The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Drumagog 5 - October 1 release
Old 15th November 2010 | Show parent

🎧 10 years
By the way, pretty cool discussion on the phase alignment thing. I still don't get it, but maybe a little clearer now. Nice that D5 lets you select between transient and auto align. I might have to play with it and see if I can really tell a difference. I obviously don't have as critical of an ear as some of these folks on the thread. If I had a good ear, I would have recorded the drums good enough to begin with, and not needed Drumagog.
Old 15th November 2010 | Show parent

🎧 15 years
An iLok is not required to use Drumagog 5. You have the option of using either iLok or Challenge/Response.

The demo version doesn't need anything, it's just a 14-day trial of the full Platinum version.

Thanks,
Rim
Old 17th November 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
There is always someone who will say "well, product claims are just hype
from the people trying to sell the product".

No one forces you to buy anything. If you try out a product demo and don't
like it, then don't buy it. What I've never understood is the motive to
post that everyone else shouldn't buy it. It's some kind of weird revenge
mentality or...well I just don't get it.

I thought Drumagog 4 rocked. And D5 is significantly better. I think it's the
best drum replacer out there, and that field would include Slate.

The demo is available for free evaluation - don't take my word for it, or
the word of anyone who dislikes D5. Try it out yourself.
Old 18th November 2010 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Polich ➑️
There is always someone who will say "well, product claims are just hype
from the people trying to sell the product".

No one forces you to buy anything. If you try out a product demo and don't
like it, then don't buy it. What I've never understood is the motive to
post that everyone else shouldn't buy it. It's some kind of weird revenge
mentality or...well I just don't get it.

I thought Drumagog 4 rocked. And D5 is significantly better. I think it's the
best drum replacer out there, and that field would include Slate.

The demo is available for free evaluation - don't take my word for it, or
the word of anyone who dislikes D5. Try it out yourself.
I usually don't agree with no one.

but I can agree 100% this time. thumbsup (except that I still like Trigger better for the "non-dynamic" deathmetal kickdrum triggering.)
Old 25th November 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I have a Drumaog user since vs 1 I think ? great program , even though it may not align totally . The new interface of D5 is great very easy to go around in it , thank you for more visual room in the file section
Now saying that I just did my alignment test with it - I took a basic 4 on the floor kik that was a single sample itself and inserted D5 on it . I tried many methods of processing , like running it out manually and back in digitally , as well as plug in process within Cubase 5 to render it quickly. I tried the align 2.0 on and off , as well as adjusted the transient detail . Basically it hasnt lined up 100 % still , I think it is tighter than vs 4 . But this is the easiest test to do using a single sample with no velocity issues no complex pattern of playing and having it re triggered by another single sample . So I am at a loss in trying to make it trigger transient detail sample to sample .
Also my test project had only 3 trks in it as well as no other plugs .I know others have had it line up perfectly , and again I still think this is a great product as well as with the multiple room sample option plus other FX .

Any suggestions ?
Old 26th November 2010 | Show parent

🎧 15 years
Are you using Drumagog 5.02, the latest version? You can check the version number by clicking on Settings. The number is displayed on the bottom right. The first version 5.00 had some issues which have been fixed in later releases.

Rim
Old 28th November 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I'll check for that - thanks
Old 10th December 2010 | Show parent

🎧 10 years
Questions

Hi Rim.
I have not been able to find details about this in the manual and I am very new to drum replacement.
Questions:
I want to be able to use Addictive drums sounds and then be able to convert the sample I choose to MIDI so I can take advantage of velocities, timing, articulations,etc from Addictive Drums or Superior drummer sample libraries.
Can I convert to Midi like KtDrummerTrigger does?

Once I choose the sample I want either from drumagog, from my own collection of samples or from AD or DS libraries, do I have to bounce the track or should I leave Drumagog open the whole time??

Primarily all I want to do is convert my beatboxing to midi so I can replace using midi libraries.

Thanks a lot!!
Old 11th December 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Holy moly, I'm testing this tonight for the first time.

So insane. Just ridiculously easy to use, great timing and feel.

I'm also demoing the new McDSP stuff.

The world we live in is bonkers.

Just ridiculous.

- c
Old 11th December 2010 | Show parent
Deleted User
got the update, used it a few times , works great, real fun. Also happy I can have it on Ilok, which I prefer.
Great Plugin!
Old 13th December 2010 | Show parent

🎧 15 years
amoretam,

The easiest thing to do is use Drumagog's plugin hosting to host Addictive Drums or Superior within Drumagog. This way, when Drumagog detects a drum hit, it will play those plugins directly. No need for MIDI. Of course, if you prefer to use MIDI, Drumagog can also output MIDI.

Thanks,
Rim
Old 22nd December 2010 | Show parent

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Hello guys i have 2 questions:
Do we have a 64 Bit version?
how do you save the files? when i always save some file with a sample, it goes back to another sample, so when i open the session i have to open all the instances of drumagog and search again for the samples, thanks for your support
Old 24th December 2010 | Show parent

🎧 15 years
Drumagog 5 is fully 64-bit compatible. We're working on a native version as well. As far as your question about saving samples, which host are you using? Drumagog will save whichever sample you have loaded, but you have to save your session first. If you can give me a step by step example of what you mean, I can try to help.

Thanks,
Rim
Old 24th December 2010 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
I have tried using the trigger plug that comes with DP7. It is not, probably due to my inexperience, very precise. Is there any comparison with this plug to Drumagog?
Old 6th January 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 20 years
Just saw Silver Sonya raving about D5 and since he's pretty much always on the money in his recommendations thought I'd read up...

Quick question: What exactly is Auto-Align 2.0?

On your comparisons page I see that Auto-Align 2.0 is not in the Basic Edition but in Pro/Platinum versions and yet much of what I see being discussed in regards to D5's new triggering accuracy seems to be as a result of the new phase-alignment algorithm.

Does this mean that Pro/Platinums' unlucky little brother Basic is stuck back in poor ol' Auto-Align 1.0 land?

Thanks,

R.
Old 7th January 2011 | Show parent

🎧 15 years
With Auto Align turned off, Drumagog defaults to transient alignment, which is still very accurate (and much more accurate than Drumagog 4). We also offer a painless upgrade path at any future date, so if you feel you need some of the features in Platinum, for example, you just pay the difference.

Thanks,
Rim
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Hi Rim,

How efficient is D5 in comparison to D4? I remember D4 to be quite a CPU hog.

All the new features are exiting. But most of the time I just need a simple sample-accurate soundreplacer tool, that won't take up too much CPU.

Right now 8 instances of D4, is too much of a challenge for my Mac Pro 2.66 quad.

🎧 15 years
For simple drum replacing, D5 is about the same in terms of CPU usage as D4. Turning on some of the other features increases it. The best way to see how it works on your system is to download the demo. Every system is different, so it's hard to give exact numbers.

Thanks,
Rim
Old 28th September 2011 | Show parent

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveMachineLabs ➑️
With Auto Align turned off, Drumagog defaults to transient alignment, which is still very accurate (and much more accurate than Drumagog 4). We also offer a painless upgrade path at any future date, so if you feel you need some of the features in Platinum, for example, you just pay the difference.

Thanks,
Rim

This is really astonishing amazing how many times you have to repeat yourself on this! That being said....I was sweating for weeks(maybe even years over this), reading up on absolute polarity, phase alignment, blah, blah, blah. You guys really are ahead of the curve with the auto align tech. Like every other newb here, I was convinced that if everything looked "perfectly aligned" that I would get that massive million dollar budget sound. And then I started using my ears...

In searching for absolute polarity, I decided my kick in had to start with positive amplitude, and that by God, my kick out(ns10 woofer) had to be nudged and lined up(cut up and beat detected) at the exact same time, or else I wasn't competing with the pros. Funny thing was, I did that, both samples now with positive amplitude, quantized and nudged to align seemingly visually perfect to one another, and then(probably a half hour later because I decided that I needed to visually do the same to the other drums tracks to reach absolute, inarguable perfection) decided to listen to my results...

Hilarious...when I flipped the polarity of my sub kick track with my kick in track it sounded WAY huger. Now this means that, although visually looking in absolute badass phase, the two tracks were not at all in phase. So yeah, all those old annoying guys who said not to looks at waveforms were right. Advise for all other newbs like me, leave the physics to the lame old guys that know what they're talking about....if you're screwing up basics like this, like me, your focus probably needs to be on training your ears and not your editing.

(p.s...all this said I still print my drumagog tracks and align them to the original, only difference is now i don't chop them up and beat detective them to "perfectly" line up to the reference.)
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberschaller ➑️
This is really astonishing amazing how many times you have to repeat yourself on this! That being said....I was sweating for weeks(maybe even years over this), reading up on absolute polarity, phase alignment, blah, blah, blah. You guys really are ahead of the curve with the auto align tech. Like every other newb here, I was convinced that if everything looked "perfectly aligned" that I would get that massive million dollar budget sound. And then I started using my ears...

In searching for absolute polarity, I decided my kick in had to start with positive amplitude, and that by God, my kick out(ns10 woofer) had to be nudged and lined up(cut up and beat detected) at the exact same time, or else I wasn't competing with the pros. Funny thing was, I did that, both samples now with positive amplitude, quantized and nudged to align seemingly visually perfect to one another, and then(probably a half hour later because I decided that I needed to visually do the same to the other drums tracks to reach absolute, inarguable perfection) decided to listen to my results...

Hilarious...when I flipped the polarity of my sub kick track with my kick in track it sounded WAY huger. Now this means that, although visually looking in absolute badass phase, the two tracks were not at all in phase. So yeah, all those old annoying guys who said not to looks at waveforms were right. Advise for all other newbs like me, leave the physics to the lame old guys that know what they're talking about....if you're screwing up basics like this, like me, your focus probably needs to be on training your ears and not your editing.

(p.s...all this said I still print my drumagog tracks and align them to the original, only difference is now i don't chop them up and beat detective them to "perfectly" line up to the reference.)
Done the exact thing hehe, it would be nice to have a trigger engine that can in some way look ahead in the waveform, then trigger to get minium phase issues with the original snare sound for example! Maybe drumagog 5 is doing this? havent tried 5

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Showcase ➑️
Done the exact thing hehe, it would be nice to have a trigger engine that can in some way look ahead in the waveform, then trigger to get minium phase issues with the original snare sound for example! Maybe drumagog 5 is doing this? havent tried 5
Drumagog 5's autoalign 2 IS doing this! What throws people off is that it inverts the waveform and adjusts the timing differently for every hit so it sounds the most in phase rather than looks it. It took me a bit to figure this out! It's hard to trust at first, but really saves time.
Old 29th September 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Has anyone tried Drumagog 5 against Trigger?
Old 12th October 2011 | Show parent

🎧 10 years
I haven't used one against the other really, but drumagog is so damn good I don't need to. The problem with drumagog is that you really need to read and reread the manual, work with it's latency settings and work with your daw's delay compensation to get it perfect. It WILL perfectly trigger if you actually know what you're doing and how to adjust the settings. It took me a year to get this right, but I'm also an idiot. Once I understood what auto-align 2.0 was doing and used it to audition samples by the way they interact with the original source it hit me that these guys really know what they're doing!
πŸ“ Reply