Old 30th May 2006
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Do you want a safer surfin experience?

Do you want a safer surfin experience?

Here is one way:

First, get a copy of the FireFox browser:
FireFox

After you have installed it and set it as your default browser. You'll want to get this extension for FireFox:

noScript extension (invaluable extension, I use it)
This will block scrips from websites til you allow them to use. After it is installed you'll see a little icon in the bottom right corner. Simply click on in to allow sites. For example: www.myspace.com Once you are on myspace, and you click on it. You'll be surprised how many scrips want to run. Most of them are not good for you

Here are some other great extensions to consider for FireFox:

ad block (another invaluable extension)
Once installed, it's a snap to filter elements at their source-address.Just right-click: ad-block: done. Filters use either the wildcard character (*) or full Regular Expression syntax. Hit the status-element and see what has or hasn't been blocked.

Flashblock (another invaluable extension, I use it)
Never be annoyed by a Flash animation again! Blocks Flash so it won't get in your way, but if you want to see it, just click on it.
Old 30th May 2006
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
I currently use Firefox as my primary browser -- but no one should be fooled into thinking it is in ANY way virus/worm/exploit proof. (NOT that I think TheReal7 is suggesting it is!) There are a number of known, unfixed exploitable flaws in it. You should definitely make sure you have the latest version, which has addressed some of the most pressing security issues. (And, while IE, last time I checked had fewer known unresolved security flaws it remains a far more 'popular' target of malware writers.)

There are some very nice things about Firefox beyond security, of course, like the ability to load extensions like Flashblock to allow YOU to control what Flash you want to be subjected to. I'm also a big fan of FF's FAR more flexible text resizing. IE bowed to the corporate bozo design crowd who are obsessed with having their web pages look the same to all users (in ignorance or defiance of basic web design precepts).
Old 31st May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Thanks for the cool post! thumbsup
Old 31st May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
very cool thanks !! thumbsup
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…