PT LE 'Hidden' Automation shortcuts... - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
PT LE 'Hidden' Automation shortcuts...
Old 12th May 2006
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
PT LE 'Hidden' Automation shortcuts...

hi all,

i bought m powered system recently just to learn PT for future use. having quickly mastered all the concepts easily, thanks to previous experience with other DAW's i promptly got on to memorising the shortcuts and timesavers. checking out the sound on sound website for some more tips i came across a article which detailed some great shortcuts for automating plugins. however when i attempted to put it into practice i had varying success.

quoting the site;

To turn automation on, Ctrl+Option+Command-click (PC: Ctrl+Start+Alt-click) on the plug-in parameter.

To switch that track to display automation data for a given parameter, Ctrl+Command-click (Ctrl+Start-click) on the plug-in parameter.

That's it! Now you are ready to edit the automation graphically.
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/sep0.../keypoints.htm

this command seems to work for me with Digirack plugins only... when i try to automate any Waves RTAS (or other wrapped plugs), it is unresponsive. however the new command featured in 7.0, of Ctrl+Start+Alt-click on the 'auto' button to enable every parameter does work with everything...

has anyone had similar difficulties? on the SOS website i notice the guy is using a TDM plug...

thanks
Old 12th May 2006
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2CRUNK

this command seems to work for me with Digirack plugins only... when i try to automate any Waves RTAS (or other wrapped plugs), it is unresponsive. however the new command featured in 7.0, of Ctrl+Start+Alt-click on the 'auto' button to enable every parameter does work with everything...
That shortcut works on stuff like McDsp, URS, Sony Oxford, Bum Factory, etc.

Doesn't work on Universal Audio, PSP, Ohmforce, etc.

I don't understand about ctrl/start/alt/click on the auto button.

Does that enable every parameter, or does it get you to the dialog box where you can pick which parameters you want to automate.

I can't think of a time when I'd want to automate every parameter, and otherwise you can just click on the auto button to open the dialog.

Or did I miss something?

And don't forget, there are plugins that have automation parameters that aren't represented graphically on the interface.

Look at the Voce Spin interface vs it's automation parameter list:
Attached Thumbnails
PT LE 'Hidden' Automation shortcuts...-picture-25.jpg  
Old 13th May 2006 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
yes, basically it brings up the normal automation dialog box but with every parameter automation enabled. ive noticed with the waves plugs it adds a red highlight around the parameter in the RTAS gui.

i know its wierd... why would you want to clog up your playlist with with everything. especially when you can only view/edit one at a time (without duplicating the track if thats correct...?)

i really with the shortcut would work how it is intended. nothing on digi's support site either mentioning anything about this bug.

btw you mention the shortcut works on URS plugs, sadly not for me =( i can only work it with the digirack!!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2CRUNK

btw you mention the shortcut works on URS plugs, sadly not for me =( i can only work it with the digirack!!
Really? control option command click? I wonder if it's because I'm still on 6.9.2 ?(happily so, too)

I sometimes think it doesn't work because I try to initiate the automation parameters with the transport in 'play', though.
Attached Thumbnails
PT LE 'Hidden' Automation shortcuts...-picture-27.jpg  
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
hmmm 7.1 here and running XP

you may have a point!
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…