Quantcast
Problem with UAD-1 Upgrade program/ Authorizations. - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Problem with UAD-1 Upgrade program/ Authorizations.
Old 9th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Problem with UAD-1 Upgrade program/ Authorizations.

Hello everybody. Well, turns out i also exchanged my UAD-1e card for a UAD-2 solo, through sweetwater so yes, I also had to smash my card :(.

This card was part of my one and only system in my UA´s account and it was a UAD-1e / UAD-2 Solo combination system, obviouslly both cards where on the same computer.

Besides the fact that i had to wait almost a month and a half for Sweetwater to send me my card (I have to point out it wasn´t their fault, they said to me it was a bad on UA´s side, said they couldn´t handle the demand for so many trade-ins), when I finally installed the card in my computer and I tried to open my plug-ins system and UA control panel, I was asked to do an "Authorization Update" for being able to authorize my plugins.

My computer was never connected to the internet, all of my previous authorizations where made offline, using the "copy url" method through my macbook pro (which doesn´t have any UAD plugins since i don´t own a UAD Satellite) however, this time i decided to give it a shot and try my new mini-usb wifi card on my Windows 7 Desktop PC (Which is where the cards were installed)...

I was then redirected to the UA Website and I logged into My UAudio account,but then, after inserting my name and password, the system automatically created a new "System-2" in which my previouslly purchased plugins are missing.

I am not using 2 cards in 2 different computers, I am just installing my exchanged UAD-2 into a system that already existed, but UA automatically created a new system for me.

Is this normal? Is this fixable? I have already contacted customer support but i know they take a while answering... I haven´t done anything that doesn´t sticks with the license here... Perhaps it was my bad by the way i registered.. I really don´t know..but it would be horrible to lose all of my purchased plugins in this card...since its UAD-1e predecesor had this plugins authorized...

Cheers to everyone and thanks in advance for your help!
Old 10th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
UPDATE: I called Universal Audio Tech Support this morning and they were very gentle and super effective, thy sorted my problem out and mixed my both cards on my system. Once more, UA impresses me and for me is an amazing company.
📝 Reply