phasey, digital distortion on the FW returns on MIO2882+DSP - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
phasey, digital distortion on the FW returns on MIO2882+DSP
Old 16th November 2009
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
phasey, digital distortion on the FW returns on MIO2882+DSP

legacy MIO 2882+DSP users--- (not 2d ones):

anyone ever have issues with digital distortion when bouncing a mix thru the +DSP plugs and routing back into the DAW via FW returns?

I used to never have a problem doing bus mixing, M/S processing, etc in the MIO-- the plugs sound fantastic and i was always super-amped with the results.

fast-forward to a few months back, after the 5.2 update, and now anytime i bounce something without going in/out of the a/d, it's glossed over with this horrible, jittery, phasey, digital distortion. I've called MH and they know it can be an issue... and, of course, the 2d card is the solution.

not wanting, or having the time, to do the upgrade, i'm kinda stuck having to bounce mixes through another cycle of ad/da-- which i'm not so keen to do.

Just curious if anyone else has had this issue- and if you've found any other 100% ITB soution.

thx for hearing out the rant...
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…