Quantcast
Cubase 5 crashing with Uad & Powercore - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cubase 5 crashing with Uad & Powercore
Old 25th November 2009
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Cubase 5 crashing with Uad & Powercore

I just updated to Cubase 5 and it works fine apart from the fact that it crashes every time I change my input and output connections to access my outboard. I have done some tests and worked out that it only happens when i have my Uad and Powercore cards active, I spoke to UA and they said i'm suppose to leave my I/O connections as they are from the start of the mix. Not heard from TC or Steinberg yet. I never had any probs in Cubase SX so I'm wondering if anybody else can create the same crash on their system. Cheers
Old 26th November 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I'm using Cubase 5.1 with a UAD-1, UAD-1e & UAD-2 duo cards. I have no crashes or problems creating new inputs or outputs, using outputs to my hardware comps, etc. My interface is an M-Audio Delta 44.

What audio interface are you using?
Old 26th November 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
cubase 5,UAD/powercore/SSL Duende working fine here

MC
Old 26th November 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparqee ➑️
I'm using Cubase 5.1 with a UAD-1, UAD-1e & UAD-2 duo cards. I have no crashes or problems creating new inputs or outputs, using outputs to my hardware comps, etc. My interface is an M-Audio Delta 44.

What audio interface are you using?
I am using a Motu Hd192 and 2048mk3, tried using my virus ti as the asio/audio device and i still created the problem
Old 27th November 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Running cubase 5.1 with Poco and UAD 2 plus RME FIFA 400 here, all fine. Check that u get a Texas Instruments FIWI chipset PCI/PCIe card for the POCO, and if your on FIWI a separate FIWI port for any other FIWI gear. Also use the 3.1 drivers from TC, theyre the most stable, if you cant access them hit me up and Ill upload to u. Disable any unused peripherals in ur BIOS/Device manager if you're on PC. Which OS are you on? Try enabling/diabling multiprocessor support and see if that helps...move the UAD and or POCO card to a different PCIe slot. It should work! good luck
Old 27th November 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prahlad ➑️
Running cubase 5.1 with Poco and UAD 2 plus RME FIFA 400 here, all fine. Check that u get a Texas Instruments FIWI chipset PCI/PCIe card for the POCO, and if your on FIWI a separate FIWI port for any other FIWI gear. Also use the 3.1 drivers from TC, theyre the most stable, if you cant access them hit me up and Ill upload to u. Disable any unused peripherals in ur BIOS/Device manager if you're on PC. Which OS are you on? Try enabling/diabling multiprocessor support and see if that helps...move the UAD and or POCO card to a different PCIe slot. It should work! good luck
Thanks for the advice mate, i have already tried most of what you suggested but I still get the same problem. Multicore disable makes no difference and i already had all unused devices disabled. I am on xp pro and i use x1 pcore element, x1 uad2 solo, x1 uad1 pcie and x2 uad1 classic with the motu 424 card. I will try the pcore 3.1 but i doubt it will helpthumbsup
Old 28th November 2009
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
I use UAD Quad, PowercoreX8 and Steinberg MR816 on my system. If you use a Firewirecard with Texas chipset (Belkin for example) and connect your firewire outboard with the help of seperate firewirecards on seperate pci/pci express slots of your system, no **** will happen.

I also read about Hotfixes of windows. When you install Service Pack 2, the speed of your firewire is affected, and a Hotfix is available. Also, if you update from Service Pack 2 to Service Pack 3, your firewire ports are ****ed up again, and a new Hotfix is available.

But trie the first approach first, it's safer ;o)
Old 28th November 2009
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Someone told me Firewire connections work just like Network/Ehternet connections. Your PC is continiously looking for a connection to be found. You can set the 1394 connections OFF for you firewirecards. I'm dutch , but look in Configurations/Network connections, find your firewirecards, rightclick on the 1394 connection and set it to OFF. Maybe this will help a little bit also....but connect different firewire outboard gear on seperate firewirecards plugged to seperate pci express slots for smoother information traffic.....
Old 28th November 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie ➑️
Someone told me Firewire connections work just like Network/Ehternet connections. Your PC is continiously looking for a connection to be found. You can set the 1394 connections OFF for you firewirecards. I'm dutch , but look in Configurations/Network connections, find your firewirecards, rightclick on the 1394 connection and set it to OFF. Maybe this will help a little bit also....but connect different firewire outboard gear on seperate firewirecards plugged to seperate pci express slots for smoother information traffic.....
Thanks for the tip Robbie but i have no Firewire devices in my system mate. thumbsup
Old 28th November 2009 | Show parent
js1
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
3 UAD-1 cards, one Powercore Element, Cubase 5 - no crashes as you describe.

Stuff like this is frustrating as hell, I know. Took me ages to track down a crash on exit with this combo - it was a Korg USB driver. Good luck.

js
Old 5th December 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
are u using the 3 gb switch on xp to expand ur ram...try turning it off, could be ur many UADs are taking up too much ram, the ifrst in system takes 300 mb every further one 150 mb...ive read... is why i got a UAD 2 quad.... 32 bit OS suck

are u on an ASUS P5 motherboard? that POS ruined my studio experience for about 1 year til i got an intel board

try working backeards.... setup ur system as small as possible (no cards etc and expand it step b<y STEP UNITL IT FAILS ups

late here
Old 16th December 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Being that this is a thread on C5 and UAD2 thought I would share my experience.

Everything works fine with (Windows 7, UAD2 Single) 5.10 but the minute I upgrade to the latest version which is supposed to have (more) support for Windows 7 it crashes every time I open the 64 bit version, and crashes every time I open a project on the 32 bit version.

Riddle me that one time?
Old 6th January 2010 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Turned out to the free Flux Stereo Tool and Stillwell Rocket causing the crashes. Thanks for you time guys
πŸ“ Reply