Waves now with a "24 payments / 0% interest" plan - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Waves now with a "24 payments / 0% interest" plan
Old 9th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by computa ➑️
payments r written off anyway. It's good for businesses that have cash flow but cant drop the whole knot.
Perhaps, but I strongly disagree with the premise of financing plugins.
Tui
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by theblue1 ➑️
Don't get me wrong.

It appears very much that we need to do something or we will see widespread collapse that will take many, many years (maybe decades) to grow beyond.

With regard to debt -- consumer debt, mortgages, the banks, they're icing on the cake -- the real black hole has been government borrowing and expenditure; 8 years ago the government was running in the black but now has generated an epochal mountain of corrosive debt.

What's amusing -- in that not so ha ha way -- is that some of the very same legislators and power blocs that voted over and over to spend and borrow over the last 8 years are NOW purporting to be 'fiscal conservatives.' I don't know who they think they're fooling -- but they ain't fooling this ol' cowboy.
Well, yes. You got that right.

So what, do you reckon, should we do? If things progress in the way they have been so far, i.e. the global economy disappearing up its own backside, I foresee serious civil unrest. Perhaps worse.
Deleted 1a30a04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tui ➑️
Yup.

The banks are stealing our money. It's called "bailout" - funded by us, the taxpayers. Bailout my arse. That money is GONE. Get used to it. There will be more, Obama or whatever puppet occupies the White House/No.10/parliaments around the world.
I love where these Waves threads wind up.
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
I'm no economist... but I can feel the economy's alimentary canal locking up tight.

When an organism is healthy, I figure it's usually best to leave well enough alone, as much as possible.

But when an organism reaches an existential emergency, I think sometimes you have to drag it into the ER and do what you have to do just to save it...

My analogy may be less than perfect.

My old man, a bullet ********** (a straight-ticket voter, as it were) came from a very **********, laissez faire oriented background. His parents would go on about FDR and the New Deal and how it was the beginning of the end of American Democracy.

My dad would pull me aside and say, Well, you know, basically I believe in the smallest government possible -- but I think FDR saved the US from a really nasty collapse. Maybe a fascist takeover by US as well as international economic interests...

A lot of people don't realize it, but there was a real movement inside certain power elites for a "benevolent" dictator, a la Mussolini.

One of the most influential men in the US was openly promoting such an "emergency takeover" (including suspension of Habeas Corpus rights, takeover of state and local governments and major industries by the federal government). That man? Publishing giant of the first half of the 20th century, William Randolph Hearst.

If you want to see his thinking, check out the 1933 movie "Gabriel Over the White House" -- an utterly bizarre political-religious fantasy that Hearst pushed through with his own money that featured a divine intervention to create such a totalitarian state in the US, complete with building a massive military and giving it domestic powers through martial law, establishing secret police and special show trials for government-designated "enemies of the people."

The next year, Hearst traveled to Hitler's massive Nuremburg Rally to show his support for his good works there.

Of course, Hearst was far from the only wealthy US industrialist pushing for Fascism. American icon, Henry Ford, was a big supporter of Hitler right up to the end, sending money to help support Hitler as late as 1943. Probably the reason my old man, who was stationed in Italy after the European invasion began, would never ever buy a Ford.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
another factor with waves is whether or not you agree with the proposed boycott of Israeli products
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by loaf ➑️
another factor with waves is whether or not you agree with the proposed boycott of Israeli products
Okay... Somebody please lock this thread.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Shepperd ➑️
I think I may be with Tony on this 1...
GS Community Manager

Quote:
Amen. Waves threads are about as unpredictable as brick walls nowadays.

Recent posters: please take it to the political forum... or keep it to yourselves.
Deleted User
Quote:
+1
Tui
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by theblue1 ➑️
If you want to see his thinking, check out the 1933 movie "Gabriel Over the White House" -- an utterly bizarre political-religious fantasy that Hearst pushed through with his own money that featured a divine intervention to create such a totalitarian state in the US, complete with building a massive military and giving it domestic powers through martial law, establishing secret police and special show trials for government-designated "enemies of the people."
Well, yes, these people are INSANE, there is not a more appropriate word for it. And they are in charge of the global economy. Bush's granddaddy was another one...

As long as our contemporaries are aware of what is occurring - daylight robbery of our savings, and our future - perhaps we still have a chance to counteract the process.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Yeah for God's sake lock this thread - Jeez does this ALWAYS have to happen with Waves threads.
Tui
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Steady now.

I'm not going to post any more non-Waves comments.

Soooooooo.....

0% interest? Really? That's amazing.
Old 10th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

5 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Can you Wave haters just keep your comments to yourself, your not helping at all on these threads.

Their SSL, API, JJP, and V Series are the best sounding plug ins out there. UAD has on par plugs as well. No one is forcing you to buy tWAves plug ins, so if you don't like WUP, just don't buy their plug ins.

They have been very friendly and helpful to me every time. The purpose of this thread is letting people know about the no interest for 24 months. Let's just stick to that p l e a s e.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Putting the package on your 6%, 12% or even 18% credit card and purchasing at a 20-30% discount is simply WAY cheaper than "0% interest" but at full retail. Of course, paying with cash at 30% discount is even better.

Any credit card or line of credit will have a better interest rate than the zero discount price from Waves. Now if they want to give us deal, they'll offer 0% interest for 24 months, include 2 years of WUP (while you're making those payments), AND give a 30% discount. I would probably go for that one...
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Then stop using your computer, if you are one who agrees with the idea.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Also, you could probably get 6 to 12 months to pay with no interest on a card from Sweatwater and the like. I guess they're still extending credit. Just looked and I think SW has knocked it down to 90 days for new accounts... oh, well.
Tui
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I will, however, add this:

Taking on more credit for a bunch of plug-ins, in the current climate of uncertainty, doesn't seem like such a good idea.
Old 11th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Whoah! Where'd that come from? Israeli products -- I'll buy them if they fit a purpose. I have nothing against any race or nationality and don't agree with any sort of boycott.

I use Waves everyday. I like them since they get me the results I need. Of course other plugins could do it as well but I already own my Waves so doesn't make sense to change just because it's "waves". (kind of like performance driving, I'm sure an Audi RS4 will get me great results but I'll stick with the BMW M5 cuz... I already have one so negates the need to change)

Of course I don't like WUP but that comes up every 1.5 years or so--when I do a rehaul of my OS and software. So that's not that bad. Of course, I would like it if they could be like other companies (Sonnox for example) and be more reasonable. But then again, their products help me make a good living. No real complaints here.....
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I think we should give WAVES some credit...
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Wait, they say on their website explaining the monthly payment plan that "All purchases include one full year of Waves Update Plan coverage".

Then, their sign-up contract says that "All products purchased under Waves monthly payment program cannot be upgraded until the end of the payment period".

So, we can have free updates for a year, we just can't actually have free updates?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphatrax ➑️
Wait, they say on their website explaining the monthly payment plan that "All purchases include one full year of Waves Update Plan coverage".

Then, their sign-up contract says that "All products purchased under Waves monthly payment program cannot be upgraded until the end of the payment period".

So, we can have free updates for a year, we just can't actually have free updates?
Nobody can "WUP" u quite like waves can "WUP" u...
Tui
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEYBEEETSSS ➑️
Nobody can "WUP" u quite like waves can "WUP" u...
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Now the question is, whether the computer or plug-ins people financed will depreciate faster.
Old 13th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Absolutely I agree with a boycott on Israeli products - I urge recording enthusiasts everywhere to temper their desire to own waves software until a reasonable two state solution is achieved
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Absolutely I agree with a boycott on Israeli products - I urge recording enthusiasts everywhere to temper their desire to own waves software until a reasonable two state solution is achieved
Keep this stuff in some other forums that are non-audio related. Let's NOT talk politics here.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I foresee serious civil unrest. Perhaps worse.
And not before bloody time.

Quote:
Steady now.

I'm not going to post any more non-Waves comments.

Soooooooo.....

0% interest? Really? That's amazing.
Lol!! Nice recovery
Pss. I'm with you, no sweet potatoes for my dinner tonight

Now they're gonna get really mad... By the way guys, it doesn't matter where those comments get posted, the zionist mafia is on our backs over this whol bloody forum, you'd think it was overrun by Americans.. no, wait....
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…