001/002 ptoolz and g4 config????? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
001/002 ptoolz and g4 config?????
Old 28th April 2003
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
Cool 001/002 ptoolz and g4 config?????

Hello,
i'm in the process of setting myself up with a mixing station. The setup is going to be either a 001 or 002 with a g4 (either 867 or 1 gig processor) with mackie hr 824's. Does anyone have any of these configurations? Which one is preferable? Do plug ins for the 001 work with the 002?
An engineer in the know sent me this email and so i'm trying to figure out what to do---002 does not work with PT 6 (OS X) yet. I haven't tested extensively myself, but I believe that older plug-ins will not work once you go to 5.3.1, or 6. 002 only works with 5.3.1 (and will eventually work with some update of 6). I would recommend waiting on the jump to 6 and OS X. I have only demoed it, but colleagues who have tried it in production have regretted it. Hopefully later this year an update will come out that will be ready for serious work. I suspect that digi released it before it was really ready due to pressure to have an os X product in the marketplace - pretty much par for the course these days. 5.1.x only works with 001, mbox, and mix systems (plus older versions).
Pro-tools HD and 002 need at least 5.3.1. You're pretty much screwed with your cracked plug-ins. For the ones you own
you should be able to get cheap or free updates.
So in conclusion if you want to be able to use your plug-ins you need to buy an obsolete system....and i plan on buying it just fyi.
Old 28th April 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Re: 001/002 ptoolz and g4 config?????

Quote:
Originally posted by sonicmike
002 does not work with PT 6 (OS X) yet.
that's correct.

Quote:
Originally posted by sonicmike
You're pretty much screwed with your cracked plug-ins. For the ones you own you should be able to get cheap or free updates.
So in conclusion if you want to be able to use your plug-ins you need to buy an obsolete system....
yup and quite frankly deep down inside I have the 'idealistic' hope that it stays that way. (k)'s are a disease more then they are a blessing imho.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…