Quote:
Originally Posted by Miltikit ➡️
dudes are sleep on vocalign
What language is that? lol

TH
Old 4th May 2017
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Free Plugin Giveaway! Get pumped because Continuum has teamed up with Audified to hook one lucky random winner up with a copy of their vintage Fairchild/u73b compressor and vintage u78 saturator plugins!

For more info on the plugins, see videos of the plugins in action, and get the details on how to enter to win check out the details! Good luck everyone!

https://www.continuummusicstudio.com...away-audified/
Old 4th May 2017
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Currently:

EQ:
1) Waves VEQ3/4
2) Waves API 550/560
3) PTEq-X (Pultec emu. Free, and the best one to me.)
4) TDR Slick EQ

Comps:

5) Rcomp
6) CLA76
7) CLA2A
8) Waves API 2500

FX:

9) Logic Space Designer
10) SoundToys Microshift
11) Waves Aphex Exciter
12) Waves H-Delay

These are currently the plugs that my template always has.
Old 30th April 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
1. DMG equality
2. Crave Eq
3. TDR Nova
4. ReaInsert
5. Voxengo elephant
6. Unisum
7. MDE Stereo
8. My own version of “k-stereo” with a bit more flexibility
9. Magpha EQ
10. TDR Slick Eq m
11. Tone generator
12. Erin Eq

Edit: necrobump
Old 2nd May 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Vocals:
AngelicVibes NEO (wets the signal to make it sound more immersed in the mix)

Waves Manny Mannoquin TripleD Stereo (if your vocals are too brash and too in your face, this eradicates the problem like whoa)

Baby Audio Spaced Out (nice throws (delay echos) and regular echos)

D16 Tekturon (delays & delay echos)

Vahalla Supermassive | Stutter Edit | (background choir VSTfx's)

Weiss:

DS1 (track bus)
DS1-MK3 (master bus right after the two Drawmer '73 plugins)
EQ1 (master bus)

Drawmer 1973 and S73 (master bus compression)

Softube Analog Harmonics Saturator & Tape (master bus)
DMG Limitless (master bus)

Waves X-Noise (track and master buses)

Klanghelm Dc8c (track bus compression)

Izotope:
Neutron Gate
Ozone 8/9 Dynamics (lift the highend 2-3 dbs for clarity perfection)
RX 8 Advanced Audio Editor
Stutter Edit 2.0 (greatly improved version over 1.0)

Submission Audio Flatline (as Mastering Maximiser)

Then push sound out of my sound card gear to ADC (analog to digital converter via fiber optic light rays)-----> DAC (digital analog converter) ----> Mackie Pro12V3 USB 24/192kHz Mixer ---> ASIO driven Record into Izotope RX 8 Advanced Audio Editor and "erase the naughty bits" like the late Prince via its in-house modules like De-Click, De-Hum, Spectral De-Noise, etc.
VOILA: Analog saturated studio sound in 0s and 1s with crests and troughs per wave in high frequency cycle. lololol

Last edited by E-Irizarry; 2nd May 2021 at 10:32 AM..
Old 20th May 2022 | Show parent
vss
Here for the gear

The topic is senseless. No scientific grounds behind the choices. Just I like this or that. No wonder sound quality is low vs 80 and 90s
Old 20th May 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by vss ➡️
The topic is senseless. No scientific grounds behind the choices. Just I like this or that. No wonder sound quality is low vs 80 and 90s
Senseless seems a bit uncharitable and while I agree that people should post more info as to how, where and when they use their tools (a tool recommendation should come with information) that point of the thread, at least to me, is to maybe present the community with new tools that not everyone may be familiar with or haven't revisited in some time.

Context is key so in the interest of giving some I started to check what has become integral to my workflow. Not a latest and greatest kind of thing but more like this is the way I work and would really rather not do without these things.

SLATE VSX- I got rid of my Focal Twins and sub because of this and now translation is never an issue

Slate Drum Gate- gets me exactly what I want, when I want with a minimum of fuss. I've used (and/or own) pretty much every other gate out there and this one's effectiveness and ease of use have kept it as my go to for quite some time.

Leapwing Al Schmitt channel- I usually don't like signature channel strips. There is however the occasional artist endorsed product that I think is great, like Acustica's Greg Wells El Rey compressor or this one.
The Schmitt is a bettermaker type of tool. It does transparent without being boring or characterless. Everything you do with this sounds like the source came that way which in turn makes it a fantastic prep tool. It also has gorgeous sounding reverbs.

Pulsar Modular P42 - And speaking of prep tools this is something else that gets used every session. It adds real depth, excellent filters and saturation that has a wide range of textures with a negligible CPU hit. Works wonders on busses, effect returns but can be used pretty much anywhere with consistently excellent results. I almost forgot, as far as I know this has the only implementation of oversampling that I've used to date where they all sound different by design so it also has tonal options that are not available anywhere else.

Acustica Fire Series- Both the filters and Tilt EQ are excellent tone shapers with very useful curves. Even though they are not heavy on the MOJO side of things they definitely add their own thing to the source and like everything else on my list it plays extremely well with others. The Clipper is nuts and can be used on pretty much any source to provide control, punch and size to just about anything. This one literally replaced every limiter in my toolkit for 90% of things. The Oversampling options also provide different sounds that are very useful.

Acustica Silver- I've owned a lot of what they are currently modeling and that instant familiarity is a welcome thing. Their Lexicon verbs are spot on and always sit beautifully in a mix. There are times however where they sound too big (even with really small release), especially when there is a lot going on and just lately I discovered...

Tukan Lexikan reverbs- Downside? They are Reaper only. The upside is that while in isolation they sound good in context they sound excellent., They can sit right in the middle of a super dense mix and take up only the space you need them to. Extra bonus, they are free!

Softube Weiss DeEsser- Simply the best out there

UAD Ampex and Studer- Studer on channels and Ampex on master, nuff said.

The tools around these vary from project to project but these see use in every session.

Sorry guys I don't have 12

(edit- well if you count everything I mentioned while grouping together there are 12 )

Last edited by dasoundjunkie; 20th May 2022 at 10:51 PM..
Old 21st May 2022 | Show parent
vss
Here for the gear

when grounding someone theoretically can point out his mistakes, otherwise sounds like marketing. As for all emulation it's dead end and self deceipt.. equing and phase cancellations just overwhelm those hard to hear differences between reverbs, sats etc... there are no magic wands, you just lose time, in fact i use all issued before 2001 because it was better except reverbs: vss3... like was said by many digital lacks highs. Adding mud by emulation makes things worse. I guess all newcomers go through this period of testing marketeered magic wands. Just the truth is a pro will do better mix by primitive free plugs than a nonpro by most expensive and overfeatured products
Old 27th May 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miltikit ➡️
dudes are sleep on vocalign
I just did a promotional video for them and I’m pretty sure I was awake.
iFi audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto Alvarez ➡️
Currently:

EQ:
1) Waves VEQ3/4
2) Waves API 550/560
3) PTEq-X (Pultec emu. Free, and the best one to me.)
4) TDR Slick EQ

Comps:

5) Rcomp
6) CLA76
7) CLA2A
8) Waves API 2500

FX:

9) Logic Space Designer
10) SoundToys Microshift
11) Waves Aphex Exciter
12) Waves H-Delay

These are currently the plugs that my template always has.
How do you like to use the Waves API 2500? I am curious as I always A-B it on my drum bus but know there has to be good other applications of it. Space Designer is a good reverb. Though I'm partial to Silververb myself, Space Designer gives you so much control.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
I posted back in 2007 and man has my list changed. Waves Rcomp & Rvox, Oxford EQ & Comp, and SoundToys Echoboy still get used quite a bit. It goes to show their quality, having withstood the test of time.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Lightbulb

""

Last edited by E-Irizarry; 4 weeks ago at 08:23 AM.. Reason: (please discard) ISO graphics not rendered properly in HTML POST
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fak ➡️
I posted back in 2007 and man has my list changed. Waves Rcomp & Rvox, Oxford EQ & Comp, and SoundToys Echoboy still get used quite a bit. It goes to show their quality, having withstood the test of time.
RBass is frggin' amazin'.
Since it's sole top 12 plugins used for mastering, I don't like to throw it on the master bus. But for mixing on the 2-bus, RBass is within top 12 bae all day all night.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Lightbulb

1. Pancz (Oversampled) 🇵🇱 (although registered in 🇺🇸)
  2. Blyss (House of KUSH Audio) 🇺🇸
  3. Elixir (Zero-artifact gain staging RMS augmentation | FLUX Home) 🇫🇷
  4. smart:limit (Sonible) 🇦🇹
  5. Gullfoss (SoundTheory) 🇬🇧
  6. Unisum (Tone Projects) 🇩🇰
  7. Drawmer 1973 (Softube) 🇸🇪
  8. DS1-MK3 (Softube) 🇸🇪
  9. Kirchhoff EQ (Three Body Tech) 🇨🇳
  10. DynOne v3 (LeapWing Audio) {Master-Analog sound filter emulation} 🇧🇪
  11. SweetPressor (gbSound) 🇪🇸
  12. Izotope 7/8/9 Dynamics (Izotope) | DeClip |DeCrackle | Spectral DeNoiser 🇺🇸
  13. B-O-N-U-S: P42 Climax (Pulsar Modular) 🇹🇷
  14. B-O-N-U-S: Clarity VX/Pro (Waves) | X-Noise Stereo 🇮🇱/(although manufactured and registered in 🇺🇸 nowadays)
  15. B-O-N-U-S: Flatline (Submission Audio) 🇦🇺
Old 2 days ago | Show parent
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Irizarry ➡️
Blyss (House of KUSH Audio)
smart:limit (Sonible)
B-O-N-U-S: Clarity VX/Pro (Waves) | X-Noise Stereo /(although manufactured and registered in nowadays)
I'm one of those noobs who tiptoes around Waves simply because of the bad press in recent years, but I've heard very good things about the Clarity, and was led to this thread while searching for a reason to get Vocal Rider. I'm tempted to just buy R-Vox and call it a day, though.

Mr. UBK has some clever stuff... Blyss was just excellent, but my fave from him is the Clairphonic. It has the magics.

Ohhh... Dude. That smart:limit is ****ing BRILLIANT, is it not? I tried out the EQ and the limiter, and while they're both great, that limiter is something really special. Those guys are onto something, the way they seem to find features that no one else has even tried but everyone needs... Without ever having known they need them.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Clarity Pro
Weiss Eq
Weiss Compressor
Auto tune
Neutron 4
Waves F6
Fab L2
Waves Abbey RD plates
Pro Audio DSM v3
Shadow hills
Trans x
Cla effects
Old 2 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gruv ➡️
Clarity Pro
Weiss Eq
Weiss Compressor
Auto tune
Neutron 4
Waves F6
Fab L2
Waves Abbey RD plates
Pro Audio DSM v3
Shadow hills
Trans x
Cla effects
Solid list and well thought out. I see no holes or tasks this toolkit couldn’t address.
Old 2 days ago
Here for the gear

I'm very basic:
- Analog Lab V basic starter plugs
- Dexed
- Saurus 3
Old 19 hours ago
Gear Head
1. Fabfilter Pro Q 3 - surgical duties, general EQ, MS filtering, EQ matching, side chaining… the Swiss army knife!

2. SSL Native Channel Strip - used for most channels, gets a track up and running quick. Great EQ, great gate, great workflow.

3. SSL Native Bus Compressor - first slot on the 2 bus. Usually the first plugin I open for a new session. Also useful for sidechain compression, guitars, bass etc.

4. UAD Pultec - number two on the 2 bus, for the usual reasons. Also great for acoustic, electrics, anything that needs that smiley face curve.

5. bx masterdesk - number three on the 2 bus. Intuitive and sounds great. Powerful plugin that I don’t go too deep with, but does resonance filtering and limiting well.

6. UAD 1176 - love it for all things. Vocals, guitars, keyboards. Simple to dial in and sounds great.

7. UAD LA-2A - like the 1176, just works. Vocals, guitars, bass, a staple tool.

8. Valhalla VintageVerb - my first choice for reverb for anything that’s not vocals. Versatile and deep, but simple to get a good sound.

9. SSL X Saturator - I love this guy. Bass, guitars, keys, vocals, it adds a subtle coloring (and can do more if needed) that really makes things gel in a track. I highly recommend it!

10. SoundToys Echoboy - first choice for delay. Incredibly versatile and and has a huge range of sounds.

11. SSL FlexVerb - this often will get used for vocals and snare. Can do subtle but important depth creation very, very well.

12. Logic Limiter - necessary for taming peaks. I’m sure I could use a sexier plugin for this, but it works.
Old 19 hours ago
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Top 12....hmm...that's quite a lot...

La2a
EMT 140
Sweet Tone EQ
Pultec
Harrison 32C
Cooper Time Cube
Capitol Chambers