Quantcast
If only CMC's were better. But what do I do now? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
If only CMC's were better. But what do I do now?
Old 10th September 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
If only CMC's were better. But what do I do now?

Basically Ive been looking at things that will control Cubase, my Instruments and Plugins. Im interested in the CMC range but it would seem they don't control all plugins. Id be willing to spend some on 4-5 modules but if it doesn't work on all my plugs (Waves etc) i just don't see the point. I don't want a system that half works on most of my stuff but i have to keep flicking back to the mouse and keyboard for the rest. That's not an efficient system.

As it stands now i do everything by mouse. And i guess its what im used to. But id like to move toward a more conventional method of control. Ive looked at the SSL Nucleus and this seems ideal but waaay beyond what i can afford right now. IM not even a hundred percent if these work with all plugs on all formats. I guess id like to thing that someone could do it though.

So what do i do? Sit it out n wait for technology to move along. Maybe wait for Steinberg to get there act together and make their solution one which works for 3rd party stuff.

Or is there another solution that maybe you guys could push on me??? Id like faders and some form of level visualisation. Ideally id like control of a large selection of plugs. There just doesn't seem to be anything on the market that doesn't cost the earth and still ticks all boxes??

Id be grateful for your help
Old 10th September 2012
Manufacturer contact @ GS

🎧 10 years
I jumped on the cmc-ai and have been nothing but disappointed with it.
As you have stated it doesn't work with Waves or Fabfilter plugins even though they are Vst3 and Steinberg advertised that the unit worked with plugins in the Vst 3 standard, but alas no.

So it just sits on my desk.
Untouched.

Steinberg tell me the problem is not on there end as do Waves.
So who knows if it'll ever work as advertised.

Graham
📝 Reply