Quantcast
MBP,im between these 2 hardrives - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
MBP,im between these 2 hardrives
Old 12th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
MBP,im between these 2 hardrives

ive narrowed it down to these 2 hard drives to swap out with my new mbp internal hard drive

Seagate OWCYST9750420AS DIY KIT: 750GB 7200RPM HD... in stock at OWC

Western Digital OWCYWD7500BPKT DIY KIT: 750GB... in stock at OWC

they are about the same specs, 40$ price difference. basically its seagate or western digital?
Old 12th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
You might want to consider something like the crucial 512 gb SSD instead ($400 at amazon). The speed boost is insane. Also, you can put a second hard drive where your optical drive is with a kit from owc. I put the SSD in my four year old Mac pro and now have a "new" computer.
Old 12th September 2012
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Or you might consider this one: Seagate ST750LX003 750GB Momentus XT 2.5" 7200RPM /... in stock at OWC

I couldn't afford a big enough SSD and this drive is a significant improvement from fully conventional drives.
Old 12th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
To much$ for the ssd drive. I also have heard that the hybrid drives don't work as well in the Mbps. Maybee I heard wrong?
Old 12th September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfguard ➑️
To much$ for the ssd drive. I also have heard that the hybrid drives don't work as well in the Mbps. Maybee I heard wrong?
My hybrid drive works great in my 2011 MBP. I'll never go back to a conventional drive from here. What did you hear?
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…