The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
TC Electronic free reverb
Old 16th November 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
TC Electronic free reverb

TC Electronic is offering a free reverb plugin, (free with the cost of an email address).

TC Electronic | Free M30 Reverb

I haven't yet gotten a chance to test it out, but they make very good plugins.
Old 16th November 2009
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyAdam ➑️
TC Electronic(...) they make very good plugins.
Provided that these plugins work (which is not likely from some time).
I strongly advise to read first comments on TC forum.
Old 17th November 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
A link would be nice.

Nevertheless, I've gotten good results from their hardware based Powercore plugins before, but I have never had any of their plugins in my home studio. I suppose I could post back here to confirm this to be working.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Got it, sounds great, works fine in Cubase 4 Windows XP.

Thanks for the heads-up!
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
it works fine for me and sounds cool, as well as some other TC plugins and the PoCo HW I used to have.. people stop the TC bashing!

Cubase SX3 and XP
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Downloaded and working, Reaper/Windows XP (32)

Big surprise it sounds real nice
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
thanks for the tip off. sounds great!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyAdam ➑️
A link would be nice.
TC Electronic Forum / Free TC reverb!

Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
They have logic 9 listed as a supported app. anyone know if L8 supports it? Well either way like they said, download it anyway it's free!
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommcw ➑️
They have logic 9 listed as a supported app. anyone know if L8 supports it? Well either way like they said, download it anyway it's free!
"Works perfectly here on Logic 8, Leo 10.5.8, MBP 2.4."

"It seems to behave just fine in Logic 8 and Cubase 5"

quotes taken from the TC forum

some others have problems with Logic though
Old 18th November 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibala ➑️
Provided that these plugins work (which is not likely from some time).
I strongly advise to read first comments on TC forum.
Can you be a little more specific? I'm afraid i don't have the time to go through the whole forum. I had a look but didn't see any threads about this except one with 0 reply.

Cheers.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
No problem here under Logic 9.0.2 and Live (7.0.18), sounds really good!

As for the questions about whether it works or not or any other weird issues like that: JUST TRY IT, IT'S FREE - don't let the usual trolls get you confused, all they want is raise stupid, dead-end debates.
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by spasm_dtc ➑️
As for the questions about whether it works or not or any other weird issues like that: JUST TRY IT, IT'S FREE - don't let the usual trolls get you confused, all they want is raise stupid, dead-end debates.
+1

I used it yesterday a lot, really nice reverb, it reminds me a lot of the ClassicVerb from PoCo.
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustacheVerra ➑️
Can you be a little more specific? I'm afraid i don't have the time to go through the whole forum. I had a look but didn't see any threads about this except one with 0 reply.
Quotes from TC forum:

"This reverb just really hurt my ears. I put it in a stereo aux channel in Logic 9.0.2 and as soon as I sent it anything it went crazy, completely overloading the channel strip and putting out the nastiest distortion I have ever heard at an extreme level. I have a headache now, so thanks for spoiling my Monday TC. I was going to say on my earlier post, whats the catch? I guess I now know We're all beta testers here really aren't we. Be warned Logic users, this thing is dangerous. It's not April the 1st is it?"

"Same here. No joke, It really is is dangerous. Works for a few seconds inserted on a track and then blows your ears on Logic 9.0.2/10.6.2."

"Changing presets, or doing A/B, noise starts as random spikes of max amplitude, rapidly propagating through the reverb, building to continuous noise at maximum volume. Sounds like an infinite value (divide by zero?) is somehow being generated in the algorithm."

"I got the horrible noise blast from flipping through presets as well. Had to rip the headphones off real fast. PC, Wavelab, W7 Ultimate 32bit."

I personally believe that TC well deserved all the "bashing" they get - and they get it from their own customers, waiting from years for TC to solve numereous, and serious problems.

I also believe that this "bashing" will end as soon, as TC manage to release working drivers eventually, so the users of their expensive toys, including myself, could simply use the expensive plugins they paid for.
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Quotes from TC forum:

"This reverb just really hurt my ears. I put it in a stereo aux channel in Logic 9.0.2 and as soon as I sent it anything it went crazy, completely overloading the channel strip and putting out the nastiest distortion I have ever heard at an extreme level. I have a headache now, so thanks for spoiling my Monday TC. I was going to say on my earlier post, whats the catch? I guess I now know We're all beta testers here really aren't we. Be warned Logic users, this thing is dangerous. It's not April the 1st is it?"

"Same here. No joke, It really is is dangerous. Works for a few seconds inserted on a track and then blows your ears on Logic 9.0.2/10.6.2."

"Changing presets, or doing A/B, noise starts as random spikes of max amplitude, rapidly propagating through the reverb, building to continuous noise at maximum volume. Sounds like an infinite value (divide by zero?) is somehow being generated in the algorithm."

"I got the horrible noise blast from flipping through presets as well. Had to rip the headphones off real fast. PC, Wavelab, W7 Ultimate 32bit."

I personally believe that TC well deserved all the "bashing" they get - and they get it from their own customers, waiting from years for TC to solve numereous, and serious problems.

I also believe that this "bashing" will end as soon, as TC manage to release working drivers eventually, so the users of their expensive toys, including myself, could simply use the expensive plugins they paid for.
they specifically stated it's not compatible with snow leopard - did they notice that part?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Quotes from TC forum:

OK thanks.

Luckely i use Cubase and I'm on Pc. I only tried it live in Chainer and everything went well. I think it's a nice reverb and should do a good job when it fits the job. But i too some what i would call spring in it but I'm guessing it wont be a problem for those specific instruments where it fit.

P.S. I understand people's frustration regarding TC and bad driver etc.. I'd be probably pissed too. But I'm not sure i would engaged in bashing a company for it because it's their lively hood and perhaps their are just a very small minority who fell into the crack. Yet i find it useful to reed about it... i don't know.

Cheers.
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Anyone happen to give it a go in PT8? I realize it's not on the list, but just checking...
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Thanks for the heads up and the link.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
With 64-bit Windows and Soanr 8.5 I needed to use Jbridge to get this to work reliably. Once wrapped it's fine and I like the sound.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFirstThird ➑️
Anyone happen to give it a go in PT8? I realize it's not on the list, but just checking...
PT LE 8.1, OSX 10.5.8

Wrapped ok with fxpansion VST to RTAS. Just very quickly tested it with tone.. but seemed to work fine.
πŸ“ Reply