an issue that caused data to be deleted when using a guest account
an issue that might cause your system to logout unexpectedly
Spotlight search results not showing Exchange contacts
the reliability of menu extras
an issue in Dictionary when using Hebrew as the primary language
shutter-click sound effect when taking a screenshot
an issue with the four-finger swipe gesture
an issue adding images to contacts in Address Book
an issue in Front Row that could cause sluggish or slow frame rates while watching videos
creation of mobile accounts for Active Directory users
reliability and duration of VPN connections
general reliability improvements for iWork, iLife, Aperture, Final Cut Studio, MobileMe, and iDisk
overall improvements to VoiceOver performance
this update addresses video playback and performance issues for iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2009) and iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) computers that may occur in some situations while AirPort is turned on

Fonts fixes provided for:

an issue with font spacing
an issue in which some Fonts are missing
font duplication issues
an issue with some PostScript Type 1 fonts not working properly

Graphics fixes provided for:

an issue when connecting monitors to DVI and Mini DisplayPort adapters
an issue in which the brightness setting may not be remembered on restart
addresses functionality with specific display models
general reliability and performance improvements when using some applications

Mail fixes provided for:

a situation in which Mail's unread count may not update properly as messages are read on another computer
an issue in which deleted RSS feeds may return
an issue in which Mail cannot preview or Quick Look attachments when composing a new message
an issue that can cause Address Book and/or Mail to stop responding when opened
an issue in which email messages received from an Exchange Server are not formatted correctly
an issue in which Mail reports "Account exceeded bandwidth limits" for some Gmail accounts

MobileMe fixes provided for:

performance when accessing files from iDisk via the Finder and syncing iDisk files
an issue in which syncing iDisk files does not proceed beyond "checking items"
reliability and performance when syncing contacts, calendars, and bookmarks with MobileMe (syncing with iTunes and iSync are also improved)
an issue that prevents some users from logging into MobileMe via the MobileMe System Preference pane

Network file systems fixes provided for:

compatibility with third-party AFP servers
file synchronization for portable home directories
Printing and faxing fixes provided for:

automatic printer updates improvements
Print dialog allowing you to enter and send to more than one fax recipient
Safari fixes provided for:

a graphics distortion issue in Safari Top Sites
Safari plug-in reliability

-SD
Old 10th November 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Please post updates if you take the plunge.
Old 10th November 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Well I took the plunge, and I may be seeing a slight improvement in L9. I noticed also that something in the update appears to have tweaked the Core audio driver because my sound output of internal sounds changed paths from internal to a firewire device.

This is no big deal and actually made me kinda enthusiastic in hopes that Apple is indeed working the kinks out which may improve various third party issues.

On a side note... my HP printer should be working better now after a dismal period of lameness

-SD
Old 11th November 2009 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Logic 9 is ok with 10.6.2 for me. I'm felling the overall OS more responsive. There's no mention on performance improvements on the change log, but apple is never clear about what really has changed .

edit: there are performance improvements on the change log, but nothing direct related to the overall snappiness I'm experiencing with this update. maybe it is "general reliability and performance improvements when using some applications" on the graphics fixes, but I don't think it is graphic related.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Forgive me, this is slightly OT, but I have been searching for a thread that lists the working and non-working AudioUnit plugins with Snow Leopard. I have only heard that the Stillwell plug-ins don't work in SL, but is there a more comprehensive thread on the subject?

Thanks
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by everythinglouder ➑️
Forgive me, this is slightly OT, but I have been searching for a thread that lists the working and non-working AudioUnit plugins with Snow Leopard. I have only heard that the Stillwell plug-ins don't work in SL, but is there a more comprehensive thread on the subject?

Thanks
So far the beta releases of Stillwell plugs seem okay for me (10.6.1)- some of the Schwa plugs are still not there I believe but 1973, Verbiage, Vibe, Rocket and Transient Monster seem ok (so far, as I haven't used them much since updating a week or so ago)
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by everythinglouder ➑️

Thanks
If you've seen this thread, you've likely seen the most comprehensive discussion on the GS forum:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music...rd-thread.html

From what I can tell, it's relatively safe to make the move now. Waves plugs may be a slight concern due to their relevance and price considering their move to V7. However most of their V6 plugs work fine under SL.

Personally, I am currently in the process of updating my WUP for IR1 though, because it's GUI flickers. Also, there is an issue with the SIM mode on PSP's Squad, but a fix is about to be released.

-SD
πŸ“ Reply