Quantcast
cant get my Waves Platinum to work with Digital Performer - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
cant get my Waves Platinum to work with Digital Performer
Old 16th May 2006
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
cant get my Waves Platinum to work with Digital Performer

does anyone use Waves Platinum with DP? if so, was there any magic involved when installing them? for the life of me they will not show up...they work fine in PT...but not DP. what the hell am I doing a miss?
Old 16th May 2006
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
are you sure you're installing the MAS or AU versions and not the RTAS? Also I believe that they must be authorized to an ILOK now..they never used to be but now I think it is required.
Old 16th May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Look if there's a MAS Waveshell installed at this location Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Mas. An Audio Unit Waveshell version in the Components folder at the same location should also work.

Usually when Waves doesn't install all the Waveshells you can still find them in the Waves folder, you just have to drag them to their correct locations, which I mentioned above.

When DP finds a MAS version of a certain plugin which is also available as AU, it will not boot the Audio Unit version as there's no gain for the program using AU's over MAS, because it's DP's own format.
Old 16th May 2006 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
thanks guys...I think I did drag the MAS Waveshell over, but Ill check it once more. IO appreciate the quick replies...
Old 17th May 2006 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years

it worked! you all rule!
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…