Quantcast
Logic/PT basic question..... - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Logic/PT basic question.....
Old 5th May 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Logic/PT basic question.....

I picked up Logic Platinum this weekend (ver 5, the dealer didn't have 6 in stock but will upgrade)

I'm getting differing stories. I just want to know that Logic will use the digi hardware for tracking (2 888's 1 adat bridge) .....I don't care about plugins (tdm) or mixing in logic. Just need to get the tracks in. so I have to own the TDM bridge to accomplish that? (maybe so for routing with no latency to cue mix out's n stuff?)

also have a MTP av.....will I need to purchase the Unitor or some other more up to date piece? we do very little MIDI in PT.
thanks for any help....scuse the ignorance. Too much new gear at one time!
Old 5th May 2003
Mac Moderator

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Yep. Just set Logic to use DAE in the 'Audio Hardware and Drivers page of the Audio menu, and it'll use all the Hardware thats available to DAE.

As regards the MTP.. Well a Unitor will give you better midi Timing (certainly under OS9) with Logic, but an MTP will do just fine.
If your connected to the MTP Via USB, you'll need to have it configured using OMS. If it's a serial MTP, you can tell Logic to connect to the serial port natively which most guys feel gives more solid midi timing.

Hope this helps?

Al.
Old 5th May 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by MCal
Yep. Just set Logic to use DAE in the 'Audio Hardware and Drivers page of the Audio menu, and it'll use all the Hardware thats available to DAE.

As regards the MTP.. Well a Unitor will give you better midi Timing (certainly under OS9) with Logic, but an MTP will do just fine.
If your connected to the MTP Via USB, you'll need to have it configured using OMS. If it's a serial MTP, you can tell Logic to connect to the serial port natively which most guys feel gives more solid midi timing.

Hope this helps?

Al.
Thanks you ! Helps big time.... The guys at the dealer aren't too up to speed on Logic
๐Ÿ“ Reply