The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
AmpliTube 3
Old 22nd May 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
How does this compare with Overloud TH1?
Old 23rd May 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinealta ➑️
How does this compare with Overloud TH1?
Its sounds are superior but in MY experience so far it is very unstable and I've used it on Win XP and Win7 with Cubase 5.

It can lockup when switching patches. It can lockup when loading. In all my years--I have never seem something in my collection so buggy. It uses like 20 times the Ram as other amp plugins so Im guessing that is what makes it prone to crashes. I have 6 gigs of ram BTW.

Whenever a plugin is using 200mb of ram per instance there has to expert coding. In comparison all my other amp plugins use 10mb and under. So the guys got the sounds right but seem to not know nearly as much about optimizing. But Im being nice. 20 times the ram usage is not a short oversight--its the holocaust.

I also know some will say"I never had a problem". Well..Ive never had a problem with ANY plugin ever--thats how good my system is and thats how good I am at troubleshooting
Old 23rd May 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Anyone else having problems with the MIDI mapping feature in Logic 9? I can get it to work just fine in the Standalone Mode, and my MIDI controller (Akai MPD32) works just fine with everything else in Logic.

Any tips?
Old 24th May 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
guys,

Any tips from guys that are happy with their heavy distorted tone? thanks.
Old 27th May 2010 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTone ➑️
What I don't understand is why do we have to wait for it to be shipped? Most of us have the demo already loaded. All we need is a serial number to authorize it and register it. Seems kind of inconsiderate to the environment to ship so many boxed versions. I personally don't need the box or the install disk. It's going to go in the recycle bin as soon as it comes in. I just need a damn serial number. My 10 day demo is about to expire and I've yet to receive my box version. And I pre ordered it over a month before it's release. Last time I preorder anything.

IK is lucky Amp3 kicks some nice ass or I'd be all up in their guts about this. LOL!
We do email deliver- and we tend to take care of you on the $ end!

Old 10th June 2010 | Show parent
IK Multimedia

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute ➑️
Its sounds are superior but in MY experience so far it is very unstable and I've used it on Win XP and Win7 with Cubase 5.

It can lockup when switching patches. It can lockup when loading. In all my years--I have never seem something in my collection so buggy. It uses like 20 times the Ram as other amp plugins so Im guessing that is what makes it prone to crashes. I have 6 gigs of ram BTW.

Whenever a plugin is using 200mb of ram per instance there has to expert coding. In comparison all my other amp plugins use 10mb and under. So the guys got the sounds right but seem to not know nearly as much about optimizing. But Im being nice. 20 times the ram usage is not a short oversight--its the holocaust.

I also know some will say"I never had a problem". Well..Ive never had a problem with ANY plugin ever--thats how good my system is and thats how good I am at troubleshooting
You won't hear "never had a problem" but "have you logged a support ticket?" If so, and you weren't sorted, PM me the ticket number and we'll get you squared away. If not, please do and we'll get you squared away.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Peter a few months ago you had asked me to pm you the bugs I had found and I did, but I never heard back from either you nor tech support?

rsp
IK Multimedia

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zvenx ➑️
Peter a few months ago you had asked me to pm you the bugs I had found and I did, but I never heard back from either you nor tech support?

rsp
Normally I'd forward your information to our support manager. Please resend while I check for the information and the status. Did you not get a ticket opened? Typically support is supposed to do this and you'd get a trackable ticket in the system leading to a resolution. Let me know, please. Apologies if something slipped through the cracks.

Edit: I don't see any PM's so perhaps the rep before me was the one? Either way, that isn't what I like to see happen and PLEASE get me the info and I'll get things to the right people. Also send your registered email and IK username. Thanks!

Last edited by Peter - IK; 10th June 2010 at 10:46 PM.. Reason: more info
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
hi, my apologies. Just realised it was on kvr I sent it to you, and not here... and one of them has already been corrected. Will resend on kvr.
rsp
IK Multimedia

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zvenx ➑️
hi, my apologies. Just realised it was on kvr I sent it to you, and not here... and one of them has already been corrected. Will resend on kvr.
rsp
Well we'll get the rest corrected, thank you for letting me know and again apologies for anything that has not yet been addressed.
Old 4th July 2010 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIEL ➑️
So which one do u Prefer?
Waves GTR
Amplitube 3
NI Guitar Rig 4

is there anything else that is great?
Waves GTR has crappy farting distortion.

I like Amplitube quite alot.

But if anyone is looking for a good simulation of the JCM800, Line 6 Pod Farm 2 has simulated this particular amp running a 1960 cab with Celestion 75 speakers better than any of these amp sims or any other amp sim on the market - by far. (at least the RTAS one I use for Pro Tools.)
Old 5th July 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
i really like the pedals in this plugin.
Old 11th October 2011
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
The AmpliTube 3.7 update is imminent!
Here's the first look at a little bit of what's coming.
People are guessing what this new mic is right now on our Facebook.

Old 11th October 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian @ IK ➑️
People are guessing what this new mic is right now on our Facebook.
I don't have Facebook but if it's supposed to be a Neumann Gefell CMV-563 with M7 capsule from 1956 it doesn't look correct.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Amplitube 3 rules

Yesterday I made a comparison between AT3 and Pod Farm 2. For both, I used the JCM800 emulation, I bypassed the cab and used the same 3rd party impulse and I matched every setting of the preamp.

With all at 50% AT3 had a nice crunchy tone, on the other hand, Pod Farm 2 sounded very distorted.

Then I did the same with the Custom Shop Soldano and the Pod Farm Soldano, again with the cabs bypassed and using a 3rd party impulse.

I did the same, in this case it was harder because Custom Shop Soldano has more options. Again, Pod Farm 2 sounded much more distorted, and without body.

Don't get me wrong, I like Pod Farm 2, that's why I bought it and it's pretty usable, but AT3 is far superior.
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
The bigger news there is the Hiwatt...
Old 21st January 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Dear all... i'm new here

If anybody here need a help about amplitube..u can asking me'''' glad to help and join here, thankyou..
Old 25th January 2012 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Ampeg amp tubes

Does anyone know of a good place to buy two specific types of tubes for my Ampeg Gemini I? I found good, cheap places to buy most of the tubes, but I'm having trouble finding a place to buy a 7199 tube and a 6CG7 tube. The 7199 isn't made by many companies anymore, actually for a while they quit making it.
Old 8th October 2012 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Hey all, i have Amp3 FREE, and have bought almost ALL the Amps, FX i want... any one know if there is a cheaper way to UPGRADE so i can use the Mono and Dual Channel paths? I dont want to pay 200-300$ for a buncha (ALL) amps-fx i dont need-want, i have them all, i just need the Mono IN and Dual Sig Paths....thanks

PS-Mine hiccups alot too, like others said, i wish the Leslie was avail as a Native Plug so less CPU. I can live with it though.
Old 9th October 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Hi billzoe. There is no difference between AmpliTube 3 and AmpliTube 3 FREE other than what gear comes unlocked by default. You have access to all 8 routing configurations, the tuner, and all mix functions regardless of the version. In fact, both use the same installer. As I said, the ONLY difference is the number of unlocked models. And you can unlock any locked model by purchasing it in the Custom Shop.

You can load just the Leslie model and bypass everything else, and it will only use the necessary CPU for the Leslie. CPU usage is very dynamic that way.
Old 9th October 2012 | Show parent
RiF
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzoe ➑️
Hey all, i have Amp3 FREE, and have bought almost ALL the Amps, FX i want... any one know if there is a cheaper way to UPGRADE so i can use the Mono and Dual Channel paths? I dont want to pay 200-300$ for a buncha (ALL) amps-fx i dont need-want, i have them all, i just need the Mono IN and Dual Sig Paths....thanks
Did you try to click the 8 number buttons in the upper left corner of the plugin? This switches between the different routing configs (dual amps, dual cabs and everything in between).
I have AT Free and it works just like the "real" one (except for the number of available models, of course).
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzoe ➑️
PS-Mine hiccups alot too, like others said, i wish the Leslie was avail as a Native Plug so less CPU. I can live with it though.
Did you download the latest version? IK reduced the CPU-load significantly some versions ago.
Old 9th October 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Impressive already liked v2 , may gonna get the v3 seems smooth
Old 9th October 2012 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Hi all, i havent updated it in 6 months... will try that. i wll try the "8" buttons mentioned above to see if can get the diff routing.

Other than this stuff, its pretty cool. Gotta shout out on the Leslie, as a former owner of a C-3 and 122Leslie it is darn close, esp compared to NI and others - the HiFreq Horn is where it rules . i almost miss my old Leslie but this helps !

Thanks all!

bz
Old 8th February 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Great sounds

I'm uninterested in the "does it sound real" conversation. My concern is that it sound good.

I like a heavy, distorted sound; Smashing Pumpkins, My Bloody Valentine, Alice in Chains.

I have GTR3. My first emulation program. Has worked well for me. Mind you, the final sound I get is after using eq, compression, fx, etc.

I got the s-gear demo. The Marshall head sounds great. The clean sounds were not very useful to me. Can't justify $99 for that one sound. Maybe later.

I'm impressed with Amplitube emulations. The Orange and Ampeg stuff is beautiful.

I'm also impressed with their business model. You can buy emulations and effects a la carte. The program itself is free and comes with some good emulations.

Charging hundreds of dollars for software bundles often leads to piracy. Some people can't afford it and others don't want to spend a lot of money for one particular effect or emulation.

Its the pricing scheme of the future IMHO. It's like TV. I shut off my cable because I was paying over $100 when there's only like four or five shows I like on TV.

But I digress.

I'm more than happy to pay for my Amplitube stuff because I can buy the specific piece of gear that works for me.

I tried Overloud as well. They have good sounds but like most people, I found the interface annoying. You can figure it out if you invest a little time.

The softube emulations are good as well if narrow in application IMHO.

If your budget is limited I would dive in with Amplitube. It will get you started.

Waves GTR3 is $120 from audiodeluxe.com. Totally worth the money. Great emulations and great fx.

NI guitar rig is a good program too. I demoed it and it sounds great but i couldn't justify $199 seeing as I already had GTR3. They do have a stripped down version for free. If you like their sound you can always buy the full version. Or not. There's enough in the free version to make music.

Like guitarists who use physical gear I shape my sound with products from different manufacturers.

Basically all the major programs are more than usable. Whether or not you get an "amazing" sound is up to your creative and engineering skills.
Old 17th March 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
hey. Dont know if anyone can help me but having problems on logic and amplitube. I creat a midi track and go to I/O input and go to amplitube comes up. however when i hit record on logic nothing comes up on the track.. any ideas why?
Cheers
Old 21st March 2013 | Show parent
IK Multimedia

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertymatterz ➑️
hey. Dont know if anyone can help me but having problems on logic and amplitube. I creat a midi track and go to I/O input and go to amplitube comes up. however when i hit record on logic nothing comes up on the track.. any ideas why?
Cheers
Not a Logic user but AmpliTube needs to process audio, not MIDI data. You need to route audio through it, usually as an insert effect. If this doesn't help you always have Tech Support available to you at IK Multimedia Support Thanks!
πŸ“ Reply