Quantcast
Mathew Lane releases version 3 of the DrMS spatial processor plugin - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mathew Lane releases version 3 of the DrMS spatial processor plugin
Old 17th December 2009
Company Rep

🎧 15 years
Mathew Lane releases version 3 of the DrMS spatial processor plugin

DrMS v3.2 is now available!

Version 3 of the DrMS spatial processor plugin was re-coded from the ground up in a partnership with Mu Technologies. DrMS is now a true native VST/AU/RTAS plugin for OSX and Windows that no longer requires the Pluggo Runtime shell. V3 is compatible with all major DAWs supporting VST, AudioUnit or RTAS, including the latest versions of Cubase, Nuendo, Logic, Live and ProTools, both on Mac and PC.

It also includes numerous improvements and new features over version 2, such as the newly implemented mastering grade filters, the addition of the Feedback circuit for reverb creation and special effects, the improved GUI with value displays and the inclusion of example preset settings.

DrMS version 3 features:
• Native VST/AU/RTAS plugin for OSX & Windows, supports all major DAWs
• MS encoding & decoding
• Spatial audio processing: Zoom in, add Depth, change Width
• New mastering grade filters
• Resonant HPF, LPF and Delay on each of the four processing sections
• New Feedback circuit for reverb creation and special effects
• Full mono compatibility
• Autogain circuit for easy level matched A/B comparision
• Improved GUI with value displays
• Smart MCU control surface layout
• Wide range of applications for mixing, mastering and post production, going from simple MS encoding/decoding, over stereo field and depth enhancement, to fixing mono compatibility issues and more
• Presets developed by Dylan '3D' Dresdow (Black Eyed Peas, Michael Jackson, Usher) and Emre Ramazanoglu (Shakira, Alexander McQueen, Lou Rhodes)
• Easy installation and authorization with choice of using iLok or Challenge/Response

You have already heard DrMS in action, as it has been used extensively by mix engineer Dylan '3D' Dresdow on the multi Grammy Award nominated Black Eyed Peas album "The E.N.D.".

Also, DrMS was found very helpful by engineer Emre Ramazanoglu in matching atmospheres and for other positional applications during the sound and music design for the UK feature film "Nowhere Boy" as well as in crafting sound design and music recreation for Alexander McQueen and other fashion houses.

DrMS v3 is immediately available for only 99 euro ex. VAT at mathewlane.com - Home . A 10-day trial period is included with the installer that can be downloaded from the Mathew Lane website.

For all current DrMS users, a special upgrade path to DrMS v3 is offered for only 25 euro ex. VAT until the end of 2009.

Last edited by DrDeltaM; 6th September 2010 at 02:35 PM.. Reason: v3.2 update
Old 17th December 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I used the last one all over my last album, will definately be upgrading ! feedback sounds interesting too!
Old 17th December 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Finally I can use it on my mac cubase.
Bought it

Great plug in!!!
Old 17th December 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Great update, Mathew.

ns
Old 18th December 2009 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
I just sentenced my credit card to death, it shall be quick and painless.. for the card, of course. not me. And i still "HAVE" to buy Waves CLA this month. argh. Very funny challenge code ;D LOL
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
The new GUI is awesome. Everything seems to work smooth here and sounds better than ever... Great job!

-SD
Company Rep

🎧 15 years
Cheers guys
Jax
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Augh...

I'll have revisit the plug-in. I don't think I really got the hang of it, but I got good results regardless.

Here's $36 USD (at current exchange rate).
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Gotta grab this. I love 2.0...
The delays look very interesting...

Conceptually, this excites me more than the UAD Cooper Timecube.
Old 19th December 2009 | Show parent
GS Community Manager

Super exciting - been looking forward to this - BUT -

10 days only on the demo? Srsly?? You can do better than that!!! Two weeks minimum, I'd need, 21 days even better, 30 days top-effin'-notch.

But the fact that it exists is great news nonetheless...
Company Rep

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by terminal3 ➑️
Super exciting - been looking forward to this - BUT -

10 days only on the demo? Srsly?? You can do better than that!!! Two weeks minimum, I'd need, 21 days even better, 30 days top-effin'-notch.

But the fact that it exists is great news nonetheless...
Seems like 10 days is more then enough for most people, they're ordering after one day already heh

But should you really be in trouble with the 10 days demo limit somehow, email me and I'll take care of a 2nd demo period.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Is this version 64 bit?
Company Rep

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacue ➑️
Is this version 64 bit?
No, but it should work just fine on a 64bit system that supports 32bit plugins
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDeltaM ➑️
No, but it should work just fine on a 64bit system that supports 32bit plugins
I am still on 32 bit system and daw but observing the situation and would like to move to windows 7 - 64 with Cubase 5 - 64
As far as I understand the situation today, 64 daw like Cubase 5 expects plugins to be 64 bit.
It seems that there are some problems with VST Bridge.

Just out of curiosity, is there a particular reason for a developper today not to port his new plugins to 64 bits?
Company Rep

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacue ➑️
Just out of curiosity, is there a particular reason for a developper today not to port his new plugins to 64 bits?
The reason simply is time/money investment versus market demand. Currently, 100% 64bit systems that are not 32bit compatible are a serious minority.

That's not to say a 64bit will not come out, it sure is planned, but it wasn't a priority for the current release.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Thanks for your answer.
Quote:
That's not to say a 64bit will not come out,
Nice to hear
Old 20th December 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
That's not to say a 64bit will not come out, it sure is planned, but it wasn't a priority for the current release.
That's a shame, because it crashes Sonar 8.5.2 x64 in a big way.
Company Rep

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Russell ➑️
That's a shame, because it crashes Sonar 8.5.2 x64 in a big way.
Thanks for your feedback! As said, we plan for a full 64bit version in the next revision, so this will defenately be addressed.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
cool that u left that PLUGGO runtime bull**** and coded this baby from ground!

i will give it a try
GS Community Manager

Quote:
Seems like 10 days is more then enough for most people, they're ordering after one day already heh

But should you really be in trouble with the 10 days demo limit somehow, email me and I'll take care of a 2nd demo period.
Can't argue with that! Will be trying it out in the new year. Best of luck with it!
Old 21st December 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I've wanted this since version 1 and it's really time I did it. Shame the government run studio I work at is so difficult with individual vendors like this. And the ever so kind Matthew had been so considerate in his pricing... :(
Gear Nut

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Unhappy CPU hog ???

I tried it and I like what it does, but it eats up CPU cycles like it was an all-you-can-eat buffet. Is that normal? I tested it on my MacBookPro running 10.6.2 and Nuendo 4.3.

At a buffer size of 512 it used up more than 15% and at 2048 that figure was down to about 10-12%
Company Rep

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subsonic808 ➑️
I tried it and I like what it does, but it eats up CPU cycles like it was an all-you-can-eat buffet. Is that normal? I tested it on my MacBookPro running 10.6.2 and Nuendo 4.3.

At a buffer size of 512 it used up more than 15% and at 2048 that figure was down to about 10-12%
Yes it can be quite CPU hungry, depending on how many of the filters you use of it. Reason is that we went for optimal quality heh A further CPU optimisation is being worked on however (will be a free update), to half the CPU use.

You can save some CPU now already tho by running in Low Latency (Low CPU) mode by Shift-Clicking the DrMS logo, the main IN button will turn blue to show you this.

For your info, I had one user who had larger then normal CPU use in Cubase on OSX, but after a reboot, all was normal.
Gear Nut

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Thanks! I will give it another go...
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I'm struggling to download this for my mac. The safari screen does not initiate the download.

Is anyone else having that problem?

Many thanks

Paul
Company Rep

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenn ➑️
I'm struggling to download this for my mac. The safari screen does not initiate the download.

Is anyone else having that problem?

Many thanks

Paul
Strange, download seems to work here (using Safari too), maybe the webserver was too busy for a moment? Should you still have an issue with downloading, feel free to email me!
Old 22nd December 2009 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Hi Mathew, I was wondering if you are planning on doing some demo videos? tutorials? I think when people actually see/hear what this plugin is capable of, you might sell a lot more than you already do...

I've tried the demo, but still don't really get the hang of it. However everybody is raving about it and I'm interested in buying the plugin. I think a video would definitely help my final decision.
Company Rep

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewdekay ➑️
Hi Mathew, I was wondering if you are planning on doing some demo videos? tutorials? I think when people actually see/hear what this plugin is capable of, you might sell a lot more than you already do...

I've tried the demo, but still don't really get the hang of it. However everybody is raving about it and I'm interested in buying the plugin. I think a video would definitely help my final decision.
Demo videos have been requested in the past as well, something I surely plan to do. I will look into this in the new year
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I've been using the demo to add width to a children's choir. As far as I can tell, DrMS does a much better job at this than the Waves stereo enhancers, the IK Yellow Comp, and various other stereo enhancers.

Great plug-in, great price. Cheers!
Old 5th January 2010 | Show parent
Company Rep

🎧 15 years
The special upgrade offer for existing users has been extended until end of Januari 2010
πŸ“ Reply