logic pro bouncing HELP - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
logic pro bouncing HELP
Old 15th May 2006
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
logic pro bouncing HELP

hi

a track that i produced is going to be remixed. it has approx 60 audio and software inst tracks.
i would like to export / bnc them all at once so that i have 60 same length audio files with all of the eq and other signal processing also bounced.

my question is ... HOW?

don't wanna bnc each track seperately.

cheers, warner
Old 15th May 2006
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
If you have ver 7 then it's as simple as going to file>export>all tracks as audio files.
Or you can just select freeze on every track and press play, same difference.
Old 15th May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeky b
If you have ver 7 then it's as simple as going to file>export>all tracks as audio files.
Or you can just select freeze on every track and press play, same difference.

if you freeze make sure it freezes 24 bit files
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
for whom it may concern...
after doing a bit of testing.

export (all) track(s) as audio files
is PREFADER!!

so if you're nuking a compressor and then taking it back out of clip range with the fader, your exported file will be clipped to hell and back.

cheers, warner
MDM
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by monobeat
for whom it may concern...
after doing a bit of testing.

export (all) track(s) as audio files
is PREFADER!!

so if you're nuking a compressor and then taking it back out of clip range with the fader, your exported file will be clipped to hell and back.

cheers, warner
i didnt know that - lets check that ..

the Freezing technique sounds the best solution - that way, you'll get all plugs bounced - thats what you want no?
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Yeah, the export function should have a postfader option for sure. Understandably, they want you to do your stuff in Logic start-to-finish, but what if I wanna take the exported audiofiles and bring 'm to a desk, then the entire balance needs to be set all over. (As opposed to just setting all faders to 0dB and have your balance ready).
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mersisblue
if you freeze make sure it freezes 24 bit files
Pretty sure they removed the option for 32 bit files in 7 but I'll check.
Old 15th May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by monobeat
hi

a track that i produced is going to be remixed. it has approx 60 audio and software inst tracks.
i would like to export / bnc them all at once so that i have 60 same length audio files with all of the eq and other signal processing also bounced.

my question is ... HOW?

don't wanna bnc each track seperately.

cheers, warner
Freeze Tracks are temporary 32 bit. 24 bit is no longer an option for them in 7. Exporting All Tracks as Audio is 24 or 16 bit, your preference.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
true! logic 7 now only freezes at 32bit. which sucks!!!

if you do the "export tracks as audio" function remeber to name your tracks really good. instruments tracks wont have names on them, it will say inst.1 , inst 2 etc.

frezzing the tracks and then getting them in the freeze files folder is a great way to do export. i know apple is behind that decision.problably theres a kid like the one in the mac adds saying to the germans "dont let them export individual tracks easily, they might go to a windows system!!" and then do the finger in the mouth thingy like Dr. evil. buaahaha
Old 16th May 2006 | Show parent
pan
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsilbers
... frezzing the tracks ... is a great way to do export. i know apple is behind that decision.problably theres a kid like the one in the mac adds saying to the germans "dont let them export individual tracks easily, they might go to a windows system!!" and then do the finger in the mouth thingy like Dr. evil. buaahaha
LOL

exactly!!!

We need the 24 Bit Freeze-Option back!

someone tell those siliconerds in Cup'o'Tea no

They have Emagic at the nuz and don't care about users anymore. - Instead of customers...

I'm still on 6.43 OS9 and find myself offline-bouncing Stems to preserve levels and relations instead of exporting at full bandwidth with the problems monobeat and Olav mentioned.

n
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…