The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
NI Kore Discontinued
Old 22nd August 2011 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmukilteo ➡️
Thanks for the report Delta T...it's been 3 weeks now with nothing back from them...do you remember how long it took them to respond?
That would be par for the course if you never saw it again...which I would be pissed about...I think I paid $500 for both Kore and the controller back in the day...mine was a Kore2 controller...mine just stopped talking to the computer...the lights are on but nobodies home!...LOL
Considering the current state of NI and Kore I guess I can do nothing but wait and see what they will do for me....
I've tried everything anyone on the forums has offered as a fix but it just has to be the controller itself has failed...Oh well...just another happy NI user....

Ow - sorry , I thought I had replied to this thread.... I received a nice shiny - seemed to be new - KORE 1 controller back. Still had the plastic film on the plastic parts. Funny though - the feet still were sliding around (where did they get that lousy glue from!). No bill either...which was kind of impressive. I plugged it in - and the problem has not changed though - you still cannot adjust the knob sensitivity.

I had decided to upgrade my laptop from win XP to Win 7 and in doing so had to go thru the hoops that is the NI Kore and KOMPLETE installation fiasco... At one point I had the controller driver v2.0.15 (I believe that's the number) and the sensitivity adjustment worked fine. However, after installing ver. 3.0 driver it no longer works. So this is definately a driver or Kore software issue - not hardware

As for what they actually were trying to accomplish with the kontroller swap - I dunno. Maybe there was a hardware change/upgrade that they wanted to make sure was out there and the only way was to replace the units....or maybe it secretly spies on NI software I use so they can discontinue it sooner rather then later....

(why on earth did they discontinue Spektral Delay?)
Old 23rd August 2011
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
So its not true native instruments is going bankrupt?
Just heavily scaling back on all development of products and just boxing Komplete as Komplete 8?

Id hate to buy into a dead horse.
Old 23rd August 2011
restpause
I wish they'd at least keep the Kore Player soundpacks. I have a few of them and they are pretty good. They were actually kind of affordable with respect to the sound quality.
Old 23rd August 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay- ➡️
So its not true native instruments is going bankrupt?
Just heavily scaling back on all development of products and just boxing Komplete as Komplete 8?

Id hate to buy into a dead horse.

bankrupt? that's crazy. they sell a ton a of software. they're just focusing on maschine and maschine integration and i guess that's a big part of what the komplete8 update is about. check the last post on the previous page.

NI isn't going anywhere... they actually just bought out all their investors like a month or so ago. the company is now under control of the founders.

"Native was already pretty energetic, reporting revenue growth of 60% in 2009 and 70% in 2010."

Native Instruments Reorganizes – What Does It Mean? ? Synthtopia
Old 23rd August 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by astroidmist ➡️
I wish they'd at least keep the Kore Player soundpacks. I have a few of them and they are pretty good. They were actually kind of affordable with respect to the sound quality.
They can't. For them to work the integrated engines from Massive, FM8, Kontakt, etc. need to be upgraded in Kore as well. And that's exactly the reason it's discontinued in the first place.

If they wanted to salvage anything it would have been removing those engines and just load the plugins instead of the engines. People who've got Komplete would be able to keep using the sounds. NI stated that it was impossible (time consuming and not as simple as it sounds) to just take out those engines and keep Kore as a hollow shell...

The Koresounds that only use 1 engine can still be loaded in the individual plugins. "Massive Threat" sounds use Massive only they'll keep working in Massive itself.
📝 Reply