Quantcast
C24 Issue - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
C24 Issue
Old 18th November 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
C24 Issue

All my PT sessions are just playing out of the left speaker of my C24. When I switch it to mono it comes out of both. But only the left in stereo. I'm using the ALT MON out.

What the heck is going down with this? I checked my I/O in PT and all looks fine. I am also only getting the left channel out of the headphones as well. This leads me to believe that it's not the output. I am running all of this out of a 192I/O. I see out 1 and 2 lighting up on the 192.

It seems like the problem may be on my input to my C24. I went into the far DSub on the left (the PT IN Dsub). Should I be going into a different input?

This my first time hooking up a C24. I am helping a friend. I'm a Logic guy. I can run PT. I know how to set up the C24 in peripherals and all that. I use PT often. I've just never messed with all the I/O on the C24. I thought it was simple. Just run the out of the converters to the Monitor Section. I see the "L" and "R" lit up and not the "C".

I am wondering WTF I am doing wrong?

Help
Old 18th November 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
It might be how you hooked up the dsub out and/or ins. 1 is left, 2 is center and 3 is right. I am not at the studio now but I think on the top right Monitor section the buttons of "L C R' all need to be selected. Also I think you need to click the mode button until L-C-R are lit. I will check tomorrow.
Old 18th November 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
If you're only monitoring L/R, you don't need LCR selected (just L, R), but you do need to hook up the inputs correctly.

http://akmedia.digidesign.com/suppor...uide_41362.pdf

On page 28 is the example connection setup for stereo monitoring. The C24 is set up such that Ch 1 is L, and Ch 3 is R.

Attached Thumbnails
C24 Issue-picture-2.png  
Old 18th November 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I read the subject as "C24 reissue"... thought AKG were going to drop something unexpected
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…