Quantcast
Digi 001 question - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Digi 001 question
Old 17th May 2006
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Digi 001 question

I posted this on the digi user conference but I haven't had any responses. Do you guys know?

I have a problem getting MP3s or CDs to play back through the SPDIF outputs of my 001. Also, Windows Media Player is the only playback application that works right now, and only though the headphones of my 001. I want to listen back through my DAC-1, which is hooked up via SPDIF. When I go to Control Pannel, Sound and Audio Devices, Audio, the default playback is the "001-Channel 1-2". Is there a way to reroute the output to Channel 17-18 (SPDIF)? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.
Old 17th May 2006
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
you can go to the digi site and download the MME Helper application..this might do the trick.
Old 17th May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Which version of the Core Audio driver/manager are you using?

Newer versions allow mirroring of Analogue 1/2 to SPDIF (which would solve your problem of getting sound out of your DAC-1)
Older versions (6.4 ish if I remember correctly) allowed you to specify which applications run with the Core Audio Driver. You may need to re-select iTunes (or whatever) as a valid application.....

If you post on the DUC, you need to be specific about exactly which versions and OS you are using. Usually you'll get an answer. It's normally the best bet for specific Digi-related queries.
Old 18th May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I tried mirroring and all the different combinations in hardware setup but no luck. Do I need to change anything in the bios? I can't get the windows volume control to work---it says it's not enabled. Do I need to use the onboard soundcard to play back music through the 001 spdif? I've never seen anything about that in the documentation.

I have MME helper but it didn't work for firefox or macromedia. What do you think?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallace
Do I need to use the onboard soundcard to play back music through the 001 spdif? I've never seen anything about that in the documentation.
I'm a Mac user, so I'm not 100% sure.... but on Mac, then yes you do need to enable the System to use the Digi hardware in preference to the built in audio card.

Remember also that you cannot run DAE and Core Audio Driver at the same time - ie it's ProTools or iTunes (or whatever)..... they won't run simultaneously.
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
The WaveDriver only supports output on the analog outs.

Rail
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rail Jon Rogut
The WaveDriver only supports output on the analog outs.

Rail

Really? The 6.4 wav driver only supports analog outs? That totally weird. At one point I called digi (who were not very helpful) and they suggested I revert back to 5.3 so I could use the CD player. It's rediculous.

I'll try to enable the system sound card and see if that works. Also when I enable spdif mirroring , I loose inputs and outputs in PT, and I still can't play back music.
Old 20th May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I've tried checking "SPDIF mirroring" in pro tools, but that seems to go away once I quit out of pro tools. Is there another place I can change that setting, or will it even work at all with PT 6.4?

What is the core audio driver?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallace

What is the core audio driver?
It's the Mac audio driver..... which doesn't apply in your case!

Have you tried the ASIO driver? I have absolutely no idea if it'll help, but if Rail says the Wave driver won't do what you want, I can guarantee he's correct!!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishbashbosh
It's the Mac audio driver..... which doesn't apply in your case!

Have you tried the ASIO driver? I have absolutely no idea if it'll help, but if Rail says the Wave driver won't do what you want, I can guarantee he's correct!!

Wow, I didn't realize Rail devolped the MME Helper till just now. Cool!

I still can't believe that it is impossible to reroute the audio (outside of PT) to SPDIF in PT 6.4. Somebody on this forum must have the PT 6.4, the digi 001, and the DAC-1. If so, please chime in! Do you have the same problem or am I just a complete idiot?
πŸ“ Reply