Have a look here

http://duc.digidesign.com/cgi-bin/ub...931;p=1#000007

Snippage-

One DUC members experience '

Natural Sound r
DUC Member # 1639
posted April 14, 2003 10:38 PM ___ __ __ _ _ _ __ __
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Well, here's what I found- Would like if someone could confirm my findings though.
1- The 4 virtual PT busses don't work. First of all they are receive only. They won't show up in the session setup window as a MTC destination. (this is sort of understandable) Logic however, can see them and i attempted to send MTC to PT through one of them. I enabled them in the MIDI Input Devices as well as in the Peripherials as receiveing from Generic MTC. It was a NO GO.
2- The Freeware MIDI Patchby does work quite well-
You can set up a Virtual bus there just like PT tried to do, and send MTC in either direction. Slight downside is that you must launch this program before launching Logic or PT. and you may have to reset the MIDI Input Devices in PT.
3- Discovered some roaches along the way.
I'm sure everyone has a different way of doing these things, but I liked to send MTC from PT to Logic and have logic send MMC back to PT- This is so I can play or record from either app. This worked great with the IAC within OMS.
But after I got both logic and PT working this way with the "Midi Patchbay" anytime I went to the MIDI Input Devices window in PT- even if I didn't change anything- simply opening and closing the window will cause PT to no longer see MMC messages. It requires a complete Quit and relaunch of PT. "

Has anyone here tried to get logic & PT OSX going on one Mac yet?
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…