The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Nebula must have
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #12481
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssamson ➡️
"But as kindafishy pointed out ... you have to pre-load the Nebula inside Metaplugin, with the 96k Presets .... then select 2x."
I'm almost certain you need to do OS in Metaplugin FIRST, then load (i.e) 96k Neb after. Otherwise SRC occurs. You can check the status of the Neb OS in the Edit menu of the Neb instance. From memory, if the sample rate in the Edit menu is flashing it means SRC is taking place. I could be wrong but this was my conclusion when I looked into this a few months ago.
You´re right. You have to OS in Metaplugin first, and then choose your Neb instance or program with the correct Samplerate
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #12482
Gear Nut
 
loudscape's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupwise ➡️
maybe phase? did you check the phase responses? or as you said i guess it could be related to the harmonics. it also could be that the frequency response changes at different drive levels, and the graph you're seeing is possibly just at one particular amount of input level.

are you talking about hardware preamps, or nebula programs?
The only phase changes occur where the programs dip and/or bump on the low end, 20-50hz. Oh and right up top at nyquist if at all. These are some aqua and nebula preamps I'm auditioning. For instance Cream line/mic is very robust on the low side and slightly dark on the high side, vs Camel line which isn't as thick down low but pushes up high. None of this appears in the freq response domain, unless I use Random instead of delta, but even then it's so so subtle and hard to discern.

Now that I think of it, I'm going to spend some minutes looking at yours and TimP's passthroughs for kicks. Comparing your C660 passthroughs with each other for instance, or his Ra6, etc.

Oh and for what it's worth I'm using the new Patchwork demo to buffer the input/output to -18.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjBossman ➡️
have you tried the hammerstein tabs? Here you can see how the harmonomics will act at the corresponding frequencies.
I tried that, and there are some obvious differences, but really far down like below -105db, and not 100% correlated with what I was hearing. Maybe I'm imagining it.

The preemptive big take-away is that the Freq response plot isn't the whole story, and we should trust our ears. I feel like I've read that before...
But I'm a self described nerd, and like seeing how things look under different microscopes.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #12483
Lives for gear
 
Will The Weirdo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupwise ➡️
yes

the emails go out to the addresses attached to the paypal account used
Thanks Tim, unfortunately the paypal I use does not go to my main email and this happens every time you release an update. I then contact you via the same email I've used for over a decade now and my account is under on your site, then you then email me any update to that same email.

I was just hoping we finally jumped off the hamsters wheel, lol.

Anyway... I'll just download AX102 again on your site. Always appreciate your updates and fine Nebula work.

Do I need to redownload the pack B vectors too for the update?

Last edited by Will The Weirdo; 4 weeks ago at 05:16 PM.. Reason: Question
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #12484
Lives for gear
 
Cupwise's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo ➡️
Thanks Tim, unfortunately the paypal I use does not go to my main email and this happens every time you release an update. I then contact you via the same email I've used for over a decade now and my account is under on your site, then you then email me any update to that same email.

I was just hoping we finally jumped off the hamsters wheel, lol.

Anyway... I'll just download AX102 again on your site. Always appreciate your updates and fine Nebula work.

Do I need to redownload the pack B vectors too for the update?
yes
Old 4 weeks ago
  #12485
Lives for gear
 
Beatworld's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Email received here, update installed.
Thanks Tim.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #12486
Deleted 0dfcc1b
Guest
After weeks of frustration I finally got N4 to work, it was by far the most convoluted process I've ever had to go through for a $350 program.

The migration from N3 to N4 was a bloody nightmare. Still feels likes its still stuck in the N2/N3 days and is kind of the red headed stepchild of AA's lineup.

So disappointed that I can't be bothered to get on board the ACQUA line. They promised chain-able Eqs and a bunch of other things, took the cash and focused on the newer product lines.

Still feel burned but I 100% support 3rd party devs. In fact I've spent over $500 on new libraries in the last few weeks brining everything more current as far as tools.

According to one of the biggest developers that I've traded emails with AA doesn't want to canibalize their ACUQA sales, I don't get that, but it is what it is. I can take my money elsewhere.

The TimP J tape, the new Alex B tube consoles, and all of the Neve/SSL/Api stuff I upgraded to the latest sampling has been stellar! Though I'm finding that with my music adding tape really takes away from things. It does add a certain omph but it isn't correct on every channel like a console/tape workflow.

The SSL9K is super smooth and really adds an awesome depth.

used to do the Neve on the way in and SSL at the end like a typical rock/pop session. Though find the AlexB tube console, eQ, and his updated preamp suite is first in line prior to hitting any mix effects.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #12487
Gear Maniac
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupwise ➡️
yes

the emails go out to the addresses attached to the paypal account used
My Paypal email and account email for your site are the same, I've never received any emails about updates (checked spam for this one and not there). Is there a way to sign up to your email list manually? I'd like to be kept up to date if possible without having to check here and maybe miss your post. Thanks.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #12488
Lives for gear
 
Will The Weirdo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_martin ➡️
After weeks of frustration I finally got N4 to work, it was by far the most convoluted process I've ever had to go through for a $350 program.

The migration from N3 to N4 was a bloody nightmare. Still feels likes its still stuck in the N2/N3 days and is kind of the red headed stepchild of AA's lineup.

So disappointed that I can't be bothered to get on board the ACQUA line. They promised chain-able Eqs and a bunch of other things, took the cash and focused on the newer product lines.

Still feel burned but I 100% support 3rd party devs. In fact I've spent over $500 on new libraries in the last few weeks brining everything more current as far as tools.

According to one of the biggest developers that I've traded emails with AA doesn't want to canibalize their ACUQA sales, I don't get that, but it is what it is. I can take my money elsewhere.

The TimP J tape, the new Alex B tube consoles, and all of the Neve/SSL/Api stuff I upgraded to the latest sampling has been stellar! Though I'm finding that with my music adding tape really takes away from things. It does add a certain omph but it isn't correct on every channel like a console/tape workflow.

The SSL9K is super smooth and really adds an awesome depth.

used to do the Neve on the way in and SSL at the end like a typical rock/pop session. Though find the AlexB tube console, eQ, and his updated preamp suite is first in line prior to hitting any mix effects.
Watch out, around here these days true constructive criticism of AA will get you flamed, lol. AA is no longer the company we old time Nebula fans remember, but it is what it is. They are a successful company today so the tech is still around for us all to enjoy.

Good part is Nebula is superior sounding to the Acqua's for most things in common and Tim P, Cupwise, and Alex B have really made ITB tools that shine today. The new Nebula skins that allow for quick program library switching is a must!

Enjoy Nebula in 2021.

Last edited by Will The Weirdo; 4 weeks ago at 06:07 AM..
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #12489
Lives for gear
 
Cupwise's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean8877 ➡️
My Paypal email and account email for your site are the same, I've never received any emails about updates (checked spam for this one and not there). Is there a way to sign up to your email list manually? I'd like to be kept up to date if possible without having to check here and maybe miss your post. Thanks.
could you email me this question so i can see who you are?
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #12490
Lives for gear
 
JoeyM's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 0dfcc1b ➡️
After weeks of frustration I finally got N4 to work, it was by far the most convoluted process I've ever had to go through for a $350 program.

The migration from N3 to N4 was a bloody nightmare. Still feels likes its still stuck in the N2/N3 days and is kind of the red headed stepchild of AA's lineup.

So disappointed that I can't be bothered to get on board the ACQUA line. They promised chain-able Eqs and a bunch of other things, took the cash and focused on the newer product lines.

Still feel burned but I 100% support 3rd party devs. In fact I've spent over $500 on new libraries in the last few weeks brining everything more current as far as tools.

According to one of the biggest developers that I've traded emails with AA doesn't want to canibalize their ACUQA sales, I don't get that, but it is what it is. I can take my money elsewhere.

The TimP J tape, the new Alex B tube consoles, and all of the Neve/SSL/Api stuff I upgraded to the latest sampling has been stellar! Though I'm finding that with my music adding tape really takes away from things. It does add a certain omph but it isn't correct on every channel like a console/tape workflow.

The SSL9K is super smooth and really adds an awesome depth.

used to do the Neve on the way in and SSL at the end like a typical rock/pop session. Though find the AlexB tube console, eQ, and his updated preamp suite is first in line prior to hitting any mix effects.
Well congratulations for getting it up and running! Eight years ago my health went bad and my only real concern was, how am I going to make sure I don't lose Nebula/Acqua? I had Nebula 3 on five Win/OSX machines and managed to keep three of them alive until the unlikely yet glorious day Nebula 4 and WW and others mentioning TimP's OPTO 32 and U76 V3 .
None of the 3rd-party devs (I'm agonizing if it's more properly called 2nd-party?) lack beer in their fridge as long as I've been back . I can't rave enough about the items scored from Tim C either.

I'll consider myself to have built a seriously impactful project studio that I'm proud of, once I get Brighton and AlexB's MFC. The latter I've wanted since the day the demo flew. The soundstage seems enormous to me.

OT: I just noticed Doc Fear from Analog In The Box; I have some pieces of that from my testing daze; that's a mighty great EQ and I've used my limited one for years (guests love to hear the sweeps!). If ceejay skins that I'll definitely buy DF.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #12491
Gear Maniac
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupwise ➡️
could you email me this question so i can see who you are?
I just sent a message using the contact form on your site (I didn't see any specific email address mentioned). Thanks for any help getting my email address added to the update distribution list.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #12492
Lives for gear
 
Cupwise's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean8877 ➡️
I just sent a message using the contact form on your site (I didn't see any specific email address mentioned). Thanks for any help getting my email address added to the update distribution list.
i just replied, i had sent the email on the 7th to the same address you contacted me with
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #12493
Gear Maniac
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupwise ➡️
i just replied, i had sent the email on the 7th to the same address you contacted me with
I searched the inbox as well as spam folder and nothing from you on 4/7. I also didn't get your reply back from today. So not sure what to do, can I give you an alternate email to add to your list for updates? I do receive the purchase emails when I make a purchase though, so not sure why everything else from your site doesn't seem to be getting through.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #12494
Lives for gear
 
Cupwise's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean8877 ➡️
I searched the inbox as well as spam folder and nothing from you on 4/7. I also didn't get your reply back from today. So not sure what to do, can I give you an alternate email to add to your list for updates? I do receive the purchase emails when I make a purchase though, so not sure why everything else from your site doesn't seem to be getting through.
i didn't use my site i just replied to you by regular email. apparently your email server is for some reason blocking my emails. but i'm definitely sending them.

the other problem (and this includes Will), is that the emails i send out for updates are to the emails i get from paypal whenever there's a sale. will has emailed me in the past and told me that he doesn't use that email address, so he never sees the update emails. he gave me a different email address and i added that one to all of my organized sales lists (where i keep track of who bought what), so that he would get the updates.

but will, the thing is, that only applied to the things you had already purchased. when you bought ax102 i had no way of knowing you had. i don't sit around actively watching the sales and memorizing which email belongs to who, to know that you bought something else so i can add your other email to the list. i know it's really easy to just assume that 'well you should have a better system that just does all these things for you automatically', but no. i'm not a computer programmer who has any idea how to set up some kind of script... or whatever it would take, so that any time you buy something, my 'system' automatically puts your other email address with the record. i'm using emails i get from paypal as a sales record. my 'system' is me taking those sales records and placing them in folders for each product they represent.

so sean, yes you can and should email me with an alternate email address because apparently there's some reason your email server is rejecting my emails, or something like that must be happening. or if you have an account at my site and were logged in when you bought ax102, you can just log in and download it that way. and for both of you, if you want to be sure that the proper email address is added to any sales record, i guess you'll have to email me and request that, after buying anything, from now on.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #12495
Lives for gear
 
Will The Weirdo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupwise ➡️
but will, the thing is, that only applied to the things you had already purchased.
It's ok Tim, now I know I can just go to my account and download the latest update... that's just so much simpler. I do appreciate your explanation, I had always just assumed your site would tell you who has what library in their account, and updates would be sent out based on the accounts email.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #12496
Lives for gear
 
Cupwise's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo ➡️
It's ok Tim, now I know I can just go to my account and download the latest update... that's just so much simpler. I do appreciate your explanation, I had always just assumed your site would tell you who has what library in their account, and updates would be sent out based on the accounts email.
actually, i think if i go to my site and click on users, it won't even tell me what all they've bought. i CAN click on orders, and it will show me the email attached to each order. there probably is some kind of plugin i can get for my site (it's wordpress) that would help me keep some kind of better track of this, but the problem is kind of complicated.

years back i spent hours, and i probably spent hours on multiple separate times, just trying to find some kind of program that would even just allow me to send out mass emails, for the updates. the only thing i could find that looked remotely good was something you have to pay a monthly subscription fee for which seems crazy to me.

so, even if my site kept track of who all bought what (it does, but i mean in a better way, presenting me their emails), i'd also need some way to be able to use that to generate all the emails to everyone. and there may very well be some plugin or plugins that would help with that, but they'd probably cost money, there almost always is some kind of 'catch' where i'd probably still need to do something weird to get around one thing it didn't take care of, or more things, and also those plugins would then need to be constantly updated. also some of them just get discontinued and then you have something you paid for that doesn't work anymore.

it's all just a huge pain in the ass. and i guess it's entirely possible that there's some cheap solution that does *everything*, but i'm really doubting it, and even then there'd probably still be some people who didn't get the emails for some other entirely different reason.

so i just settled on doing it the way i've been doing it. which is actually still kind of a pain in the ass, because i'm relying on out of date plugins for thunderbird, which means i have to roll back to one version to slurp all the email addresses out of the product folder, then roll to another one for the plugin that mass sends them. heh, there's gotta be a better way but i'm just fed up trying to find it..
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #12497
Gear Maniac
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupwise ➡️
i didn't use my site i just replied to you by regular email. apparently your email server is for some reason blocking my emails. but i'm definitely sending them.

the other problem (and this includes Will), is that the emails i send out for updates are to the emails i get from paypal whenever there's a sale. will has emailed me in the past and told me that he doesn't use that email address, so he never sees the update emails. he gave me a different email address and i added that one to all of my organized sales lists (where i keep track of who bought what), so that he would get the updates.

but will, the thing is, that only applied to the things you had already purchased. when you bought ax102 i had no way of knowing you had. i don't sit around actively watching the sales and memorizing which email belongs to who, to know that you bought something else so i can add your other email to the list. i know it's really easy to just assume that 'well you should have a better system that just does all these things for you automatically', but no. i'm not a computer programmer who has any idea how to set up some kind of script... or whatever it would take, so that any time you buy something, my 'system' automatically puts your other email address with the record. i'm using emails i get from paypal as a sales record. my 'system' is me taking those sales records and placing them in folders for each product they represent.

so sean, yes you can and should email me with an alternate email address because apparently there's some reason your email server is rejecting my emails, or something like that must be happening. or if you have an account at my site and were logged in when you bought ax102, you can just log in and download it that way. and for both of you, if you want to be sure that the proper email address is added to any sales record, i guess you'll have to email me and request that, after buying anything, from now on.
Thanks Tim, I'll try sending you an alternate email address.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #12498
Lives for gear
 
Beatworld's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Over in the Verona thread London Acoustics are referring to an N4 version R033 - 8 April 2021.
Here in Mac land I'm running N4 version R031 - 14 October 2020.
In Aquarius there is no sign of any update for N4.

What's the story with R033 - 8 April 2021 please?
is it just a Windows/VST update ?
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #12499
Lives for gear
 
JoeyM's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Has anyone tried making underwater programs? That would be weird if there was a different sounding reverb due to the reflections arriving quicker in water than air? There was famous home project library when I was a kid that described building underwater speakers for your pool. It's supposed to sound great and loud when you're underwater and you wouldn't hear anything out of the water.
Maybe call them acqua programs aha hahaha

* searching for "underwater speakers" has interesting results, try it.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #12500
Lives for gear
 
Cupwise's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM ➡️
Has anyone tried making underwater programs? That would be weird if there was a different sounding reverb due to the reflections arriving quicker in water than air? There was famous home project library when I was a kid that described building underwater speakers for your pool. It's supposed to sound great and loud when you're underwater and you wouldn't hear anything out of the water.
Maybe call them acqua programs aha hahaha

* searching for "underwater speakers" has interesting results, try it.
i was thinking about this a lot a few years back! i was looking into hydrophones and the underwater speakers which seem to usually require special amps. i did a little research and if i recall, i think sound goes something like 4x faster underwater.

i was thinking about trying to capture the reverb of stuff like ponds, swimming pools, and then maybe traveling to a few bigger bodies of water. but if sound goes 4x faster i think you could assume that a body of water would sound something like 4x smaller than it is. so a pond would probably sound pretty wimpy. also the dirt floor of a pond.. would that absorb a lot of the waves? so yeah it seemed like you'd need way bigger bodies, and at that point i think you'd get more and more of a problem with background noises.

the other thing is that the hydrophones and the underwater speakers have far from flat frequency responses. i think one of the two cut off frequencies above somewhere around mid-range, typically. or maybe it was below! either way, it seemed like the main thing you'd be capturing is the sound of the gear involved. it'd also be a huge pain in the ass because you'd have to lug all this (very expensive) stuff everywhere, and if you're trying to do outside bodies of water, you'd need some kind of remote power supply to power everything.

i also had this idea to get a nice set of mics and travel around a bit trying to sample some nice acoustic spaces like big churches, theaters, or really any interesting space i could possibly get into. maybe doing a little road trip kinda thing out of it. but the echo chamber releases i put out were kind of a 'test' to see how well some real spaces might do, and it wasn't well enough to be encouraging to do something like that. it'd be a pretty monumental task just emailing all of these places and setting up dates for the few that replied positively. and i knew the coolest places would say no. no way are any of the people in control of the caves around here going to let me in there making weird noises all day (cave reverb prob isn't too useful anyway)!
Old 4 weeks ago
  #12501
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
sonar seems to have accurate distance measuring in water.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #12502
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 10 years


I thought this felt appropriate for the current discussion although not exactly underwater. I believe this was recorded by Phill Brown. They floated speakers out on a lake and placed mics back on the shore. Magical stuff.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #12503
Lives for gear
 
ceejay's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
AlexB - S432 GE / azzimov skin



The ITI Audio (Sontec) MES-432C, Iconic Mastering Equalizer.

The Holy Grail of equalizers fully expresses sweetness and musicality. It's not colored or necessarily “warm”, but it is subtle, focused, detailed, fast, immediate, and extremely natural. The more you listen to it, you begin to notice a little something “special” imparted across the audio signal. Simply Beautiful!

Half a dB or so at 50Hz adds weight without artifacts; one dB at 16 or 25kHz brings out the tops without any harshness at all. In fact, the unit’s top end is very special. Even large boosts in the top end still sound ultra sweet with no compromises. On rock and acoustic projects, the precise mid bands sound focused and the imaging is ultra-clean. Transients are retained nicely with a minimal phase shift. Although subtle, this is a stellar-sounding box with precise controls and layout.

This device is a legendary part of audio processing/mastering history, the creation of Mr.Burgess Macneal back in 1972. Manufactured as a tool to assist ‘cutting engineers’, the stepped ITI provided uncompromised and recallable precision EQ, which set a precedent for all future parametric Mastering EQ designs. It’s not surprising to note that most of the control characteristics of the MES-430 were optimized based on the experiences of Sontec/ITI’s own in-house cutting engineers at the time, and these remain unchanged to this day.

Alessandro Boschi (AlexB) is a well-known hardware engineer, who not just sampled the unit, but totally refurbished restoring it to its original and beautiful sound, along with two mods done at request by the owner to make it more suitable for Mastering. The original Gain step has been changed from +/-12dB to +/-6dB and an additional High Shelf Filter at the Air Frequency of 16kHz has been added. Also, it was interpolated during sampling, so no stepped values, now you can smoothly adjust all the controls.



By using this skin, you'll be able to:
  • Switch EQ bands maintaining GAIN + Q settings
  • Flip 1K-lite / 5K-full maintaining all settings
  • Switch 10k / 16k shelves maintaining EQ settings
  • Enjoy eye-candy look similar to real hardware
* The library itself available for purchase here.

SKIN DOWNLOAD: https://www.patreon.com/posts/50140960

SKIN AVAILABLE FOR PATRONS ONLY, UNTIL MAY 15, 2021
ACCESS FOR NON-PATRONS FROM MAY 15, 2021
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #12504
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejay ➡️


The ITI Audio (Sontec) MES-432C, Iconic Mastering Equalizer.

The Holy Grail of equalizers fully expresses sweetness and musicality. It's not colored or necessarily “warm”, but it is subtle, focused, detailed, fast, immediate, and extremely natural. The more you listen to it, you begin to notice a little something “special” imparted across the audio signal. Simply Beautiful!

Half a dB or so at 50Hz adds weight without artifacts; one dB at 16 or 25kHz brings out the tops without any harshness at all. In fact, the unit’s top end is very special. Even large boosts in the top end still sound ultra sweet with no compromises. On rock and acoustic projects, the precise mid bands sound focused and the imaging is ultra-clean. Transients are retained nicely with a minimal phase shift. Although subtle, this is a stellar-sounding box with precise controls and layout.

This device is a legendary part of audio processing/mastering history, the creation of Mr.Burgess Macneal back in 1972. Manufactured as a tool to assist ‘cutting engineers’, the stepped ITI provided uncompromised and recallable precision EQ, which set a precedent for all future parametric Mastering EQ designs. It’s not surprising to note that most of the control characteristics of the MES-430 were optimized based on the experiences of Sontec/ITI’s own in-house cutting engineers at the time, and these remain unchanged to this day.

Alessandro Boschi (AlexB) is a well-known hardware engineer, who not just sampled the unit, but totally refurbished restoring it to its original and beautiful sound, along with two mods done at request by the owner to make it more suitable for Mastering. The original Gain step has been changed from +/-12dB to +/-6dB and an additional High Shelf Filter at the Air Frequency of 16kHz has been added. Also, it was interpolated during sampling, so no stepped values, now you can smoothly adjust all the controls.



By using this skin, you'll be able to:
  • Switch EQ bands maintaining GAIN + Q settings
  • Flip 1K-lite / 5K-full maintaining all settings
  • Switch 10k / 16k shelves maintaining EQ settings
  • Enjoy eye-candy look similar to real hardware
* The library itself available for purchase here.

SKIN DOWNLOAD: https://www.patreon.com/posts/50140960

SKIN AVAILABLE FOR PATRONS ONLY, UNTIL MAY 15, 2021
ACCESS FOR NON-PATRONS FROM MAY 15, 2021
This is a thing of beauty, Max! Thanks!
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #12505
Gear Head
 
Frellin' Smesh's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejay ➡️


The ITI Audio (Sontec) MES-432C, Iconic Mastering Equalizer.

The Holy Grail of equalizers fully expresses sweetness and musicality. It's not colored or necessarily “warm”, but it is subtle, focused, detailed, fast, immediate, and extremely natural. The more you listen to it, you begin to notice a little something “special” imparted across the audio signal. Simply Beautiful!

Half a dB or so at 50Hz adds weight without artifacts; one dB at 16 or 25kHz brings out the tops without any harshness at all. In fact, the unit’s top end is very special. Even large boosts in the top end still sound ultra sweet with no compromises. On rock and acoustic projects, the precise mid bands sound focused and the imaging is ultra-clean. Transients are retained nicely with a minimal phase shift. Although subtle, this is a stellar-sounding box with precise controls and layout.

This device is a legendary part of audio processing/mastering history, the creation of Mr.Burgess Macneal back in 1972. Manufactured as a tool to assist ‘cutting engineers’, the stepped ITI provided uncompromised and recallable precision EQ, which set a precedent for all future parametric Mastering EQ designs. It’s not surprising to note that most of the control characteristics of the MES-430 were optimized based on the experiences of Sontec/ITI’s own in-house cutting engineers at the time, and these remain unchanged to this day.

Alessandro Boschi (AlexB) is a well-known hardware engineer, who not just sampled the unit, but totally refurbished restoring it to its original and beautiful sound, along with two mods done at request by the owner to make it more suitable for Mastering. The original Gain step has been changed from +/-12dB to +/-6dB and an additional High Shelf Filter at the Air Frequency of 16kHz has been added. Also, it was interpolated during sampling, so no stepped values, now you can smoothly adjust all the controls.



By using this skin, you'll be able to:
  • Switch EQ bands maintaining GAIN + Q settings
  • Flip 1K-lite / 5K-full maintaining all settings
  • Switch 10k / 16k shelves maintaining EQ settings
  • Enjoy eye-candy look similar to real hardware
* The library itself available for purchase here.

SKIN DOWNLOAD: https://www.patreon.com/posts/50140960

SKIN AVAILABLE FOR PATRONS ONLY, UNTIL MAY 15, 2021
ACCESS FOR NON-PATRONS FROM MAY 15, 2021


Max, your skins are phenomenal and visually reflect the beauty of the hardware!

This new S432-GE is fantastic.

Being able to adjust everything on *ONE GUI* is so much better than other skins I've had to use up until now.

It has been so awkward to use AlexB console libraries when there are (sometimes) 10 - 15 GUIs for every setting, and having an 'over-populated' plugin list with so many versions of the SAME plugin.

Somehow, you manged to consolidate all of these console channels into a single, and always BEAUTIFUL GUI for a streamlined workflow!

Your SSL & Neve Console skins are a work of art, and I'm hoping you do the same with the new 'AlexB MTC G.E. Console' (and possibly the 'AlexB API Console'?).

Guys, I encourage you all to stick with CeeJay/Azzimov Skins, as they speed up the Nebula workflow exponentially.

Hopefully soon, I will be free to ONLY use your *console* skins for my Nebula Libraries.......

MAX YOU ARE A GENIUS MAN!!
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #12506
Lives for gear
 
patrick81's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frellin' Smesh ➡️
Max, your skins are phenomenal and visually reflect the beauty of the hardware!

This new S432-GE is fantastic.

Being able to adjust everything on *ONE GUI* is so much better than other skins I've had to use up until now.

It has been so awkward to use AlexB console libraries when there are (sometimes) 10 - 15 GUIs for every setting, and having an 'over-populated' plugin list with so many versions of the SAME plugin.

Somehow, you manged to consolidate all of these console channels into a single, and always BEAUTIFUL GUI for a streamlined workflow!

Your SSL & Neve Console skins are a work of art, and I'm hoping you do the same with the new 'AlexB MTC G.E. Console' (and possibly the 'AlexB API Console'?).

Guys, I encourage you all to stick with CeeJay/Azzimov Skins, as they speed up the Nebula workflow exponentially.

Hopefully soon, I will be free to ONLY use your *console* skins for my Nebula Libraries.......

MAX YOU ARE A GENIUS MAN!!
True! just bought the S432 just to use that new skin! will master all my feature projects with it! I also use for now a real GML 8200. but Sontec is a legend
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #12507
Lives for gear
 
ceejay's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagz ➡️
This is a thing of beauty, Max! Thanks!
Thank you! I was aimed to reflect the sound of this lib in its skin look)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frellin' Smesh ➡️
Max, your skins are phenomenal and visually reflect the beauty of the hardware!
This new S432-GE is fantastic. Your SSL & Neve Console skins are a work of art, and I'm hoping you do the same with the new 'AlexB MTC G.E. Console' (and possibly the 'AlexB API Console'?).

Guys, I encourage you all to stick with CeeJay/Azzimov Skins, as they speed up the Nebula workflow exponentially.
Thanks for your recommendations and words of encouragement!
I'm planning and designing a layout for my skins as a regular Nebula user, to make it easy to handle in a rush of mixing/mastering, avoid any frustration, and fully concentrate on the streamlined workflow. I'm happy you got the point and appreciate the ease of use.

As for the other AlexB consoles, i hope to reach 'em as well. Hopefully, Patreon users will vote for them in upcoming polls! There is so many great libs Alex provides, especially the Golden Editions! We'll move and reach all great libs one by one (i really hope so!)
BTW i'll consider including MTC GE to the upcoming voting list. As for Alex's API console, i hope Alex planning to update it to GE soon (as well as his SSL concoles), this definitely will make people vote for it much higher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick81 ➡️
True! just bought the S432 just to use that new skin! will master all my feature projects with it! I also use for now a real GML 8200. but Sontec is a legend
Congratulations on the purchase. This lib is one of the Nebula must-haves (and best 432 itb imo). You won't regret it!
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #12508
Gear Addict
 
🎧 5 years
^ I'm eagerly awaiting an API GE update. Alex, if you're reading this, please consider it for the next overhaul.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #12509
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
He shouldn't require silver customers to request a discount, however. That was not a good move.
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #12510
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonym Music ➡️
He shouldn't require silver customers to request a discount, however. That was not a good move.
He's a One Man operation.

I would rather he spend time developing Libraries ... rather than working on an automated Website that does all calculations.
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 28278 views: 2979254
Avatar for tcc
tcc 5 hours ago
replies: 916 views: 129028
Avatar for The Noodlist
The Noodlist 8th February 2021
replies: 447 views: 46481
Avatar for fede123
fede123 29th December 2020
replies: 67 views: 6424
Avatar for DanielRicciardo
DanielRicciardo 1 day ago
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump