Quantcast
Really useful OSX app for finding system problems - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Really useful OSX app for finding system problems
Old 13th May 2003
Mindreader

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Really useful OSX app for finding system problems

I've found my mac doing all kinds of things using this. It shows you what your computer is doing as a desktop window. I've just discovered it doing all kinds of things I'm not happy about ie Entourage polling iCal in the background and other nonsense which I have tracked down and KILLED.

You'll like it. I now have ot open all the time, and as soon as something wierd goes on you can immediately see what it was.

http://projects.tynsoe.org/rubrique.php3?id_rubrique=4
Old 14th May 2003
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
๐ŸŽง 15 years
Nice utility, Bev!

BTW, what shell commands do you have it set to check?

Cheers!
Old 14th May 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Bev said :

"I've just discovered it doing all kinds of things I'm not happy about ........ and other nonsense which I have tracked down and KILLED."

Oh my gosh!

You poor Mac people. After all this time of bliss........

Welcome to the wonderful world of ........well, all the crap we Wintel people have "enjoyed" for years. Oh, the things you will soon learn that you never wanted to know.

heh

Regards,
Brian T
Old 14th May 2003
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
๐ŸŽง 15 years
But Brian, OSX on a REALLY bad day is still 100 times better than Windoze on a great day!dfegad heh

Old 14th May 2003
Mindreader

๐ŸŽง 15 years
To be honest, I was never that thriled about the inibility to track down stuff in OS9.

All this new stuff is a heck of a lot better than moving extensions in and out of folders the whole time.

And even though I have been giving OSX a slagging, the only thing that has EVER given me trouble is the audio drivers, which are gradually being ironed out.

It will never feel like windows. Good.
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…