The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
macbook pro, logic 9, apogee duet and gio?
Old 10th November 2009
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
macbook pro, logic 9, apogee duet and gio?

hey folks

hope this is the right forum and sorry for all the questions on a first post.

i'm looking for some help in creating a solid setup which i could also rely on in a live situation.

at the moment i am using a strat, a boss gt10 and an rc20 loop pedal.
basically i want to keep the whole thing of being able to build loops, but with the addition of being able to add drums, bass and also record songs.

i also have a roland jp 8080 which recently i have been maybe considering getting a midi foot controler for to play in bass lines. not sure how that would work out as i have never tried to play bass with my feet yet.

just a few questions..

1. does anybody know if using the apogee gio and logic i would be able to play and loop as i do with the rc20. i know cubase pretty well from years ago. so for instance, using the gio footpedal, would i be able to navigate to a new track after i have recorded one, and begin to record again on the new one. also would the gio allow me to mute/unmute tracks, like a drum track or sample track?

2. would the apogee duet and gio work well together?
on the macbook pro there is 1 firewire and 2 usb. so the duet uses firewire and gio uses usb. my guitar goes through the gio, and vocals go through the duet (and perhaps the jp 8080/footpedal setup)
could i have these 3 running together and choose which one i record by way of gio footpedal.

3. would the sound quality i get from the gio and logic be as good as im getting from my gt10. or can i put the gt10 in line between my guitar and the gio?

can anybody give any recommendations on this setup. like anything extra that it could use. i already have a novation sl25 for a keys contoller. maybe i could do with an outboard compressor for vocals? would i then be getting into needin a hardware mixer too, or do i need one already.

thanks in advance

delmonte
Old 11th November 2009
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
well i think i found what im looking for in the software. a program on logic called mainstage. it has an option called loopback on it. it seems i'll be able to line up drumtracks and such with that.
📝 Reply