Quantcast
WTF Is Going on with Line 6 Gearbox and Podfarm? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
WTF Is Going on with Line 6 Gearbox and Podfarm?
Old 8th February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
WTF Is Going on with Line 6 Gearbox and Podfarm?

I haven't been able to get Podfarm or Gearbox working with PT or Logic 8 . I downloaded the latest version of both and they crash PT (Can't even open the plugin). In logic it just hangs on the AU Plugin Manager screen and even when I abort, I can't force quit it. I have to hold down the power button on my Mac to shut the damn thing off. This is completely unacceptable. I paid good money for this ****, and it should work.

Anyone else able to run PodFarm or Gearbox in PT8?
Old 8th February 2009
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTone ➑️
I haven't been able to get Podfarm or Gearbox working with PT or Logic 8 . I downloaded the latest version of both and they crash PT (Can't even open the plugin). In logic it just hangs on the AU Plugin Manager screen and even when I abort, I can't force quit it. I have to hold down the power button on my Mac to shut the damn thing off. This is completely unacceptable. I paid good money for this ****, and it should work.

oh no. i have been researching my new logic8 based ystem for ages and decided pod farm was going to be a big part of it. and now this.

please tell me it isn't so!

please tell me it's not so...seems to work fine on our imacs at work, but they are logic pro 7/ tiger. have also tried it in protools HD (7) and it works ok, except for a graphical problem which means the plug-in window displays incorrectly (a big grey border down the left hand side of the windwo, with some of the right hand graphics disappearing off the right hand side (including volume controls!).
Old 8th February 2009
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
PodFarm runs fine here in PT8. No problems.
Old 8th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
All working on my Mac Pro in Logic 8..
Latest updates...
Later
Old 9th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I had some trouble with it as well. It ended up being that I had the usb cable from my podxt pro plugged into a usb hub rather than straight into the computer. That fixed it, though it still took a long time to authorize in logic. It was "scanning au" for a good 5mins +
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Hmmm. I think I have my podxt pluged into the keyboards usb port. Was working fine in PT and Logic when I had my G5. But I haven't gotten it to work in PT 8 or my new Mac Pro. I'll try plugging it directly into a usb port on the Mac Pro and will report back.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Ok, so looks like my problem was that I had my POD XT's USB plugged into the port on the keyboard. Still really buggy with PT8. For some reason it just totally craps out on me like most of the Native Instrument VI's do.

In Logic Studio 8 it works like a charm (just like all the Native Instruments VIs).

I guess it's a good thing I use both Logic and Pro Tools.

So those of you having success using Podfarm in Pro Tools 8. What is your setup. I can get it playing for awhile and then I hear this nasty stuttering noise and then I get an error. The same thing happens with most if not all the Native Instrument stuff too.

My setup is:

Mac Pro Quadcore 2.8ghz
10GB Ram
OSX 10.5.5
PT 8.0cs1
Podfarm 1.03
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
So those of you having success using Podfarm in Pro Tools 8. What is your setup.
I haven't used it a whole lot, but I am only using the plug-in in PT8. I don't have a POD XT.

Mac Pro Quad Core 3.0
16GB RAM
OSX 10.5.5
PT HD 8.0cs1
PodFarm 1.03

🎧 10 years
Pod Farm Platinum w/ pT8 Zero problems so far.
Killer Amp plug-in BTW thumbsupthumbsup
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Thanks for all the replies. Glad to see that it may be something with my system and not the Podfarm. I guess I'll just call Line 6 and ask them for help because as of right now, Podfarm is unusable for me in PT 8.
Old 12th May 2009
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Can't delete Pod Farm

Have Logic 8, PODXT and during Monkey process somehow decided I needed to download Pod Farm too, which of course doesn't work b/c I didn't buy it. So now every time I start up Logic it hangs up a bit looking for the Pod Farm plug-in, even though I uninstalled Pod Farm from applications. Pod Farm still shows up in Monkey, no matter what I do. Any ideas?
Old 12th May 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
I'm using a POD Studio GX, which is the smallest Line 6 interface - single input, no preamp. I keep it connected directly to one USB port on my MacBook. I was able to use a powered USB hub, but going directly to the laptop is more reliable.

I don't run ProTools, but I do run Logic. When using Logic, I like to use a different audio interface - M-Audio FireWire Solo. I keep the POD Studio plugged in so I can use the plugin. The plugin requires an authorized Line 6 device be connected, even if you don't use it as an interface, so basically it becomes a dongle. I had a big problem with Logic hanging for about the first month I had this setup. I could only clear things by holding the power button and shutting everything down. What I discovered is that it seems the POD Farm plugin will hang trying to authorize the plugin if Logic is using an interface other than the Line 6 hardware. My solution is to always launch the POD Farm standalone application BEFORE starting Logic. Since I've started doing this, Logic has never hung on startup like it used to.

Short version: launch POD Farm standalone app before starting your DAW.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Hasn't PT8 been kind of a disaster for a lot of amp modelers? Something about the way it handles multi-core has apparently broken a lot of plugins.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Ironic as I just downloaded the latest drivers and Monkey for my XT Live.
I was actually considering getting the bundle on my ilok,but I may wait.
I'm using Logic 8 mainly,but been messing around with PT 8 lately.

I'll wait it out for a bit longer.
πŸ“ Reply