Quantcast
PT: Solo button greyed out - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
PT: Solo button greyed out
Old 10th May 2006
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
PT: Solo button greyed out

This is a question for you PT pro slutz out there.

I checked in the manual and couldn't find an answer for this although I'm sure it must be in there, just not searching with proper words. So anyways, here it is:

I have a session with a few tracks whose Solo buttons are greyed out so if I solo another ("normal") track, those tracks that have their solo button greyed out will still play. I have to mute them in order not to hear them. How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 10th May 2006
Lives for gear

They are in "solo safe" mode. Hold the Apple/CMD key and click on the Solo button to take them out of this mode.
Old 10th May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Right, and the practical use of that is when you're bussing tracks and want to listen to the subgroup... soloing it would mute all the tracks that play through it.... so remember the solo safe feature.
Old 11th May 2006 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
another common use is to solo-safe reverb returns, so when you solo a track, you still hear the reverb it has on it
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Not only have you solved my problem but you have also taught me a very useful feature. thumbsup

Thank you guys.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
BTW, the record button behaves the same way. if you want to record "safe" a track you can command click on the arming button and it will grey out, keeping the track from going into record even when you use Option Clicking to arm multiple tracks.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…