The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Nebula must have
Old 28th January 2022 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejay ➡️
Thank you!
Personally, I think 44.1 will work ok for 48k project.
But the most developers recommend using higher SR programs for such cases.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macaroni ➡️
Definitely use the 96k version.
Well... in this case, I think I'll grab the 96K AYCI from Mr. Olonga. The only library from him I tried so far was the Clariphonic EQ, and even that, I have only the 44.1k here.
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ogre ➡️
Well... in this case, I think I'll grab the 96K AYCI from Mr. Olonga. The only library from him I tried so far was the Clariphonic EQ, and even that, I have only the 44.1k here.
Just be aware that Max a.k.a. Azzimov/CeeJay has not edited the files for the 96k library (only the 44k library has been cleaned up).

Azzimov often adjusts/cleans up older library files while creating the new GUIs to reduce old truncation "ripple" & undesirable artifacts.

If you install the 96k version, it will work, but will not have Azzimov's tidying of each preset.

There is a way to do it yourself as Azzimov states:

"Just open every program, press the EDIT button on the N4 window to switch to N4 factory skin, enter KERN menu, and adjust the FADE for CLEAN kernel to about 13-14 ms. Then go back to main window and press SAVE."

How much of a difference this will make in end use cases is subjective, but it's definitely worth mentioning.

Last edited by Frellin' Smesh; 28th January 2022 at 09:06 PM..
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ogre ➡️
Sure, supporting Henry is a good idea anyway)
BTW, consider checking the TITAN V2 EQ, MOJO, and the MIC's collections, I've made skins for as well.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frellin' Smesh ➡️
Just be aware that Max a.k.a. Azzimov/CeeJay has not edited the files for the 96k library (only the 44k library has been cleaned up).

Azzimov often adjusts/cleans up older library files while creating the new GUIs to reduce old truncation "ripple" & undesirable artifacts.

If you install the 96k version, it will work, but will not have Azzimov's tidying of each preset.

"Just open every program, press the EDIT button on the N4 window to switch to N4 factory skin, enter KERN menu, and adjust the FADE for CLEAN kernel to about 13-14 ms. Then go back to main window and press SAVE."

How much of difference this will make in end use cases is subjective, but it's definitely worth mentioning.
I tried it on my 96k version but looking in plugin doctor (please dont kill me) the ripple is still there it just change slightly? is that normal.

Before

After
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick81 ➡️
I tried it on my 96k version but looking in plugin doctor (please dont kill me) the ripple is still there it just change slightly? is that normal.
The trick I described worked only for 44k versions, and without modifying the default kern length 50 ms.
I wasn't able to test it with 96k, since I don't own AYCE 96.

You can also try more in-depth KERN tweaking, described here:
Nebula must have
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick81 ➡️

Before

After
Only way to fix ripple it's a fade out NAT wav samples.
AlexB "GE approach" it's simple fade outs, that he denied a long time. And if he had been more far-sighted, and kept all the sources of his libraries, he would not have had to pay again for renting studios with equipment.

Does not matter.
In short, the only way to remove the ripple is a smooth fade outs individual NAT samples created with NAT Platinum app that no one want to share with community.
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frellin' Smesh ➡️

How much of a difference this will make in end use cases is subjective, but it's definitely worth mentioning.
Glad you pointed this out! It's true that we normally don't need to pay much attention to this, as Max does this work on his skins. But yes, I'm aware of the artifacts and I've seen his article on ripple and chirping.

I tried using this in AlexB's API Mastering EQ, but I couldn't get rid of the ripple by messing with the library kernel (the chirp went away as soon as I did gain staging in Plugin Doctor), but so far I can't even tell if I'll notice when I find 'ripple monster', as I haven't used any libraries with ripple so far. I don't know what to expect.
Old 29th January 2022
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Just wanted to share this. I got a new mic recently and did a little demo recording of my girlfriend's vocals. TimP's Opto32 was the compressor. Sounds great!

Also tried the Vari-Level 2 (my favourite comp of his) but Opto worked better in this scenario
Attached Files

Vocal-bounce4.wav (6.14 MB, 1705 views)

Old 29th January 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barncore ➡️
Just wanted to share this. I got a new mic recently and did a little demo recording of my girlfriend's vocals. TimP's Opto32 was the compressor. Sounds great!

Also tried the Vari-Level 2 (my favourite comp of his) but Opto worked better in this scenario
What’s the new mic?
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFSAKA ➡️
Only way to fix ripple it's a fade out NAT wav samples.
AlexB "GE approach" it's simple fade outs, that he denied a long time. And if he had been more far-sighted, and kept all the sources of his libraries, he would not have had to pay again for renting studios with equipment.

Does not matter.
In short, the only way to remove the ripple is a smooth fade outs individual NAT samples created with NAT Platinum app that no one want to share with community.
very informative and knowledgeable post. Thanks for that elucidation!
Has anyone bought from Tim Petherick lately? I was looking at buying his Tube Tech and thought the 20PERCENT discount was ongoing but I can no longer see it optioned in the purchasing process.
By the way, his Dual-Tech (Pultec) preamp is rather nice used on it's own...
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrathOfMaitreya ➡️
Has anyone bought from Tim Petherick lately? I was looking at buying his Tube Tech and thought the 20PERCENT discount was ongoing but I can no longer see it optioned in the purchasing process.
By the way, his Dual-Tech (Pultec) preamp is rather nice used on it's own...
What's that listed under? I see I bought Dual-Tech Nov 30 but strangely don't see it. At the time I made a mental note it was a little darker than Purple in the Aqua line and otherwise a thing of beauty.

As for 20% off, I see I've bought 18 TimP's at 20% off, plus the free stuff lately which was/is mightily appreciated .

FWIW right now I'm jamming to Black Sabbath Sabotage through TimP 37J channel 4 that's got some nice additional brinkmanship pressure

Last edited by JoeyM; 29th January 2022 at 05:38 PM..
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM ➡️
What's that listed under? I see I bought Dual-Tech Nov 30 but strangely don't see it. At the time I made a mental note it was a little darker than Purple in the Aqua line and otherwise a thing of beauty.

As for 20% off, I see I've bought 18 TimP's at 20% off, plus the free stuff lately which was/is mightily appreciated .

FWIW right now I'm jamming to Black Sabbath Sabotage through TimP 37J channel 4 that's got some nice additional brinkmanship pressure
LOL thats nice pressure indeed

https://www.timpetherick.co.uk/downl...-mu-complimit/

Indeed a thing of beauty.

Think the 20% has ended, I kind of took it for granted, got just about everything else has but missed the Tube Tech.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Exclamation

Quote:
LOL thats nice pressure indeed

https://www.timpetherick.co.uk/downl...-mu-complimit/

Indeed a thing of beauty.

Think the 20% has ended, I kind of took it for granted, got just about everything else has but missed the Tube Tech.
Oh my mistake, sorry! I confused Dualtec with Blue mu.

So what is Blu Mu's specialty? Should it be considered an updated _____?
But yeah, the lack of 20% discount is noticeable; it helped with the dollar/whatever conversion. Oooh the goodies in my toolbox!

Now its time for a new computer or three...
Old 30th January 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Is it possible to have N4temprepository folder on an external drive and have N4 point to it there?
Old 30th January 2022 | Show parent
Does anyone know what the latest update is regarding AlexB libraries and JPN skins? Alex was going to release updates with the skins included. I bought the VML GE last month and couldn't get the skin from JPN, he said wait for the update.
I dont want to join Telegram for fear of being recruited into some citizens' militia and ending up on some watchlist, and even worse, having to wear a bandana.
Old 31st January 2022 | Show parent
Gear Head

Quote:
Does anyone know what the latest update is regarding AlexB libraries and JPN skins? Alex was going to release updates with the skins included. I bought the VML GE last month and couldn't get the skin from JPN, he said wait for the update.
I dont want to join Telegram for fear of being recruited into some citizens' militia and ending up on some watchlist, and even worse, having to wear a bandana.
I have also been waiting for the VML skins! Not sure what is happening? There was an update for SP79 (the Mastering console) with the JPN skins 4 weeks ago requiring the ENTIRE 1.3 Gb library to be re-dl'ed which is overkill to get 50 Mb of skins data!
If they could organize the skins as a separate link (sending 2 product links for new purchases like many others do) I think it would be much simpler for them to organize and we could get these goodies quicker!
As an aside for whoever reads in the marketing department, once I own one or 2 consoles or equalizers, I really don't get that excited about buying a 3rd and 4th with a boring vanilla skin with no switching capability. So I end up using my disposable income to purchase additional components from other vendors who do put in the effort to make their products more usable - and skins are a big part of that!
Hence I find myself buying all 4 of TimC's Real Space verbs when honestly if I were in an alternate universe and only had one I would still be more than happy playing the f**k out of it!
Gear lust is a 'thing' and it's 2022! Get your pimped out skins out there and you will definitely sell more units! :-)
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyflip ➡️
Is it possible to have N4temprepository folder on an external drive and have N4 point to it there?
It's definitely possible, mine is on my F drive.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoot ➡️
It's definitely possible, mine is on my F drive.
Awesome thanks. I think I remember seeing in N4 settings that you can select alternate data paths.. I'll take a look when I get home. Good to know it's possible Cheers!
I received an email saying that AlexB W295B GE has been updated
It is named W295B GESK
Does anyone know if this is an actual update to the actual library or just to the actual skin?
Gear Maniac
Quote:
It is named W295B GESK
Does anyone know if this is an actual update to the actual library or just to the actual skin?
Yeah I go the same for the WSW EQ. What does the SK mean? Email said to watch video on product page for more but that was just how to make a setup
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
It is named W295B GESK
I'm pretty sure it's just an update re the new skins.

Alex didn't mention any other changes to the libraries.
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macaroni ➡️
I'm pretty sure it's just an update re the new skins.

Alex didn't mention any other changes to the libraries.
Oh of course, SK for skin, yeah new skin is nice
Old 1st February 2022 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomheavybeats ➡️
Oh of course, SK for skin, yeah new skin is nice
Is this skin to be seen anywhere? I already got the skin for this and am wondering if it's actually the same one, also by JPN. I think its the same one I have only JPN is bundling them together with the libs now.
I dont fancy going through the reinstall resetup process to find its the same skin.

EDIT, found it https://www.alexb.eu/nebula/equalize...intage_eq.html
Old 1st February 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Is this skin to be seen anywhere? I already got the skin for this and am wondering if it's actually the same one, also by JPN. I think its the same one I have only JPN is bundling them together with the libs now.
I dont fancy going through the reinstall resetup process to find its the same skin.

I beta tested the WSW EQ skin and it had a few minor issues that appear to be resolved with this new release, so it's probably a good idea to use the new skin versions just to be safe.
Old 3rd February 2022 | Show parent
Gear Head

Quote:

Now that's what I'm talking about! #gearlust #1moreEqBcos ...
Gear Maniac

Anyone interested in selling me their London Acoustics Verona EQ?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik_Lucas ➡️
Never! Sorry!
Lives for gear

Quote:
That's the one that got me started down the N4/AA path. Within seconds of demoing, I was amazed by the smooth and truly analog sound...
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Sell? Verona? Not in a million years!

In an unrelated story... coincidence?

Nebula must have-coincidence.jpg

Hmmmm.....
📝 Reply