Quantcast
Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin - Page 96 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin
Old 9th August 2020 | Show parent
  #2851
Gear Maniac
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenevolver ➡️
I hope that all is ok with you because you sound very ominous. Wish you all the best.

Anyway The Glue is already amazeballs. If you can’t make your mixes sound ‘more 3D’ with the current version, I’m afraid the HD version won’t be at your assistance either. I suggest to observe how a real SSL compressor works (YouTube, even). The reason of not being able to utilise analog emulation plugins properly is because most of the times the user is not familiar with the real unit. That is why someone who has experience with real analog synths and compressors, can make a plugin sound more analog too.

Always rely on tools that are available at the moment and don’t wait for future products because you never know... Anything can happen at anytime and you might get disappointed.

I’m more excited about that 1176 and that Cytomic Synth.

By the way Andy, if you read this. Would that be possible for you to list all the currently available products on the market that you have worked on?

These are the ones I’m aware of:
Cytomic
FX Pansion Synth Squad + Compressor
Xfer LFO Tool/Serum filters
Logic Pro Alchemy Sharp filter
Ableton Sampler EQ8 filter (basically Cytomic MD 2x OS).

Thank you!

Few times in the studio I have sat and did a precise calibration test with SSL Buss compressor and UAD's hardware 1176 against every plugin counterpart, and no plugin matches the saturation, natural-sounding compression without spitting out transients...

If it was all about "Mixing is an art" topic, There are already thousands of hit records already without any SSL compressor even being used. Even with the 1st version of inaccurate UAD's SSL, there have been multiple hit songs...

Even with oversampling. If you do a printed null test of non oversampled vs oversampled file, in majority cases, you won't hear anything and even if there are few things, will be below -60db. So, To oversample or not?

Andy sir wouldn't have written actively on 94 pages on quality of modeling, few dedicated posts on oversampling... So good luck with your 3D mixing.. Obviously mixing is an art.

When companies haven't even modeled precisely and accurately every single capacitor and component in theory & there are few compromises done for least CPU usage how can they be even closer/equivalent to Analog compressor?
Old 10th August 2020 | Show parent
  #2852
Cytomic
 
andy-cytomic's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziko123 ➡️
@ Andy Sir please release the UHD mode of Glue and (1176 if possible in this year 2020) that will be the most accurate modelling of any hardware.

Not kidding, but after reading the 94 pages for continuous 3 hours and grasping the knowledge, I fear if I get any accident or die, before witnessing the HD & UHD versions of your plugins.. :(

As one thing is very clear, unlike other companies who are into quick plugins release every often for money, with typical artificial compression sound, you are the guy who has a vision and confidence to model every single capacitor or component of an analog gear..

This will be a breakout sir, and will compel other plugin companies to follow you the same, when users will rave about the quality of your release.
Something as milestone, like you say everytime 3D rendering.
Otherwise if you won't, digital audio industry isn't going to innovate or get better with time on its own..

All plugins even in 2020 still sound 2 dimentional, and no compression sounds as natural, effortless as any hardware does..

Please consider this, keep aside other works and release this year HD & UHD version.
I wish to use them before anything happens to me.
Thanks for your post! The rub of being an indie plugin developer means that when there are bugs and updates to be done then new features and plugin development grinds to a halt, but rest assured I'm still chipping away at things and progress is being made

I've always had a hunch that multiple subtle non-linearities all add up to a smoother type sound, and a little while back this was proved as I compared some of the models in The Drop with versions that cut down on the number of non-linear elements being modelled, and the result was not as smooth sounding as the version with all the non-linearities.

This is also the case with The Scream, where I've got a lower cpu mode which still sounds good but not quite as nice as the full model. I expect this to be the case with the upcoming HD model of The Glue as well, and extra level of velvet on top of the current sound, but with the addition of stereo component variation I think this will be even more the case.
Old 10th August 2020 | Show parent
  #2853
Cytomic
 
andy-cytomic's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenevolver ➡️
...

By the way Andy, if you read this. Would that be possible for you to list all the currently available products on the market that you have worked on?

These are the ones I’m aware of:
Cytomic
FX Pansion Synth Squad + Compressor
Xfer LFO Tool/Serum filters
Logic Pro Alchemy Sharp filter
Ableton Sampler EQ8 filter (basically Cytomic MD 2x OS).

Thank you!
In chronological order:

* vellocet vreorder realtime slicing and delay plugin
* vellocet vfilter and dsp (licensed to fxpansion and steve duda lfo tool/serum)
* fxpandion synth squad 1 oscillators and filters and some effects dsp (also used in bfd)
* cytomic glue
* cytomic linear svf code (open source) given to ableton for eq8
* licensed glue to ableton
* helped ben from camel fix some alchemy filters done by antti
* cytomic drop non-linear filters
* licensed some drop filters to ableton
* cytomic scream non-linear stomp box
Old 5th September 2020 | Show parent
  #2854
Gear Head
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy-cytomic ➡️
Today marks 10 years since the first beta of The Glue was released! A huge thanks to everyone that has supported Cytomic. I'm looking forward to getting the HD version of The Glue out this year and to the next 10 years of plugin making.
Hi Andy.
I have an edition of The Glue on my computer, I believe it is version 1.1.2 or sumptn like that.
I remember buying it when there was a rave about it some time back. And I seem to remember that it was a sweet deal at that time. It still works in my computer, but I cant find any email with the serial or code, in my system. I cant seem to be able to log in to your site neither. How was this distributed some time back? May I have bought it at some resellers site? Is there any upgrade options etc?

Best regards
Kay
Old 2nd October 2020
  #2855
Here for the gear
 
Is there any point in waiting for Black Friday / Cyber Monday before purchasing it? Historically speaking, has The Glue ever gone on sale before?
Old 2nd October 2020 | Show parent
  #2856
Lives for gear
 
21 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlingen ➡️
Is there any point in waiting for Black Friday / Cyber Monday before purchasing it? Historically speaking, has The Glue ever gone on sale before?
They don't do sales. But you get a discount applied if you own other Cytomic products.
Old 6th December 2020 | Show parent
  #2857
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Anyone wants to sell their The Glue? Make me an offer
Old 6th December 2020 | Show parent
  #2858
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulderFBI ➡️
Anyone wants to sell their The Glue? Make me an offer
you can have mine when you pry it out of my cold dead hands
Old 6th December 2020 | Show parent
  #2859
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepCircle ➡️
you can have mine when you pry it out of my cold dead hands
Awwww....
Old 6th December 2020 | Show parent
  #2860
Gear Nut
 
🎧 5 years
I don‘t really use it anymore. So I‘d sell it for 60 bucks.
Old 8th December 2020 | Show parent
  #2861
Gear Maniac
 
Modular_8's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy-cytomic ➡️
In chronological order:

* vellocet vreorder realtime slicing and delay plugin
really! i loved that plug in and used/abused it for years. I miss it still. on the surface it seems like something that's been done in a modern way and expanded on but i've yet to find another plug in or max for live device that has the same feel and makes the same shapes. it had a very generative granular way about it.

it was possible to make drum parts evolve with it in really interesting ways and i loved how there was a bit of start up latency to it when the buffer would fill up on the first pass.. then when stopping the transport on the DAW or whatever host.. it would spit out a bunch of rearranged and delayed samples.

i used it on everything. vellocet is long gone now. i've looked around for the latest version of the plug in. i still have a winXP machine that has it on there if i really want to have a go with it.

anyway.. just wanted to say thanks for that plug in. it lived in every audiomulch patch i ever made.
Old 9th December 2020 | Show parent
  #2862
Gear Maniac
 
@ andy-cytomic Not fair sir, no update, it's getting too late..
Old 21st February 2021 | Show parent
  #2863
Here for the gear
 
Where’s the promised update?

I wish a future update would bring a bit of analog character / mojo into it, I’ve been using it extensively and I thought I liked it a lot until I A/B’d it against other SSL Comps (townhouse, waves, ssl native) .

IME it sounds sterile compared to other ssl comps out there. There is something going on in the High Mids and High Frequencies that I don’t really care for. I’m sure this can be beneficial to some genres or styles but IMO it sounds too clinical for rock.
Old 21st February 2021 | Show parent
  #2864
Gear Addict
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fendrix ➡️
Where’s the promised update?

I wish a future update would bring a bit of analog character / mojo into it, I’ve been using it extensively and I like it until I A/B it against other SSL Comps. It does sound too digital and sterile compared to other ssl comps out there. I’m sure this can be beneficial to some genres or styles but IMO it sounds too clinical for rock.
I really hope they don't
Old 12th June 2021 | Show parent
  #2865
Gear Maniac
 
@ andy-cytomic When is the update coming ? :(
Old 13th June 2021 | Show parent
  #2866
Lives for gear
 
DSpec1's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by drhardlove ➡️
Hi Andy.
I have an edition of The Glue on my computer, I believe it is version 1.1.2 or sumptn like that.
I remember buying it when there was a rave about it some time back. And I seem to remember that it was a sweet deal at that time. It still works in my computer, but I cant find any email with the serial or code, in my system. I cant seem to be able to log in to your site neither. How was this distributed some time back? May I have bought it at some resellers site? Is there any upgrade options etc?

Best regards
Kay
I am in the exact position as you.
Old 21st June 2021 | Show parent
  #2867
Here for the gear
 
Anyone knows anything about the man? I search for Cytomic and all I can see is features/products that have been announced literally years ago and yet nothing new.

One thing is for sure. I wouldn’t wanna be without Cytomic! Most staple tools for everything I do. Please someone confirm he is ok!
Old 21st June 2021 | Show parent
  #2868
Lives for gear
 
Bouroki's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by greendrinkkink ➡️
Anyone knows anything about the man? I search for Cytomic and all I can see is features/products that have been announced literally years ago and yet nothing new.

One thing is for sure. I wouldn’t wanna be without Cytomic! Most staple tools for everything I do. Please someone confirm he is ok!
He has been around on kvr... probably just busy with other stuff.
Old 21st June 2021 | Show parent
  #2869
Lives for gear
 
21 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by greendrinkkink ➡️
Please someone confirm he is ok!
Andy is ok. He's living life. Still working on things plugin related but definitely at his own pace.
Old 22nd June 2021 | Show parent
  #2870
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Whilst there's a bit of action around here.
Has anyone had any issues with the the Glue in Logic ProX recently?
Very occasionally, I get a full scale DC bang and the whole audio engine locks up (ie nothing plays). Then after removing The Glue, from various busses, it all works again. However, like I mentioned, this is only occasionally.

Anyway, hope ya doing well Andy. (Still in Perth?)
Old 23rd June 2021 | Show parent
  #2871
Cytomic
 
andy-cytomic's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziko123 ➡️
@ andy-cytomic When is the update coming ? :(
I don't have an accurate time estimate for when an updated version of The Glue will be released. When it does come the release will support the ARM based M1 chip as native, and that is more to do with updating to the latest Juce framework than anything else, which will also allow support for the VST3 plugin standard.
Old 23rd June 2021 | Show parent
  #2872
Cytomic
 
andy-cytomic's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by drhardlove ➡️
Hi Andy.
I have an edition of The Glue on my computer, I believe it is version 1.1.2 or sumptn like that.
I remember buying it when there was a rave about it some time back. And I seem to remember that it was a sweet deal at that time. It still works in my computer, but I cant find any email with the serial or code, in my system. I cant seem to be able to log in to your site neither. How was this distributed some time back? May I have bought it at some resellers site? Is there any upgrade options etc?

Best regards
Kay
We have records of all purchases, so please email support if you can't remember you Cytomic account username or email and we can help you track it down.

We do not sell through resellers, so if you didn't buy it from the Cytomic web page (apart from a license transfer) then you won't have a license, and you can't authorise the software without a license.
Old 23rd June 2021 | Show parent
  #2873
Cytomic
 
andy-cytomic's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrixx ➡️
Whilst there's a bit of action around here.
Has anyone had any issues with the the Glue in Logic ProX recently?
Very occasionally, I get a full scale DC bang and the whole audio engine locks up (ie nothing plays). Then after removing The Glue, from various busses, it all works again. However, like I mentioned, this is only occasionally.

Anyway, hope ya doing well Andy. (Still in Perth?)
Yep all good here in Perth, although it is winter and I do have a non-covid cold at the moment

Please make sure to be on the latest version of The Glue, and enable the "Check for invalid IO" option in the main menu (click the triple line "burger" menu to see this). A little "i o" will appear on the bottom right of the interface in green, and if either the input or output goes "bang" then the i or o will go red:



Also you won't hear the bang as The Glue will zero the sound for you.
Old 23rd June 2021 | Show parent
  #2874
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy-cytomic ➡️
Yep all good here in Perth, although it is winter and I do have a non-covid cold at the moment

Please make sure to be on the latest version of The Glue, and enable the "Check for invalid IO" option in the main menu (click the triple line "burger" menu to see this). A little "i o" will appear on the bottom right of the interface in green, and if either the input or output goes "bang" then the i or o will go red:



Also you won't hear the bang as The Glue will zero the sound for you.
Fantastic, thanks Andy!

Bloody freezing here in Adelaide too mate,
Hope ya feeling better soon

Cheers
Old 19th July 2021 | Show parent
  #2875
Cytomic
 
andy-cytomic's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrixx ➡️
Fantastic, thanks Andy!

Bloody freezing here in Adelaide too mate,
Hope ya feeling better soon

Cheers
Did you manage to find out what was going on with Logic Pro X and The Glue?
Old 19th July 2021 | Show parent
  #2876
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy-cytomic ➡️
Did you manage to find out what was going on with Logic Pro X and The Glue?
Hi Andy,
I have not been able to completely narrow it down.
Every so often., I will load a project I'm working on and it will go full scale DC, as indicated on DigicheckNG (RME metering software) and not pass audio.
It's really weird, because it will usually only be one instance of The Glue, that restricts things.
In many of my projects I'd have an instance of The Glue on various busses, like Drum Buss, Bass Buss, Master Buss.. and wherever else I'd like the flavour.
All I can say, is that it still bites me every now and then, but I know what to look for now.
It's a bit like ES2 (Logic synth) used to do about 10 years ago, sporadically.

Are there any log files I could send you, that might be useful, next time this happens?

Any way mate, hope you're keeping well.
Bring on some warmer weather!!

Cheers,
Matt
Old 19th July 2021 | Show parent
  #2877
Cytomic
 
andy-cytomic's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrixx ➡️
Hi Andy,
I have not been able to completely narrow it down.
Every so often., I will load a project I'm working on and it will go full scale DC, as indicated on DigicheckNG (RME metering software) and not pass audio.
It's really weird, because it will usually only be one instance of The Glue, that restricts things.
In many of my projects I'd have an instance of The Glue on various busses, like Drum Buss, Bass Buss, Master Buss.. and wherever else I'd like the flavour.
All I can say, is that it still bites me every now and then, but I know what to look for now.
It's a bit like ES2 (Logic synth) used to do about 10 years ago, sporadically.

Are there any log files I could send you, that might be useful, next time this happens?

Any way mate, hope you're keeping well.
Bring on some warmer weather!!

Cheers,
Matt
If you can keep that Check for Invalid I/O setting ticked then when something goes wrong open up The Glue and have a look at the little green / red "i / o" label, and let me know which one is red. If neither are red you've found in bug in Logic Pro X, probably to do with their latency compensation algorithm.
Old 19th July 2021 | Show parent
  #2878
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy-cytomic ➡️
If you can keep that Check for Invalid I/O setting ticked then when something goes wrong open up The Glue and have a look at the little green / red "i / o" label, and let me know which one is red. If neither are red you've found in bug in Logic Pro X, probably to do with their latency compensation algorithm.
Yes will do. I have been using that, but some of the other projects I've had to recall, have not had that meeting applied.
The times I have seen the red, have been both I ad O on that check.
Old 1 week ago
  #2879
Gear Maniac
Still waiting for HD version...
@ andy-cytomic , what knob "Range" actually does? I like it to be at 12 o'clock. Can you describe in simple words, please?
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #2880
Gear Addict
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by alxgvr ➡️
what knob "Range" actually does? I like it to be at 12 o'clock. Can you describe in simple words, please?
The "Range" knob limits the overall amount of compression the plugin produces. E.g. at the 12 o'clock position, the knob says -40, which means the compressor will not produce more than 40 dB GR. If you don't really nuke your tracks, you will probably never really run into situations where it matters. However, the GR which the meter shows is a fair bit lower, than the instant values. So, for example, when the meter is at 4 dB, occasional transients may trigger something like 10 dB GR instant.
You can run your own test, put two copies of the Glue with the same settings on two tracks and null them. Next, try changing the "Range" and check if there are occasional transients passing through on your typical settings.
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 4616 views: 618991
Avatar for smoke
smoke 7th May 2021
replies: 55 views: 34021
Avatar for IM WHO YOU THINK
IM WHO YOU THINK 13th October 2020
replies: 98 views: 40520
Avatar for dfghdhr
dfghdhr 5th June 2021
replies: 1296 views: 185522
Avatar for heraldo_jones
heraldo_jones 1st February 2016
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump