Quantcast
Mac, how to order song folders chronologically eg Jan, Feb etc instead of alphabetica - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mac, how to order song folders chronologically eg Jan, Feb etc instead of alphabetica
Old 10th February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Mac, how to order song folders chronologically eg Jan, Feb etc instead of alphabetica

I have my audio hard drive with all my Logic songs in there. Each song has it's own folder containing everything used by that song eg song file, audio etc.
I sort my song folders into Month and Year folders eg
January 2007, February 2008 etc.
I want to order them in the finder window chronologically rather than alphabetically.
Eg.
January 2007
February 2007 etc

It would be much easier to read and understand.

Is there a way to do this in OS10.4.

Maybe gearslutz isn't the most appropriate place to ask such a computer related question. This is the only forum I come to at the moment.

Thanks,
Roman.
Old 10th February 2009
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
If you're using "January, February, etc..." I don't know if the OS will recognize as a date, but you can probably come up with a numbering system based on the date like "01-2009, 02-2009, etc...".

If you want to view projects by last date modified, just change your finder window view to Veiw > As List. Then select the Date Modified header.
Old 10th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Sort by date modified. It's at the top of the finder window.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…