Can't for the life of me understand why you wouldn't as well. But that's up to you. All I would ask that you don't work quite so hard at poisoning the well for the rest of us.

David
Old 15th September 2012 | Show parent
  #86
Tui
Gear Guru
 
Tui's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrigger ➡️
Most of us appreciate guys like Jay that stick there neck out for the group.
This is certainly true.
Old 15th September 2012 | Show parent
  #87
Lives for gear
 
bigbongo's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrigger ➡️
Most of us appreciate guys like Jay that stick there neck out for the group.
Jay's been around for years and is a valued part of the GS community.
Old 15th September 2012 | Show parent
  #88
Lives for gear
 
Roger Starr's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
[QUOTE=EastWest Lurker;8263329]Which is why we have kids mixing on an M-Box in their bedroom in their parents' house talking about why a 1/ million dollar SSL board sucks.QUOTE]



RGH
Old 15th September 2012
  #89
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 15 years
Just wanting to add my support on Jay. He's professionalism and kind manners are truly appreciated. This community is so much better with people like Jay around.
Old 15th September 2012 | Show parent
  #90
Gear Nut
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidstate ➡️
I have the right to express my opinion whether you like what i say or not. Sure, you can disagree all you want and I honestly I couldn't care less. My opinion won't change just because you say you are 'some beta tester'. For all I know you could be some kid in his bedroom in his parent's house who just bought logic for 199$ claiming to be a beta tester and a level 2 certified trainer;-) I'm not saying you are.. But unless you can prove it, I'm standing by my words. Your guess is good as mine.

Now, for the sake of the thread let's move on!
Hey - give the guy a break. Jay's a great contributor on GS and I take him on his word after they way I've seen him help others on here. Time to lighten up a little. Logic 9.1.7 is great... I'm too busy using it to yearn for a replacement.
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 55 views: 32038
Avatar for IM WHO YOU THINK
IM WHO YOU THINK 13th October 2020
replies: 15929 views: 1532428
Avatar for Ragan
Ragan 11th January 2019
replies: 1296 views: 181323
Avatar for heraldo_jones
heraldo_jones 1st February 2016
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump