Beware of Cryosonic - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Beware of Cryosonic
Old 9th November 2012 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by apartment dog ➡️
This just seems like a post about an imaginary brand.
Is it real?
In a word, yes.

I have a whole bunch of plugins on my system from these guys, that see some usage in certain situations. The plugz do tend to be pretty "quirky" but can render really good results when used judiciously.

Last edited by kevaquarian; 9th November 2012 at 01:36 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 9th November 2012
mfx
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Crysonics sigh - I always said I would never get involved in these threads but here goes lol

Check out KVR and here search for Crysonics and mfx as author...you willl learn quick.

They do come through eventually but no where near as on the case as any other dev including free developers ie Tal, Bootsie and so ..

My advice to anyone is dont bother.

Think they are based in Australia and their payments are processed somewhere in Asia if I recall...

Their emails are set straight to junk and delete in my inbox.

Waste of time and space in my personal experience.

Quick to take your money, slow to do anything else.

You are better of responding to those emails for the nigerian lottery or the very rich solicitor trying to launder money out of exhile and empty your bacnk account :/
Old 9th November 2012 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfx ➡️
Crysonics sigh - I always said I would never get involved in these threads but here goes lol

Check out KVR and here search for Crysonics and mfx as author...you willl learn quick.

They do come through eventually but no where near as on the case as any other dev including free developers ie Tal, Bootsie and so ..

My advice to anyone is dont bother.

Think they are based in Australia and their payments are processed somewhere in Asia if I recall...

Their emails are set straight to junk and delete in my inbox.

Waste of time and space in my personal experience.

Quick to take your money, slow to do anything else.

You are better of responding to those emails for the nigerian lottery or the very rich solicitor trying to launder money out of exhile and empty your bacnk account :/
Why are you saying that these guys "come through eventually" i.e. deliver goods that have been paid for, and then equating them with email scams that deliver nothing?
Old 9th November 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Like I have said repeatedly, you will get your goods, that is only if they really exist and
not some fancy pro-order deal. I have had several transaction with Crysonic and even though sometimes slow with the DL and auth codes, I always got them. Must admit to getting a little pissed at times and kept bombarding them with emails until I received them.
Old 29th January 2013 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahuska ➡️
Like I have said repeatedly, you will get your goods, that is only if they really exist and
not some fancy pro-order deal. I have had several transaction with Crysonic and even though sometimes slow with the DL and auth codes, I always got them. Must admit to getting a little pissed at times and kept bombarding them with emails until I received them.
Well, I finally did receive my plug-ins after sending a bunch of angry emails.
(Really not worth my aggravation either, I might add) but after months & months of waiting, they came.

I will NOT be ordering ANYTHING from CRYSONIC ever again.
I even tried to unsubscribe from their email list and yet I keep getting emails from them.
They are a duplicitous company (which may be ONE person,) but it's no excuse for the flip attitude I would get from their "customer service" telling me that they already sent the installer to me (when obviously they HADN'T.)

I don't get this from any other Mom&Pop Plug-In developer I deal with.

Advice: AVOID CRYSONIC.
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Yes I've finally lost patience with them after waiting 3 weeks for their new EQ. Then they just send me spam advertising the very EQ that I haven't yet received. I sent them a rather terse email telling them what I thought. It's a shame because some of their plug-ins are actually quite good.

Regards
Kraznet
Old 29th January 2013
Eat
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
apparently why you should avoid is in their very name.

other companies to avoid: yellatme audio and urasucker vintage plugins
Tui
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Sounds more like cryogenics to me - dead and frozen, to be revived (or not) at an unspecified point in the future.
📝 Reply