Quantcast
Audio Interface - Low Latency Performance Data Base - Page 167 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Audio Interface - Low Latency Performance Data Base
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
"Audinate's Dante PCIe-R Soundcard has been discontinued and support for this product will cease on 17 December 2022. Our partners continue to produce a wide range of Dante-enabled interfaces and I/O products.
For manufacturers, Audinate continues to provide a wide range of Solutions for Manufacturers to integrate Dante into new products. "

I was planning buying a new converter with Dante and add this pcie-R card in a chassi to get low latency with my new Apple M1 Mac mini but Audinate will never support its :/
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Epic Thread!
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Nut

I’ve only just discovered this thread, all 167 pages of it, not sure if I can “catch up”. Perhaps someone can help me with this:

I’m trying to find out what the best options are for ultra low latency audio i/o on a current iPad Pro via USB-C or TB3. As I understand it, that requires a Class-Compliant USB Audio interface, so the advantages of well written device specific drivers are lost?

To be clear, I’m specifically concerned about minimizing latency, and things like pre-amp quality aren’t really important. For example, if my best option is using the ADAT I/O of whatever interface then that will work just fine for me. But ideally, I’d love to see 8+ channels of Line Inputs plus 2x ADAT I/O for a total of 24+ channels of input.

I’d also be fine if there is an option for 2x Line In plus 1x ADAT, if I had the ability to add an additional interface for more I/O.

Thanks for any ideas, or if there is a better thread to ask this in, a pointer in that direction.
Gear Guru

18 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phishroom ➡️
I’ve only just discovered this thread, all 167 pages of it, not sure if I can “catch up”. Perhaps someone can help me with this:

I’m trying to find out what the best options are for ultra low latency audio i/o on a current iPad Pro via USB-C or TB3. As I understand it, that requires a Class-Compliant USB Audio interface, so the advantages of well written device specific drivers are lost?

To be clear, I’m specifically concerned about minimizing latency, and things like pre-amp quality aren’t really important. For example, if my best option is using the ADAT I/O of whatever interface then that will work just fine for me. But ideally, I’d love to see 8+ channels of Line Inputs plus 2x ADAT I/O for a total of 24+ channels of input.

I’d also be fine if there is an option for 2x Line In plus 1x ADAT, if I had the ability to add an additional interface for more I/O.

Thanks for any ideas, or if there is a better thread to ask this in, a pointer in that direction.
They'll probably all be about the same since they'll all be using the same drivers (Apple class compliant driver software.)

So just pick the one that has the best I/O features you like and etc.
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx ➡️
They'll probably all be about the same since they'll all be using the same drivers (Apple class compliant driver software.)

So just pick the one that has the best I/O features you like and etc.
Thank you thank you thank you. Your answer just saved me a ton of time and while I suspected this might be the case, I hadn’t found confirmation.
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phishroom;15615653
I’m trying to find out what the best options are for [I
ultra low latency[/I] audio i/o on a current iPad Pro via USB-C or TB3. As I understand it, that requires a Class-Compliant USB Audio interface, so the advantages of well written device specific drivers are lost?
RME has low latency and TotalMix runs on iPad's. UCX or UFX should fit the bill.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgilroy ➡️
RME has low latency and TotalMix runs on iPad's. UCX or UFX should fit the bill.
Just make sure to get the proper original Apple adapters so that you can run from a power supply. The option I went for was the camera adapter that give you a power run through and a female USB connector.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phishroom ➡️
I’m specifically concerned about minimizing latency, and things like pre-amp quality aren’t really important.
If they are all the same is regarding the CC driver, the big difference then would be the inherent latency of each interface. Check the database for the IO latency.

http://dawbench.com/images/DAWbench%...ary%202021.pdf

The best USB is the UFX+ at ~4.646ms at 64 samples compared to Focusrite saffire 6 usb at 9.887.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC ➡️
The best USB is the UFX+ at ~4.646ms at 64 samples compared to Focusrite saffire 6 usb at 9.887.
How old is the Saffire 6 now? I find the Focusrite stuff confusing because they have had multiple generations of some products. I am looking at the budget end at the Gen 3 Solo but it is not even listed here. Is there another similar shootout for the budget interfaces? I haven't been on Gearspace in ages!
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0b1liz3 ➡️
How old is the Saffire 6 now? I find the Focusrite stuff confusing because they have had multiple generations of some products. I am looking at the budget end at the Gen 3 Solo but it is not even listed here. Is there another similar shootout for the budget interfaces? I haven't been on Gearspace in ages!
No idea!

It would be nice if interface manufactures would publish this info.
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
Gear Guru

18 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0b1liz3 ➡️
Look on Amazon and go to the "first listed on Amazon" date, or look for a Sound On Sound release review, or another review site.

Can give an idea.
📝 Reply