Quantcast
Nebula must have - Page 460 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Nebula must have
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Those units are from the AMS Neve 88RS console, which is not the same as the RND 5088 console, ie: the Snow collection.
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llumemergent3.0 ➡️
Anyone out there who has the alexb 88RS new channel comp ?? What is your opinion on this? And how does this GE version translate with the comps currently in the nebula world ??

Any information will be welcome
Now that everything seems to be clear, does anyone have any opinions and experience?

Thanks
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone21 ➡️
Did a quick drum+bassguitar loop and threw in a few comps with 4-6db reduction:

clean.mp3
100a_v4.mp3
opto32-3a.mp3
lbus_v2.mp3
n09_ge.mp3
unable to access any of these files?
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macaroni ➡️
Tunca (AO) has really stepped up his game since back then. He's in another league now.
I can't agree more. Some of his plugins are one of the algos I like the most nowadays. They owe nothing to better-known brands. And, as @ LASTLAVGH said, the compensated gain (and not only in the G395a) is really handy!!
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ogre ➡️
I can't agree more. Some of his plugins are one of the algos I like the most nowadays. They owe nothing to better-known brands. And, as @ LASTLAVGH said, the compensated gain (and not only in the G395a) is really handy!!
I became a patron today and can’t believe how many he’s cranked out since the first few he released some years ago. He’s been busy!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by LASTLAVGH ➡️
I noticed this too, (assuming you're looking in PD) but realized A) it's only looking like that when driven at close to 0 db, when it should not be, and B) Weirder, at least for me, if I switch between the lite and full versions once, it goes to flat...

I think Tim C said that what you're seeing is harmonics because it's not meant to be driven that hot.
Yes, you’re right. The combined program smooths out much more with proper gain staging. Would like to find the sweet spot to maximize the kernel dynamics.
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
AlexB's R88 is the RND 5088 console and it's not GE yet, nor is the comp and EQ from that console.
Not gonna happen either. Unfortunately Alex confirmed it's not possible to resample the unit. Too bad considering the heavy ripple on Line Input & G.Bus Clean, making it barely useable on bass:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason ➡️
unable to access any of these files?
Maybe your country or ISP blocked Zippyshare?
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Not gonna happen either. Unfortunately Alex confirmed it's not possible to resample the unit. Too bad considering the heavy ripple on Line Input & G.Bus Clean, making it barely useable on bass:
https://postimg.cc/gallery/y9yJwP6

MIc pre
Mic pre silk
Mix bus clean
Mix bus modern
And all gbuss presets except clan buss are usable, cos there are less sub low in 5088 and less ripple occurs

For the same reason a whole R33 eq are normal

https://postimg.cc/Ffz0y7Yn
Quote:

re: Zippyshare block - mine did, either my browser or ISP or something it, started crowing about it being a 'known malicious site' or something so i had to get a colleague to get them for me.
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrathOfMaitreya ➡️
re: Zippyshare block - mine did, either my browser or ISP or something it, started crowing about it being a 'known malicious site' or something so i had to get a colleague to get them for me.
I've tried it on my home WiFi and on my mobile data, neither allow me to access. I just get 403 forbidden.
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
I've tried it on my home WiFi and on my mobile data, neither allow me to access. I just get 403 forbidden.
Seems to be blocked in countries such as Spain, UK, Germany and Denmark. Use a VPN.
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Seems to be blocked in countries such as Spain, UK, Germany and Denmark. Use a VPN.
UK here. must be a new thing. I've had no problem with zippy in the past.

anyone care to host these files elsewhere? I'm very interested in the n09
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
UK here. must be a new thing. I've had no problem with zippy in the past.

anyone care to host these files elsewhere? I'm very interested in the n09
Was able to download and attach. See if that works better.

I also have N09 myself, and will try to get some examples together.

EDIT: These were from Nebula must have
Attached Files

n09_ge.mp3 (813.3 KB, 1164 views)

clean.mp3 (813.3 KB, 1158 views)

100a_v4.mp3 (813.3 KB, 1151 views)

opto32-3a.mp3 (813.3 KB, 1147 views)

lbus_v2.mp3 (813.3 KB, 1153 views)

n09_ge.mp3 (813.3 KB, 1138 views)

Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonym Music ➡️
Was able to download and attach. See if that works better.

I also have N09 myself, and will try to get some examples together.

EDIT: These were from Nebula must have
you sir, are a gent! any further examples you may have would be gratefully received. one of the frustrations of nebula is the lack of demoing options that you have with the aquas.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Alright so here's an exerpt from a song - "Hey Lady" by Steve Maggiora. It's one of the many multitracks from Produce Like a Pro that you can practice on if you become a member. (Wish I were shilling but a legitimately good resource.)

Bass: N09 GE 0.10 Release / Ratio 4 / 5 dB GR
Drums: N09 GE 0.10 Release / Ratio 2 / 4 db GR
Guitar: N09 GE 0.10 Release / Ratio 4 / 3 dB GR
Piano: N09 GE 0.10 Release /Ratio 3 / 5 dB GR
All: A touch of L3, no compression otherwise
Attached Files

Steve Maggiora_Hey Lady_Bass ex.wav (6.57 MB, 801 views)

Steve Maggiora_Hey Lady_Drums ex.wav (6.57 MB, 794 views)

Steve Maggiora_Hey Lady_Guitar ex.wav (6.57 MB, 794 views)

Steve Maggiora_Hey Lady_Piano ex.wav (6.57 MB, 797 views)

Steve Maggiora_Hey Lady_All ex.wav (6.57 MB, 800 views)

Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:

I've not had any issues using it on bass or drums/bass stem. It never sounded weird.

What are you hearing?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

What's the general rule to stop chirping? I'll my faders are dropped low, but im still getting chirping.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I noticed in AlexB's manual that his N09 (33609) has only a fixed attack for the compressor, ie: 4ms. I asked Alex about the other Attack settings and he said that's all there was on this unit. The Limiter has two Attack times.

All the models I've seen of the 33609 had several Attack times, so I guess those were later units.

4ms doesn't seem very flexible for a variety of sources. I wasn't aware that the 'metal knob' unit only had a fixed Attack.

Any thoughts or comparisons with Tim Cupwise's 33609?

Last edited by Macaroni; 1 week ago at 11:14 PM..
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney rubble ➡️
What's the general rule to stop chirping? I'll my faders are dropped low, but im still getting chirping.
Which library?
What are peaks reading going into N4?

Most faders will decrease level after all the plugins, but if you're getting heavy chirping you'll need to decrease the signal level before hitting the N4 instance (not after with the channel fader). Place a meter plugin before your N4 instance and check your peak and rms signal level readings.
Here for the gear

Quote:
Its more to do with how hot you're hitting the plugin, faders will be post plugin and so won't affect the input signal. I use Hornet VU Meter with auto setting as first plugin to get my levels down to -18dbfs, which is just right for hitting nearly all Nebula libs I think

EDIT: See post above! I was beaten to it
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjmwpg ➡️
Which library?
What are peaks reading going into N4?

Most faders will decrease level after all the plugins, but if you're getting heavy chirping you'll need to decrease the signal level before hitting the N4 instance (not after with the channel fader). Place a meter plugin before your N4 instance and check your peak and rms signal level readings.
Its an alexb console i just got, i found the culprit one of the faders was still to high, the high end on my soft synth was causing mad chirping. dangerous with headphones. i'll start putting meter plugin before them. Thanks
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Anyone have Alexb's W95b German EQ and really like it? I meant to order the W95S German EQ, but clicked the wrong box in the silver customer order area. So now i guess i'm stuck with this W95b EQ i wasn't planning on buying. Am I going to like it?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I noticed in AlexB's manual that his N09 (33609) has only a fixed attack for the compressor, ie: 4ms. I asked Alex about the other Attack settings and he said that's all there was on this unit. The Limiter has several Attack times.

All the models I've seen of the 33609 had several Attack times. 4ms doesn't seem very flexible for a variety of sources.

Any thoughts?
The limiter has two attack time selections, the compressor doesn't. This is present in the N09 library. But yeah, either it's the right selection or it isn't. My choice of slower, groovier material was not unintentional because the attack and release times can work well there.

It's got the bounce and it's got the grab. I'd love to hear how anyone feels about how it compares to hardware.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Anyone have Alexb's W95b German EQ and really like it? I meant to order the W95S German EQ, but clicked the wrong box in the silver customer order area. So now i guess i'm stuck with this W95b EQ i wasn't planning on buying. Am I going to like it?
eMail Alex. I'm sure he'll sort it out for you.
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
I noticed in AlexB's manual that his N09 (33609) has only a fixed attack for the compressor, ie: 4ms. I asked Alex about the other Attack settings and he said that's all there was on this unit. The Limiter has two Attack times.

All the models I've seen of the 33609 had several Attack times, so I guess those were later units.

4ms doesn't seem very flexible for a variety of sources. I wasn't aware that the 'metal knob' unit only had a fixed Attack.

Any thoughts or comparisons with Tim Cupwise's 33609?
I've worked with quite a few of the hardware items over the years. none had selectable attack time on the compressor section.
Gear Addict

Quote:
Your best bet is to ask Alex directly if his non GE EQs have ripples or other issues...

[email protected]

Let us know what he says. He is very responsive.
Good luck with that lol!
Lives for gear

Quote:
Its an alexb console i just got, i found the culprit one of the faders was still to high, the high end on my soft synth was causing mad chirping. dangerous with headphones. i'll start putting meter plugin before them. Thanks
Airwindows BitShiftGain is a great utility for this. It only raises or lowers your signal by increments of 6dB through . . . (drum roll) . . . shifting one bit. You can place one instance before your N4 instance to cut your level by 6 or 12dB and then if needed another one after your N4 to raise your level back up by 6 or 12dB. I have built plugin chains within Reaper so I always have a BitShiftGain plugin before and after my N4 chain so they are there if I need them.

If you've never used Airwindows before they are wonderful plugins for the price of whatever you can afford to give Chris through his Patreon.
Here for the gear

Quote:
Airwindows BitShiftGain is a great utility for this. It only raises or lowers your signal by increments of 6dB through . . . (drum roll) . . . shifting one bit. You can place one instance before your N4 instance to cut your level by 6 or 12dB and then if needed another one after your N4 to raise your level back up by 6 or 12dB. I have built plugin chains within Reaper so I always have a BitShiftGain plugin before and after my N4 chain so they are there if I need them.

If you've never used Airwindows before they are wonderful plugins for the price of whatever you can afford to give Chris through his Patreon.
Thanks, Is there a simple methodology or rule of thumb for not chirping on the mix bus? It seems eq's and console instances on the mixbus, can start chirping very easily, especially if i start turning eq knobs.
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Thanks, Is there a simple methodology or rule of thumb for not chirping on the mix bus? It seems eq's and console instances on the mixbus, can start chirping very easily, especially if i start turning eq knobs.
As others have said, whenever you’re going into a Nebula instance, add something like HornetVUMeter or another trim plug beforehand and make sure the average input is -18/0VU. As long as the incoming level is okay, you shouldn’t be getting any chirps.
Here for the gear

Quote:

This too or his PurestGain for finer db increments
📝 Reply