Quantcast
need some tips for bouncing autotune edits..... - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
need some tips for bouncing autotune edits.....
Old 11th May 2006
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
need some tips for bouncing autotune edits.....

Hi,
So I've got my vocal track in PT (6.2.3 OSX MIX TDM), and I zoom and select a section that contains the problem phrase.

I get it fixed with A.T in Graphical mode, then I try to bounce the section (with the A.T fix of course), so that I can re-import and replace the original section.

The section seems to bounce down OK, but when i re-import it, it's exactly the same as the original (no autotune applied); anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I've resorted to doing the edit, the saving as a preset and using audiosuite to apply it, which seems a pain in the a$$.......

Yes, I've RTFM (A.T. 4), but it doesn't deal with this (unless I missed something).....

I'd really appreciate some help on this, cheers
Old 11th May 2006
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I have never bounced when autotuning in graphical mode. What I do is to record the region thru a bus and then put the autotuned region back in it´s place compensating the latency. It´s faster than bouncing and much easier if you want to make any changes after listening.

I don´t really know what you are doing wrong.
Old 11th May 2006 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
disabled automation?

99% of the time I just copy the AT settings to the Audio Suite version, audition and process.
Sometimes there're wierd artifacts with AS, when thats the case I use a bus and re-record in realtime.

I don't remember ever bouncing with AT engaged.
You have to disable all other plugs and mute any sends on the track and disable volume automation so your bounce comes back only pitch fixed and not processed.

I've found AS to be much quicker.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
if just re tuing a small section at a time track the pitch then AS the section, much quicker than bouncing

there is a good thread on the DUC windows LE forum about the best ways to use auto tune
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Cheers,
I'll go check out that thread on the Duck
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…