Quantcast
If you could have an app that organised your files... - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
If you could have an app that organised your files...
Old 28th May 2003
Mindreader

๐ŸŽง 15 years

..what would it do exactly?

I mean for Pro Toolers, Logic users and people who have a lot of audio files hanging around.

I know that there is now project managers built in, but they don't take into account all the other collected audio clutter on your drives.

Would an app that scanned all your drives for errant files be a cool thing? Or just something that moved all mp3's on your system to one place with a key click.

Or an app that let you specify 5 folders to tidy, and then it would move any audio content in those folders somewhere 'useful.

Or ..or, what?

What do you find yourself doing by hand which could otherwise be automated, specifically to do with files?

If there was one killer app which sorted and saved your organisational mess what would it do?

Answers on a gearslutz postcard..
Old 30th May 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Bevvy have you checked out File Buddy? It's an awesome file management program.

You can sort/search for files by size, duplicates, date modified, name etc etc etc. It's super! There's a demo version with full features btw.
Old 30th May 2003
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Hey B I haven't seen any "if you could read my mind" apps yet, but AudioFinder is a neat thing to keep track of lots of audio files.
Old 5th July 2005 | Show parent
Rab
KMR Audio

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Yep... Audiofinder ($69 donationware). Not many guys seem to know about this - an excellent little app for when you're in Audio Squirrel mode:

http://www.icedaudio.com/
Old 5th July 2005 | Show parent
Gear Nut

๐ŸŽง 15 years
This is where the OS makers want to go next with file systems ...

on Mac Tiger it's called spotlight and it is suposed to change the way we look for and find files...

MS was suposed to have a version of the DB file indexing on the next OS but it seems they are having some problems ... but lets wait and see... the best way is still to have a logical dir tree but that's becoming very hard work...
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…