Quantcast
Problems with Novation Impulse (help needed) - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Problems with Novation Impulse (help needed)
Old 8th September 2012
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Problems with Novation Impulse (help needed)

I recently got myself an Impulse 49 and I have two issues bugging me.

1. It seems that for whatever reason the faders will randomly send midi data once in a while without me touching anything. Not anything dramatic, for example I set all midi faders at 100 and after awhile (usually occurs while "in action" but it could take 5,15,30 mins or more than an hour, its pretty abstract really) I ll get a random change at some fader moving to either 99 or 101. Then I might get another minor change like that after 5 or 30 minutes or much later, as I said it's really abstract. This isn't normal behavior is it? Naturally, that translates to mixer faders moving when I am working in Cubase which of course isn't welcome. I am in Windows XP SP3 and I use Automap 4.4 but the issue is independent of Cubase or Automap as it happens with both of them closed too. I am trying to work things out with their support but so far it's not working. I am curious whether that's just a weakness of Impulse in which case Novation would think it's not a big deal and people wouldn't notice/mind (wouldn't you mind if you notice?), a software/firmware/windows/whatever bug/problem I could fix or it's just my luck getting a defective unit. Anyone got an idea/suggestion/fix?

2. For some reason and although Cubase initializes Automap and the Automap Server opens up along with Cubase, they don't connect (Cubase led in software setup stays red) unless I manually open the Automap server before I launch Cubase.
Old 25th November 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
I've another problem with 61 - looks studio one and cubase freezing sometimes. Just screen frezes, no sound poroblem. I think something about USB: Because I can see when freeze, PC keyboard lights flashing than backs to normal. I couldn't find what is the problem?
Old 3rd December 2013
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Sorry if this thread reopening doesnt work.
But I actually have the same problem:
the first slider goes not from 0 - 127 but from like 16 to 110. And randomly moves a bit when left alone. Even when not touching the keyboard.

The second problem I have is that my impulse randomly... falls out, disconnects. The LED display turns off and i have to disconnect and connect the USB cable to make it operate again.

Very frustrating because I was hoping to use it for live performance, but atm dont dare to.

Any suggestions / help will be appreciated!
Old 3rd December 2013
Lives for gear

11 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Have you guys reached out to tech support yet?
Old 3rd December 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Very frustrating because I was hoping to use it for live performance, but atm dont dare to.
Old 3rd December 2013
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Just a reminder, the post above me dates from 2012, but I thought I`d give it a try.
Messaged tech support, got a confirmation email that asked for my tech details, computer, setup etc, sent something back and now waiting.
Old 11th December 2013
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
It's been a while and I just ran into this thread again by accident.
bart_great and others: Novation is well aware of the unstable faders issue. It's universal and they've acknowledged it themselves in my case (after a long period of waiting, denying, saying I am an isolated incident etc...but that's another story....). The bottom line was that "They MAY introduce a firmware fix in the near future" (which after some research I've done seems like it could very well be a solution to this problem IF they cared enough to introduce it). After wasting months of writing back and forth with the customer service with nothing good coming out of this I just didn't believe that they will take care of this, at least not any time soon and returned my unit. And yeah... It's been more than a year ago...
πŸ“ Reply