L2007 Test 3....L2007 vs L2/L3 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
L2007 Test 3....L2007 vs L2/L3
Old 13th June 2006
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
L2007 Test 3....L2007 vs L2/L3

Ok, back for my next to last test.

This one out of all of them was the best I think. Why? Because it showed that someone could make a plugin and sell it for less and make it sound as good if not better than an overpriced and over talked about plugins I've tested IMO.

Here is my finding on this one.

The look of the L2007 is great as well as all the plugins that Massey had made. This one took me by a huge surprise out of all of them.

1. L2007- Not only did it keep it's width and lowend but, it made the music loud, very loud. This one was great!!!! It also seemed to add some much needed lowend or maybe it just brought up the lowend. Don't know but, do care. The high end was still were I wanted it to be. This one is a huge winner. Why? Because I said it....no jus playin. It really stood up to the L2 in loudness and the L3 in smoothness. I really really really wish Steven would have or will put an Multiband EQ on this one like the L3. But overall, it is the best limiter plugin thus far.

2. Waves L3- It's just better than the L2 in Width and has a great EQ

3. Waves L2- Great Limiter. Like the hardware.

I've tried the Sony Limiter before but, my demo ran out a long time ago so I didn't have it for this test. I still think it will beat even the Sony which I think is better than the Waves limiters.

A small wish list for Steven and his great plugins...

1. A way to Adjust by increments. By holdin down Apple and moving the cursor up & down or across. It was hard to dial in the right settings. Even though on the Limiter you can type it in. Most of the time it wouldn't accept it. I had to do it two and some times even three times before it would finally adjust. Please.....That would be great for all of the plugins. A much needed update!!!

2. Maybe put the vt3 eq on this limiter as a two in one plugin. I love the high's in the vt3. Jus a thought.

I was going to do the vt3 but, I only had the demo at time of testing. Maybe I'll do these test again when I get the SSL Duende and those UA TDM Plugins I want.

My Jerry Springer Final Thought......is

All of the Massey plugins are a withoutadoutgottahaveitinmyTDMpluginsfolder Buy. As for the price I noticed that the L2007 was $10 more than the rest.
I have to say that all of them our worth what plugin companies are chargeing for there's but, these are just as good if not better than most of the plugins out there for less.

Thanx Steven.....What's next???

M2E
Old 13th June 2006
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
just bought mine yesterday and it's on my final mixes of some tv spots i just did.
beats Maxim by not getting "grainy" when pushed.

one request: i wasn't able to clear the peak holds on the input/output meters by doing the usual things (i'm in Protools). is there a way that i don't know about? it's not critical, but it would be nice.

while i'm on it...one thing Maxim does do is have a numerical read-out for gain reduction. any chance of that?

none of these are deal-breakers in any way. i love this plug-in. i'll take the
great price and sound over some of these bells/whistle requests any day.

marty.
📝 Reply