UAD Neve 33609 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
UAD Neve 33609
Old 9th February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
UAD Neve 33609

Hi there,

I'm looking for someone who can run my mix through a UAD 33609. I demo-ed this thing when I just got into UAD a long time ago, but I'm afraid I demo-ed too many plugs at once (they all sounds so darn good!) and kinda forgot about this one. I have almost all UAD comps, except the Fairchild which isn't really my cup of tea. I'm wondering how the 33609 will affect my mix, after hearing so many good things about it. I checked the mix buss compression video on UAD's site but that's electronic stuff and I do different things.

Also, I mix at 48/24, but have only a UAD Xpander (equals one UAD card). I've read that the 33609 takes about 70% at 44.1/24, so I'm wondering wether or not I can run an instance of this plugin at 48/24? I can freeze all my other stuff so that's no problem.

Anyone? Would be very appreciated!
Old 9th February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I have a UAD 1 but am willing to give it a go.

PM'd you me email.

G
Old 9th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
great sounding plug but i wish i could sell the licence for it and buy a different uad plug cos my two uad cards dont like 40 percent of their power used on one plug no matter how fantastic sounding...

actually, anyone know if licences can be sold, transferred or swapped any how?

Zz.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
The plugs are registered to your name and you buy additional hardware to run them (the cards). When you sell the cards, you sell them with just the stock plugs. Additional plugs stay on your account and run on whatever hardware is regestered to that account.

Peace

G

🎧 10 years
like the other neve plugins, the 33609 upsamples the signal in realtime, so no matter what sample rate you are working at it uses the same amount of dsp. (I don't think the 33609 does 192khz, but who uses 192? gross)

anyway, if you are serious about wanting to demo the plug, just email UA. they do demo resets all the time for good, honest customers (which are all of us since you can't crack UAD plugs! oh blessed card/dongle)
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I always use the 33609 in LE mode, which gives me multiple instances. It does take a bit of the edge off the source, so if that's what you desire it should work great. Lately I've been trying out the Precision Maximizer on the mixdown track before bouncing out to iTunes. It seems to be fairly transparent, with no signal degradation unless you really hit it hard.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
uad2quad... that's what you need not to worry (a lot) about 33609 count in your mix .
Old 10th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle duncan ➡️
Lately I've been trying out the Precision Maximizer on the mixdown track before bouncing out to iTunes. It seems to be fairly transparent, with no signal degradation unless you really hit it hard.
Oh yeah! Just gives it a little sizzle.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimey ➡️
like the other neve plugins, the 33609 upsamples the signal in realtime, so no matter what sample rate you are working at it uses the same amount of dsp. (I don't think the 33609 does 192khz, but who uses 192? gross)

anyway, if you are serious about wanting to demo the plug, just email UA. they do demo resets all the time for good, honest customers (which are all of us since you can't crack UAD plugs! oh blessed card/dongle)
Thanks, will do.

Is it true that it doesn't matter at which sample rate I work? So, it will take 70% as well, when mixing at 96 khz? My other UAD plugs seem to need more DSP at higher sample rates.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Hey Peter,

I just uploaded the file for you.

You should have a PM

Peace

G
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
If you email UA and ask them to reset the demo periods they usually will.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Thanks for your work slaphappygarry and thanks for the comments!
📝 Reply