Quantcast
HELP! - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
HELP!
Old 22nd November 2009
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
HELP!

I tried disabling hyperthreading in my BIOS and now it keeps restarting I don't know what to do...

My system is:
i7 920 Gigabyte GA EX UD3R
Old 22nd November 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Flash your bios.....
Unplug your PSU from the wall
Take out the battery by the orange PCIe slot...
then touch a screwdriver to the clr_cmos jumpers between the SATA ports and the silver heatsink...
By touching 1 piece of metal to both jumper pins you will short the CMOS causing everything on your board to return to default settings....
Old 22nd November 2009 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
CMOS reset

Alternately, press & hold the CMOS reset switch in on the back of your board in for 5 seconds....
Old 23rd November 2009
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Thanks guys. Well after my computer restarted about 15 times it finally booted up and I was able to re-enable hyperthreading.

I just bought this system from iBuyPower.com and I've had nothing but problems with it. It can't be normal for a system to lock up like that just by disabling hyperthreading?

I'm also getting loud random clicks and pops comming out of my MOTU mkII even when their is no audio playing. It scared the **** out of me. I'm using the latest MOTU drivers. Are there any known problems between MOTU and Gigabyte motherboards that I may not know?

And to top it off Acid 7 Pro crashes on about 75% of the songs I try to open up. Songs that play perfectly fine on my 2 other old computers. Some open perfectly fine.

I'm so dissapointed right now, my 5yr old system runs better than this. I'll probably be sending this system back in a couple of days if I can't resolve these major issues. Here are my system specs maybe you guys might have some pointers.

Case - Nzxt Alpha Gaming Tower Case - Black
iBUYPOWER Labs - iBUYPOWER Harmony SRS Sound Reduction System - Improved Airflow Silent Fans
Processor - Intel® Core™ i7 920 Processor (4x 2.66GHz/8MB L3 Cache)
Processor Cooling - CoolerMaster V8 CPU Cooling Fan System
Memory - 6 GB [2 GB X3] DDR3-1600 Triple Memory Module - Corsair Dominator
Video Card - ATI Radeon HD 5850 - 1GB - Single Card
Motherboard - GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD3R
Power Supply - 750 Watt -- Thermaltake EVO_Blue W0307RU Power Supply - SLI Ready
Primary Hard Drive - 320 GB HARD DRIVE -- 16M Cache, 7200 RPM, 3.0Gb/s - Single Drive)
Data Hard Drive - 1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 16M Cache, 7200 RPM, 3.0Gb/s - Single Drive)
Optical Drive(22X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black)
Operating System - Microsoft Windows XP Pro SP2 32bit
Old 23rd November 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Not a bad setup... GPU is overkill for audio but nice for gaming... I might have gone with a 32mb cache drive for audio but nothing jumps out at me as wrong or incompatible...
Anything electronic is subject to malfunction though
Could be a faulty mobo... could be bad RAM....
Are you using the newest Bios version?
Did you run memtest???
Not to be an ass but are the 3 sticks of ram in the 3 same colored (White) slots?? and nothing is in the Blue DIMM slot???
You can test the RAM (And the slots) one at a time and also run memtest..
May I ask what made you go 3x2gb and 1gb GPU on a 32-bit system? were you planning on going 64-bit in the future?
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3altruth ➡️
Not a bad setup... GPU is overkill for audio but nice for gaming... I might have gone with a 32mb cache drive for audio but nothing jumps out at me as wrong or incompatible...
Anything electronic is subject to malfunction though
Could be a faulty mobo... could be bad RAM....
Are you using the newest Bios version?
Did you run memtest???
Not to be an ass but are the 3 sticks of ram in the 3 same colored (White) slots?? and nothing is in the Blue DIMM slot???
You can test the RAM (And the slots) one at a time and also run memtest..
May I ask what made you go 3x2gb and 1gb GPU on a 32-bit system? were you planning on going 64-bit in the future?
Initally I just wanted to get XP up and running to take advantage of the faster processor. If that had worked out the way I had hoped I was planning on running a dual boot system of XP and 7. I also edit AVCHD video that why i went with the 5850. The ram seems to be fine. I think it's probably a fault mobo...

Anyone out there with a similar setup using a Motu interface? Or running Acid Pro 7? I can't be the only one...
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernovasounds ➡️
Initally I just wanted to get XP up and running to take advantage of the faster processor. If that had worked out the way I had hoped I was planning on running a dual boot system of XP and 7. I also edit AVCHD video that why i went with the 5850. The ram seems to be fine. I think it's probably a fault mobo...

Anyone out there with a similar setup using a Motu interface? Or running Acid Pro 7? I can't be the only one...
Sorry... I'm not a big "Mark of the Unicorn" guy.. can't really help
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…