The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Nebula must have
Old 19th May 2022 | Show parent
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Blaster ➡️
I would LOVE to know more details on what was enhanced/changed/added to the Trackmaster .

This thing sounds really big on my (techno/house) mixbusses [even without (much) LF bump from the pre]
Focus Comp is awesome, especially for drums and bass. The pre can get very bass heavy, but you have the option to flatten the curve and dial in higher harmonics as well.

Max also made a skin for it with very useful gui
Old 23rd May 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
AlexB - N09 GE Compressor/Limiter NEW skin

AlexB - N09 GE Compressor/Limiter

The famous classic Neve 33609 bus compressor is finally here with new skin!

The sampled unit is often called "Metal Knob”, which is a rare vintage device, an initial revision of the Neve 33609 hardware, with metal stepped knobs and a metal power switch, with a sought-after Marinair transformer.

The Neve 33609 is a two-channel compressor, with the same hand-wired transformers, and feedback circuit as the classic Neve 2254. The 33609 is the ideal compressor for the stereo bus on audio mixing and mastering applications. It offers a very transparent compression with its 1.5:1 ratio setting or can be slammed up to 6:1 to get as much attitude as you desire, commonly used on drums, vocals, pianos, and other acoustic instruments.

33609 uses a "diode-bridge" topology to achieve gain reduction. It is a stereo compressor with an independent limiter section, this is the most desirable version with the original transformers which sounds incredibly musical. It manages to sound clean but with the character without being weak and harsh. There is slight apparent coloration, just a maturity of tone, thanks to the classic Marinair transformer.

SKIN DOWNLOAD LINK :
https://www.patreon.com/posts/66777184
  • Please note: on release day skin is available for Patreons only.
  • Free access for non-patreons from June 23 / 2022
  • Join my Patreon community to get this skin now. You'll support further skins development!
LIBRARY DEVELOPER PRODUCT PAGE:
https://www.alexb.eu/nebula/compress...ompressor.html

PLEASE NOTE: This is unofficial skin,
not connected with the library developer – Alessandro Boschi (AlexB) in any way.
Old 23rd May 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejay ➡️

The sampled unit is often called "Metal Knob”, which is a rare vintage device, an initial revision of the Neve 33609 hardware, with metal stepped knobs and a metal power switch, with a sought-after Marinair transformer.

The Neve 33609 is a two-channel compressor, with the same hand-wired transformers, and feedback circuit as the classic Neve 2254. The 33609 is the ideal compressor for the stereo bus on audio mixing and mastering applications. It offers a very transparent compression with its 1.5:1 ratio setting or can be slammed up to 6:1 to get as much attitude as you desire, commonly used on drums, vocals, pianos, and other acoustic instruments.

33609 uses a "diode-bridge" topology to achieve gain reduction. It is a stereo compressor with an independent limiter section, this is the most desirable version with the original transformers which sounds incredibly musical. It manages to sound clean but with the character without being weak and harsh. There is slight apparent coloration, just a maturity of tone, thanks to the classic Marinair transformer.

SKIN DOWNLOAD LINK :
  • Join my Patreon community to get this skin now. You'll support further skins development!

not connected with the library developer – Alessandro Boschi (AlexB) in any way.
Stunning work as usual, ceejay!! When is the next vote? I'm eager for Alex's WSW eq to get the azzimov treatment too
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:

SKIN DOWNLOAD LINK :

YES!!
How did you manage to get the Compressor & Limiter on one GUI?!?

I love you man!
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macaroni ➡️
Posted on AlexB's Telegram page...

Beta testing SPQ...
I acquired this (and tested extensively). Not at all impressed unfortunately. I prefer Tim P's SURGE EQ. However, Alex B's MFC GE is somethin' else .
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyflip ➡️
Stunning work as usual, ceejay!! When is the next vote? I'm eager for Alex's WSW eq to get the azzimov treatment too
Thank you!
The next poll is planned for August, and I hope I'll be able to run it on time. I'll do my best to include WSW, as I can see a lot of great feedback about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frellin' Smesh ➡️
YES!!
How did you manage to get the Compressor & Limiter on one GUI?!?
I love you man!
Yes, it's in a single GUI, but you can't engage both compressor and limiter from a single Nebula instance at the same time. The Nebula rule: single program per Nebula instance is still relevant.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Excellent work @ ceejay
Old 24th May 2022 | Show parent
Gear Nut
Recently changed computer and the EAR Rooms doesnt load, it always shows "init" inside N4, ive requested and received a new authorization file from AITB but still cant load any program, also tried to deleted temp folder, re install the whole package but still nothing, any tips nebula wizards?
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixcore ➡️
Recently changed computer and the EAR Rooms doesnt load, it always shows "init" inside N4, ive requested and received a new authorization file from AITB but still cant load any program, also tried to deleted temp folder, re install the whole package but still nothing, any tips nebula wizards?
Do you have other EAR libraries with AUTs and SERs?
I had a similar issue recently. And to fix it I moved a file called addition.ser out of the main folder.
The addition.ser was blocking a lot of my EAR libraries for some reason.
Gear Head

Anyone used both N09 (AlexB) and S-609A (Cupwise) comp/limiter?

With Max's great new skin for AlexB's N09 metal knob comp/limiter (looks amazing btw!) I feel the old gearlust coming on to add to my nebula palette!

I already have Cupwise's S-609A which I think is based on the same device?

Just wondering if anyone had used the two and had any thoughts or comparisons. I am sure they are both quality presets, just wondering if there are enough differences to think of having both variants?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoot ➡️
With Max's great new skin for AlexB's N09 metal knob comp/limiter (looks amazing btw!) I feel the old gearlust coming on to add to my nebula palette!

Just wondering if anyone had used the two and had any thoughts or comparisons. I am sure they are both quality presets, just wondering if there are enough differences to think of having both variants?
Don’t own either but having heard both and the hardware, imo, Cupwise doesn’t sound at all like the hardware that was used to compare while Alex’s is closer from recollection of the same hw unit. So yes, having both wouldn’t be overlapping sonically. Cupwise will excel on some sources and Alex’s on other.
Lives for gear

Hey all I recently purchased Mammoth Eq and installed according to the manual. I can’t get it to create a SER file. I’m using N4 on a MAC. I’ve tried Protools and Mixbus 32. I’ve tried manually moving the files to the N4 folders as the installation placed them in N3, and also tried using the files provided by Ceejay…still nothing. I tried reaching out to AITB but I don’t expect to hear back for a couple days.
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound_of_ours ➡️
Do you have other EAR libraries with AUTs and SERs?
I had a similar issue recently. And to fix it I moved a file called addition.ser out of the main folder.
The addition.ser was blocking a lot of my EAR libraries for some reason.
Just got one, the EAR Rooms. Cant find any "addition.ser" file on my N4 repository. Weeks on this thing and cant seem to make it work, crazy!
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:

I have both, and each of them are fantastic. The 33609 is superb when used as a side-chain compressor. I find that if you're side-chaining drums, Alex's N09 is better as it really makes the transients pop in a very pleasant way.

Tim C's -S-609A is beautiful for side-chaining things like bass, vocals, etc, though its still a great experience on drums as well.

Truly happy to have both.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleu Fontaine ➡️
Don’t own either but having heard both and the hardware, imo, Cupwise doesn’t sound at all like the hardware that was used to compare while Alex’s is closer from recollection of the same hw unit. So yes, having both wouldn’t be overlapping sonically. Cupwise will excel on some sources and Alex’s on other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by think2wice ➡️
I have both, and each of them are fantastic. The 33609 is superb when used as a side-chain compressor. I find that if you're side-chaining drums, Alex's N09 is better as it really makes the transients pop in a very pleasant way.

Tim C's -S-609A is beautiful for side-chaining things like bass, vocals, etc, though its still a great experience on drums as well.

Truly happy to have both.
Someone on Max's Yt video of the N09 skin asked the same and this was max's answer, which i have no doubt is spot-on, so i'm sure @ ceejay is Ok with me quoting his answer!? :

"I'd say Cupwise version are more tweakable, since it has extended control ranges (beyond the hardware provides). It's more modern sounding, also because it's based on modern hardware revision.
And AlexB's 33609 strong points is authenticity (it's also based on earlier vintage hardware revision), and auto release functionality (which Cupwise library don't provide), which makes it especially useful on complex material and master bus applications."

EDIT: the Alex B is the original 'Metal Knob' and the Tim C is the newer revision.
Old 24th May 2022
Lives for gear

I never liked Cupwise's compressors, getting good results was very difficult, possibly because of the extended control ranges.
Old 24th May 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I demoed Tim's 33609 but couldn't bond with it.

I bought AlexB's 33609 and it is a fixture in my mix bus chain in mid side via Patchwork. It sometimes finds other duties, but I have so many incredible compressors that I like to use the rest of the collection.

I had the UAD version long ago, but didn't get it like I do now.
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by denork ➡️
I never liked Cupwise's compressors, getting good results was very difficult, possibly because of the extended control ranges.
They are in fact more difficult to set up and their number of several options can be confusing. But I think nevertheless TImCs comp (if you find a way, to work with them) are similiar to TimPs stuff top notch!
I´m in love with his C660, Raphylex and Lunchpail

Hm I like AlexB libs with EQs and Consoles more than his compressors. But with this new fancy skin... I should give it a try
Lives for gear

I still havent purchased any Cupwise comps yet. But based on Ceejay's demo video 9k is a must. I also think the 660 sounds great, I can imagine its use in mastering and lunchpail very much sounds like API compression.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleu Fontaine ➡️
Hey all I recently purchased Mammoth Eq and installed according to the manual. I can’t get it to create a SER file. I’m using N4 on a MAC. I’ve tried Protools and Mixbus 32. I’ve tried manually moving the files to the N4 folders as the installation placed them in N3, and also tried using the files provided by Ceejay…still nothing. I tried reaching out to AITB but I don’t expect to hear back for a couple days.
Mac users (as I suspect you are) need the special 64-bit installation package, different from that provided on the purchase. Just contact the developer via email: [email protected] requesting it, and you'll get the download link.
Old 25th May 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Mac users (as I suspect you are) need the special 64-bit installation package, different from that provided on the purchase. Just contact the developer via email: [email protected] requesting it, and you'll get the download link.
Thanks. They sorted it out for me and it’s working perfectly. I just needed to be patient lol.
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Blaster ➡️
Someone on Max's Yt video of the N09 skin asked the same and this was max's answer, which i have no doubt is spot-on, so i'm sure @ ceejay is Ok with me quoting his answer!? :

"I'd say Cupwise version are more tweakable, since it has extended control ranges (beyond the hardware provides). It's more modern sounding, also because it's based on modern hardware revision.
And AlexB's 33609 strong points is authenticity (it's also based on earlier vintage hardware revision), and auto release functionality (which Cupwise library don't provide), which makes it especially useful on complex material and master bus applications."

EDIT: the Alex B is the original 'Metal Knob' and the Tim C is the newer revision.
Thanks for collecting this info together which makes things clearer, esp that the emulations are of different versions!

Sounds like my 'accountant' is going to lose this argument ... and my 'studio manager' will have a new present to look forward to! :-)
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by denork ➡️
I, and numerous other users have also had a difficult time with Cupwise Compressors - (especially 'Flucti-Mew, Lunchpail and The C660), due to the extended knob ranges not correlating with their hardware counterparts.

Because Nebula metering ballistics are unreliable, the GUI dials become the main visual point of reference, but the Cupwise compressor dial ranges are also altered, so it's very easy to lose your bearings.

I always thought it would have been so much easier for end users if each Cupwise Compressor GUI had original hardware 'range indicators' around each dial, so that users would know when we are "not in Kansas anymore".

It's probably too late to change things now, but below is a rough mock-up of the visual 'indicators' I'm referring to.
Attached Thumbnails
Nebula must have-lunchpail-gui-suggestion.png  
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frellin' Smesh ➡️
I, and numerous other users have also had a difficult time with Cupwise Compressors - (especially 'Flucti-Mew, Lunchpail and The C660), due to the extended knob ranges not correlating with their hardware counterparts.

Because Nebula metering ballistics are unreliable, the GUI dials become the main visual point of reference, but the Cupwise compressor dial ranges are also altered, so it's very easy to lose your bearings.

I always thought it would have been so much easier for end users if each Cupwise Compressor GUI had original hardware 'range indicators' around each dial, so that users would know when we are "not in Kansas anymore".

It's probably too late to change things now, but below is a rough mock-up of the visual 'indicators' I'm referring to.
Really nice idea! I have to discuss it with Tim. Hope we'll find some agreement on this)
Old 26th May 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
i can't say i could understand how having the extended ranges would make someone completely unable to use my comps but i have no problem with max adding something like that to the GUIs. usually the extended range would be something like the original release could go up to 2 seconds and i made it go to 4. if you're using 3+seconds release and not liking the results it seems like it'd be obvious that maybe you're using too slow of a release so you'd adjust it down. they always have readouts telling you the timing..

but i'll try to focus on getting the info to max so can do this for them soon!
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupwise ➡️
i can't say i could understand how having the extended ranges would make someone completely unable to use my comps but i have no problem with max adding something like that to the GUIs. usually the extended range would be something like the original release could go up to 2 seconds and i made it go to 4. if you're using 3+seconds release and not liking the results it seems like it'd be obvious that maybe you're using too slow of a release so you'd adjust it down. they always have readouts telling you the timing..

but i'll try to focus on getting the info to max so can do this for them soon!
I think it's good to have extended ranges (more options for different situations)!
I can understand people who have used the actual hardware perhaps having some goto knob positions for certain situations and the idea from Frellin' Smesh of having indicators on the GUI to inform when passing into extended territory could be a win-win in this regard!
Old 26th May 2022
Gear Head

Lunchpail is one of my most used compressors.
I have zero issues with the extended ranges.
Old 26th May 2022
Gear Head

Henry Olonga Preamps N4 Skin

Henry Olonga Preamps N4 Skin. This skin groups all the programs that you can find in the “Preamps” section in the Henry Olonga All You Can EAT bundle.

Visual demo:

100 different programs in one skin!
100 different preamps in one skin!

The programs are located in "HO (HO) > Preamp (PRE)" in the nebula finder.

THESE PROGRAMS ARE DIFFERENT FROM THE HO MOJO, located in "HO (HO) > MJO (MJO)".

You can get HO's free 44kHz programs and vectors version or buy other sample rate versions at the Henry Olonga official website: http://www.nebulapresets.com

You can also download the programs and vectors of just the Preamps section (44kHz free version) from this link: https://mega.nz/file/c48SSRgC#P5VvFF...Gz5XmmgyTDhdVk

Skin available for 44kHz and 96kHz (ask if you need the 192kHz version).

You can buy the skin at https://www.facebook.com/NebulaSkins
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
SRC Issue

Hi All,

I’m having issues with Nebula and the SRC. I’m running in 48k native sample rate but when selecting some 96k libraries (third party Alexb or TimP) I would get some high frequency loss.. in the range of 4-5 db.

If I run a 48k library on 48k native I have no issues and also 44k.. no issues.

I know some libraries don’t provide 48k, so I would have to run at 44 which seems to work fine.

If I try run at 96k native with 96k library there is no issue.

Do you know what could be causing this issue, it looks like it could be a sample rate conversion issue.

Any advice would be grateful.

Thank you
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdproductionsuk ➡️
Hi All,

I’m having issues with Nebula and the SRC. I’m running in 48k native sample rate but when selecting some 96k libraries (third party Alexb or TimP) I would get some high frequency loss.. in the range of 4-5 db.

If I run a 48k library on 48k native I have no issues and also 44k.. no issues.

I know some libraries don’t provide 48k, so I would have to run at 44 which seems to work fine.

If I try run at 96k native with 96k library there is no issue.

Do you know what could be causing this issue, it looks like it could be a sample rate conversion issue.

Any advice would be grateful.

Thank you
Did you try raising the RATECNV parameter to the max?

If not, go to N4 xml and edit the value to this:
<RATECONVERSION> 9000000 </RATECONVERSION>
Save, an see if it helped.
📝 Reply