Quantcast
Anyone running PT6 with a Mix system? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Anyone running PT6 with a Mix system?
Old 7th April 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Anyone running PT6 with a Mix system?

Any tales to tell????....which G4 are you using?

How did your plug-in upgrades to i-lok go? There'll all i-lok now, right?

How spendy was the whole plug-in upgrade situation?

Did you have to buy a USB midi box?

Will you have to spend the same again to upgrade plug's to HD when (if) you do that? I'm concerned I'll get stung with plug upgrade costs if I go to PT6 b4 going to HD...

thanks!
Old 8th April 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
PT 6 24 Mix

G4 733 QS

Have Inflator up and running. D2 and D3 in 30 day demo mode whilst Digi UK process my registration and get Digi US to authorize them on my iLok account. Need to update Autotune for all these bad vocalists I use too ;-)

Autotune will be Β£150 or so to upgrade I think (can't remember) otherwise no further expense spent (not a great plug-in user yet - still prefer outboard).

I already have an Emagic amt8 but as you'll see on another thread I'm not getting sample accurate midi timing from it in PT's 6 so I may switch to the Digi Midi I/O.

I doubt I'll switch to HD for a while yet - I've just had a baby boy and he needs to be clothed and fed :-)

The only problem I've had during this whole upgrade was installing OS 10.2. My installer disks were faulty and caused my G4 to kernel panic after boot-up. Took a week and much stress to find the cause.

My only complaint is the midi timing delays still not being consistant and slightly sluggish audio waveform re-draws.

Burt
Old 11th April 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Re: PT 6 24 Mix

Hi Burt

Thanks for the report. Looks promising. The midi interface issue is a bit odd, the digi box is Β£500 and if Chris says it's not even doing the job fully...

Do you have your 'audio' computer connected to the Internet, more to the point do you have to to manage ilok??

thanks
Old 11th April 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
PT 6

Hi Renie

I only have my Pro Tools G4 connected to the internet for downloading Apple/Digi updates, otherwise, no.

I installed Sony Inflator using the iLok system - not a problem so far. Digi UK are in the process of porting over my D2 D3 authorizations... I need to update Autotune too.

Burt
Old 11th April 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Re: PT 6

Quote:
Originally posted by Burt
Hi Renie

I only have my Pro Tools G4 connected to the internet for downloading Apple/Digi updates, otherwise, no.

I installed Sony Inflator using the iLok system - not a problem so far. Digi UK are in the process of porting over my D2 D3 authorizations... I need to update Autotune too.

Burt
Hey Burt

Just to clarify, you don't need your target computer connected to the Internet
in order to establish iLok authorizations, updates etc. correct?

Cheers!
Old 11th April 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
iLok

Erm - I think you do actually - the iLok site checks for the presence of the iLok on your system, so I guess you do.

that's how I did it anyway!

kd
Old 11th April 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Re: iLok

Quote:
Originally posted by Burt
Erm - I think you do actually - the iLok site checks for the presence of the iLok on your system, so I guess you do.

that's how I did it anyway!

kd

OK! Goddit!!

cheers kd
πŸ“ Reply