Firewire Bandwith Issue? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Firewire Bandwith Issue?
Old 9th February 2009
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Firewire Bandwith Issue?

Can someone (maybe) clarify why the following scenario could occur:

I was running Logic 8 on 2.8Ghz MacPro using a firewire MOTU MK2 as audio interface. Additionally, I use a M-Audio Ozonic (another FW device) for quick MIDI input. The MK2 was connected to the rear port, Ozonic to the front port of the MacPro. No issues with drop outs or glitching.

Recently updated to MOTU MK3; capable of higher 96K sampling rates. (I don't know if that matters, but just in case...) Now, when using the Ozonic, there is a intermittent drop out of audio from the MK3 and no MIDI input from the Ozonic keyboard.

Q: Is there some kind of "bandwidth reservation" that is occuring due the POSSIBILITY of higher sampling rates.

I'm totally in the dark on this one, but not at all happy that I can't use the Ozonic for quick hit work. (Hooking up a power supply and MIDI cable would clutter the workspace.)

Any advice appreciated!
Old 10th February 2009
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Nothing? Not a clue? From the 'Slutz? C'mon......
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…