Quantcast
protools plug-ins - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
protools plug-ins
Old 23rd May 2006
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
protools plug-ins

this has bothered me for a while but I figured I'd finally try to solve this.

I purchased the 002 Factory version which was advertised with many additional plug-ins. after installing PT I installed all of the plug-ins from the plug-in folder of the install disk. it seems that half of the plug-ins stated are just 14 day trials, everytime I launch PT I hit quit about 20 times to avoid trying or buying these plug-ins however I thought i paid the extra money to get these plug-ins.

It seems that I have only gotten half of them. Did i miss a special way to load these so that they work? I know that i have to put in the key to authorize some of the additional plug-ins but even at startup I have the option to authorize, which tells me that there are no licenses on my Ilok and i must purchase them??
Old 23rd May 2006
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Have you registered your iLok at www.ilok.com?

Have you supplied Digidesign with your iLok account name?

Have you registered your 002 with Digidesign?

If you answer "No" to any of the above -- then do the first one and then call Digidesign Customer Service to register your 002 and software. You can then get your licenses from www.ilok.com and put them on your iLok(s).

Rail
Old 23rd May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
The whole process of registering, authorizing, and just about doing anything with an iLok is a pain in the ass. Especially with the Waves stuff. It is like rocket science trying to figure out in what order to use the Waves Authorizer, iLok authorization, and to download the plugins. They must work hard to make it this hard!! And I am a chemical engineering student!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Hey, that's cool! You 'engineer' any good 'chemicals' lately?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
.......no comment. heh
Old 24th May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdjustice
The whole process of registering, authorizing, and just about doing anything with an iLok is a pain in the ass. Especially with the Waves stuff. It is like rocket science trying to figure out in what order to use the Waves Authorizer, iLok authorization, and to download the plugins. They must work hard to make it this hard!! And I am a chemical engineering student!
Using a ilok is whole lot easier than mixing an album.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
learn how to use your tools, ilok works great and makes sure that developers get paid, so they keep on developingheh

plus it allows one easy transport of their investment, ie. plugins

if you can't even figure ilok out, you might as well hang it up, same for ever other lazy wanna be out there,

i feel sorry for some of these software guys sometimes, thinking on the idiot questions they must answer cuz people are to lazy to read a couple of paragraphs

nothing personal, but some questions around here are nothing short of embarrasing

but of course, yours and everyone else's MMV
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
You only get certain plugins with the factory bundle. If you took the option to load every plugin on the DVD. Some are demos for other ones they would like you to buy. Check off with what you should have to what comes up as demo.
You will have to remove the ones that you do not own or they will come up for ever asking you to buy. I still have not authorised my softsynths etc as the challange response for me is a pain in the ass. I have no Net access at the studio.
At least with the ilok I take it upload the license at home and take it back to the studio.
Old 27th May 2006 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
ok, so no i didn't have an ilok account. Now what's the best way about letting digi know of my account, my registration was done months ago....
Old 27th May 2006 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
'Phone Digi customer service or email them -- the 'phone will be much faster.

Rail
πŸ“ Reply