Quantcast
HELP!!! is buying uad-1 project pak for $250 wise? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
HELP!!! is buying uad-1 project pak for $250 wise?
Old 24th May 2006
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
HELP!!! is buying uad-1 project pak for $250 wise?

someone wants to sell me the uad project pak for 250 dollars, dont know him personally, should i buy it or leave it? this is considering the new version uad-e version, not sure what i should do... what should i be aware of or not.... thanks a millions guys!
Old 24th May 2006
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Well, considering that card goes for over $400 new...and all the plugs that run on the card are the same, that is a great deal. I am assuming that the previous owner is upgrading his card to the PCI express version and all of his purchased plugins are being transfered to his new card...leaving you with the free plugins (know as the project pak). The new UADe cards are the exact same card (same DSP processor chip and same power, etc...) with the PCI express connector on the bottom instead of regular PCI. That's it. No other difference. If you have a regular PCI motherboard...and you need or want the UAD plugs, get it. It is a great deal. If you are buying or will soon buy a new MAC that only has a PCI express motherboard, then get your own UADe card. The plugs are all the same.
Old 24th May 2006 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
thanx alot for the response, much appreciated... one last question, how does the transfer go about though? someone detail me please... thanx

and one last thing, i have the urs eq, sonalksis compressor, waves eq and rcomp as well as sony inflator, and others... how much of a difference should i expect say as far as eqs go with uad vs waves/urs or the compressors MORE importantly... thanx guys
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
wait, there are new offers from UA in june, check this:
http://www.sonicstate.com/news/shownews.cfm?newsid=3067
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarathonMan
thanx alot for the response, much appreciated... one last question, how does the transfer go about though? someone detail me please... thanx

and one last thing, i have the urs eq, sonalksis compressor, waves eq and rcomp as well as sony inflator, and others... how much of a difference should i expect say as far as eqs go with uad vs waves/urs or the compressors MORE importantly... thanx guys
First of all...the UAD-1 compressors are awesome and not to be missed.

Secondly...the transfer process is talked about on the UA website.

from the UA website;

"If you no longer want the PCI UAD-1 card, you can do one of two things: transfer all your authorizations to your new UAD-1e card, and then sell your UAD-1 as a Project PAK. Or, you can sell your UAD-1 with all it's authorizations and use the proceeds from that sale to buy plug-ins for your UAD-1e.

For example, let's say you own a Studio PAK, and purchase a UAD1e Express PAK. If you want to keep your authorizations and sell the UAD-1 card, you will need to follow these steps:

Register that card in the same group as your UAD-1, it will automatically become authorized for your Studio PAK plug-ins.
At this point, if you sell the UAD-1 card, it will be sold without any authorizations, and whoever buys it must be told that is has no authorizations.
Once you have a buyer, the buyer must make an account at my.uaudio.com.
As the seller, you must contact UA Tech Support and ask them to transfer the UAD-1 card into the buyer's account.
The UAD-1 is now registered to the buyer, it will show up like a Project PAK.
"
πŸ“ Reply