Quantcast
off-tape tracks sync in daw? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
off-tape tracks sync in daw?
Old 9th September 2012
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
off-tape tracks sync in daw?

i record all solo tracks onto tape and then use/re-use parts of it.

the usual procedure is to cut 32 bar phrase into 4-beat/8-beat parts and match the start-points with the rest of the track but it is terribly time consuming, especially now when my tape decks do not hold tempo as they used to..

is there a simple way to load 3 minute tempo-changing track into say a cubase (which is the only daw i have tbh) and sync it with the other tracks?

ive been using sx1-2-3 for over 10 years but i used it only for midi stuff, my audio editing was always made in sound forge and my cubase-audio know-how is close to none (:

ive got the manual somewhere so if it was was covered in it, tell me where to find it, pls.

im sure it is a very simple thing to do - all those countless disco re-edits rely on this process, it's just me who didnt learn when i should have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8Vh00RNBOc

but, if there 's another way, im all ears (:
📝 Reply