Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin - Page 92 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin
Old 7th October 2017 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by meloco_go ➡️
That is seriously cool! It would be really interesting to see how it pans out in The Scream, and what it would do in The Glue HD.
It's pretty subtle unless the tolerances are large, but it does add a little bit of stereo width as the left and right are processed slightly differently. Mono sources will be slightly panned due to small volume differences in the left and right channels, and this also causes some subtle dynamic panning depending on the action of the compressor.
Old 9th October 2017 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy-cytomic ➡️
The Glue's harmonic spectrum generated by the envelope follower has way less aliasing than the original UAD SSL bus compressor model, please view back in this thread for plots, or check the "ultimate plugin analysis thread" plots eg: https://gearspace.com/board/5445398-post498.html

These plots (not done by me) use an old version of The Glue that had a perfectly symmetric ratio shaper section (so have no even harmonics), but this will not impact the aliasing levels due to the accurate modelling of the envelope follower action. If you browse the thread you will see more plots showing the even harmonics and still the lowest aliasing of any of the SSL compressor models.
Yes Andy. I love The Glue, but with the new version for UAD-2, they got so close it's almost indistinguishable. I still think your creature hasn't expressed its maximum potential tho, and I'm pretty sure that with the new version you'll change the game once again.
Old 31st January 2018
Gear Maniac

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Any news Andy?
Old 16th April 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
It’s not far away from The Glue 10th Anniversary Edition.
Old 5th July 2018 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
News: cytomic.com is moving to a new scalable hosting service. If all goes well we should be back up and running in around a day. Although the web page is in maintenance mode you can still authorise, but there may be a few hours outage during the transfer.
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni. ➡️
Yes Andy. I love The Glue, but with the new version for UAD-2, they got so close it's almost indistinguishable. I still think your creature hasn't expressed its maximum potential tho, and I'm pretty sure that with the new version you'll change the game once again.
I have the real SSl hardware and the UAD; there is a clear difference with the hardware adding more excitement to the mix. Not a huge difference but enough that I kept the hardware and did not use the 15 day return policy on a compressor that cost over $2,000.
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
The transfer to the new web server is complete
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
The transfer to the new web server is complete
How is HD mode going on?
Old 7th July 2018 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvgenyStudio ➡️
It’s not far away from The Glue 10th Anniversary Edition.
Indeeded, my wife Emma pointed this out recently to me. I'm pretty happy that even after 10 years The Glue is still a fantastic little plugin
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulderFBI ➡️
How is HD mode going on?
I've not actually been working directly on the HD version of The Glue, I've been doing R&D on automating the efficient solution of complicated non-linear circuits. There are two flavours of this solving, one is called the DK-Method, and it's good for circuits with a small number of non-linearities. It pre-computes the solution in a mult-dimensional table, one dimension per "gain change", which are normally caused by non-linearities, or potentiometers. This method will lower the cpu used by the current version of The Glue, and also make it fixed, which will be very useful for a lot of situations.

For circuits with many non-linearities the DK-Method is not practical since you have to calculate giga bytes or terra bytes of tables, which is clearly an issue. The size of the table grows exponentially with each additional non-linearity. But I've developed a brilliant new method which scales linearly with the number of gain changing elements instead of exponentially like the DK-Method does. The new method can also be computed in parallel for each non-linearity, which means that, even for stereo only processing, I can use 256 or 512 bit wide operations to compute the contribution from each non-linearity in parallel. 512 bits gives you 16 single precision floating point numbers, so that means I can compute 8 independent stereo non-linearities at once, which is very cool!

I'm still finishing off The Scream's MD version which will be the first release of these new fixed cpu circuit solving methods, but I'm very excited about solving complicated circuits with low cpu for things like The Glue's HD mode in the future.

I've also made the matrix solver into a sparse solver, which will mean I can solve huge circuits in the future by brute force. This is in preparation to support full transistor count offline rendering. So imagine that every transistor in every IC is modelled in great detail, with component variation, and you could render your audio through these full models. This is the sort of huge detail during offline render is only available in 3D rendering at the moment, but I want to bring this to the audio world
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Indeeded, my wife Emma pointed this out recently to me. I'm pretty happy that even after 10 years The Glue is still a fantastic little plugin
Wow, that's a great feat!
I still use The Glue every single day. It lives on my master buss, amongst other things.
adl
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I've not actually been working directly on the HD version of The Glue, I've been doing R&D on automating the efficient solution of complicated non-linear circuits. There are two flavours of this solving, one is called the DK-Method, and it's good for circuits with a small number of non-linearities. It pre-computes the solution in a mult-dimensional table, one dimension per "gain change", which are normally caused by non-linearities, or potentiometers. This method will lower the cpu used by the current version of The Glue, and also make it fixed, which will be very useful for a lot of situations.

For circuits with many non-linearities the DK-Method is not practical since you have to calculate giga bytes or terra bytes of tables, which is clearly an issue. The size of the table grows exponentially with each additional non-linearity. But I've developed a brilliant new method which scales linearly with the number of gain changing elements instead of exponentially like the DK-Method does. The new method can also be computed in parallel for each non-linearity, which means that, even for stereo only processing, I can use 256 or 512 bit wide operations to compute the contribution from each non-linearity in parallel. 512 bits gives you 16 single precision floating point numbers, so that means I can compute 8 independent stereo non-linearities at once, which is very cool!

I'm still finishing off The Scream's MD version which will be the first release of these new fixed cpu circuit solving methods, but I'm very excited about solving complicated circuits with low cpu for things like The Glue's HD mode in the future.

I've also made the matrix solver into a sparse solver, which will mean I can solve huge circuits in the future by brute force. This is in preparation to support full transistor count offline rendering. So imagine that every transistor in every IC is modelled in great detail, with component variation, and you could render your audio through these full models. This is the sort of huge detail during offline render is only available in 3D rendering at the moment, but I want to bring this to the audio world
Exactly the way I would have done it.

Just kidding, I didn't understand a word but it sounds incredibly complicated and you have seem to found a great solution, so congratulations! :D
Old 7th July 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Small request: potentiometer for stereo linking, or maybe from menu like iversampling options with 3 (dual mono, 50% linked and 100% linked) or may be 4 options.

After all this years I start loving dual mono compressor, even for master bus i like to choose 50% linked compression option.

Dual mono compressor is not an evil in today music where everything “balanced” stereo, where you don’t have 16 mono channels with only left, center or right panning options.
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Small request: potentiometer for stereo linking, or maybe from menu like iversampling options with 3 (dual mono, 50% linked and 100% linked) or may be 4 options.

After all this years I start loving dual mono compressor, even for master bus i like to choose 50% linked compression option.

Dual mono compressor is not an evil in today music where everything “balanced” stereo, where you don’t have 16 mono channels with only left, center or right panning options.
Yep, stereo link is still happening. This will be one the main interface, and probably stepped (to keep the decision making quick and easy) to 5 values, 0%, 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100% linked.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Yep, stereo link is still happening. This will be one the main interface, and probably stepped (to keep the decision making quick and easy) to 5 values, 0%, 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100% linked.
Thanks, that sounds amazingly practical! Exactly what needed
Can't wait to try this in the mix
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Love and use the plug, but couldn't that same logic be applied to literally every other control? I dial in stereo linking all the time on other plugs by ear, and don't know that I've ever settled on 25%, 75%, etc.

Or, if limited choice is better, then why not have the threshold and output gain available in only 5dB increments? Would doing so give the plug more or less value than the current configuration for most users?
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ain't Nobody ➡️
Love and use the plug, but couldn't that same logic be applied to literally every other control? I dial in stereo linking all the time on other plugs by ear, and don't know that I've ever settled on 25%, 75%, etc.

Or, if limited choice is better, then why not have the threshold and output gain available in only 5dB increments? Would doing so give the plug more or less value than the current configuration for most users?
Choose stepped stereo linking value by ear, what the problem? 0%, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100% is more than enough. Stereo linking can be stepped controled to make life easier. No need in potentiometer.

And why don’t you complain about stepped ratio, attack and release time? I bet you like dial in attack time by ear and don’t know if it’s a 4,23 ms or 4,87 ms attack time.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Choose stepped stereo linking value by ear, what the problem? 0%, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100% is more than enough. Stereo linking can be stepped controled to make life easier. No need in potentiometer.

And why don’t you complain about stepped ratio, attack and release time? I bet you like dial in attack time by ear and don’t know if it’s a 4,23 ms or 4,87 ms attack time.
Everything COULD be step controlled to "make life easier." You could apply that statement to just about every control on just about every plugin. Fortunately, many don't.

Since you mention it... As much as I love The Glue, I sometimes use another plug solely for that reason.... the 10ms attack ends up being too short, and the 30ms too long. Though the plug does what I want overall, the choices don't, and even the text field can't be used to override that (which would come at zero cost to the folks who like stepped pots.)

The stepped control is quite literally the only reason I DON'T use it sometimes.

The attack, however, is an already completed portion of the plug. The linking isn't, so just mentioning that there are users who prefer more control, not less (or at least some method to override if it's somehow more practical for more people the other way).

Obviously there are also those who like LESS control. You've made that pretty clear.
Old 8th July 2018 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:

The envelope follower section has stepped controls: attack, release, ratio, and soon to be link, everything else has continuous controls. This design works well for a majority of customers.

What I have done for The Scream is to offer a schematic editor, so you can alter resistor / capacitor etc values to customise the circuit as you choose. In this way you could change the resistor value of the 0.1mS setting to make it anything you want. Would this type of arrangement work for you? Similarly I could allow customisation of the the values of the stepped link resistors.

It may sound like a weird point of difference to just allowing continuous controls, but it actually offers more control since it opens up all the other "fixed" settings you haven't complained about because you're probably not even aware they exist!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
The envelope follower section has stepped controls: attack, release, ratio, and soon to be link, everything else has continuous controls. This design works well for a majority of customers.

What I have done for The Scream is to offer a schematic editor, so you can alter resistor / capacitor etc values to customise the circuit as you choose. In this way you could change the resistor value of the 0.1mS setting to make it anything you want. Would this type of arrangement work for you? Similarly I could allow customisation of the the values of the stepped link resistors.

It may sound like a weird point of difference to just allowing continuous controls, but it actually offers more control since it opens up all the other "fixed" settings you haven't complained about because you're probably not even aware they exist!
Distortion units are probably daily use for many. Personally, I can't remember the last time I reached for one. Dance comp, however, makes it onto every track, leading me to be much more attuned to those particular parameters.

Obviously, if there are programming considerations or feature interactions leading to a particular conclusion, users may not be privy to the bigger picture.
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Distortion units are probably daily use for many. Personally, I can't remember the last time I reached for one. Dance comp, however, makes it onto every track, leading me to be much more attuned to those particular parameters.

Obviously, if there are programming considerations or feature interactions leading to a particular conclusion, users may not be privy to the bigger picture.
I ask again, would being able to change resistor values directly work for you?

For example if you want a setting half way between 0.1 mS and 0.3 mS you could open up the schematic editor, have a look and see that the 0.1 mS switch uses an 820 ohm resistor, and the 0.3 mS uses a 2.7k ohm resistor, so you could enter any value you want to blend between those two.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I ask again....
???

Read your post no less than 3 times, and it left me with the distinct impression you were talking about stepped pots within The Scream. You brought up that unit, and then never made any specific reference again to The Glue.

Would I personally play with it? Maybe, if I had some time to kill. Who knows, it might lead to some new favorite settings. If there was some sort of quick reference that gave a general indication of how certain items affect each other, then it might go a bit quicker.

Would I mess with any of that when I'm just trying to get an attack dialed in? Not likely unless it's clear how to get a particular result.

As you might guess, the second scenario occurs far more frequently. In fact, I probably have a dozen plugs that I KNOW have very cool features that I just haven't gotten around to exploring. Some of them for years now.

Everyone may be different. I'm pragmatic. I'll explore... if I'm looking for something in particular (and have time). I'll generally look first in the place I think I'm most likely to find it, and only go "exploring" if that fails.
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
???

Read your post no less than 3 times, and it left me with the distinct impression you were talking about stepped pots within The Scream. You brought up that unit, and then never made any specific reference again to The Glue.

Would I personally play with it? Maybe, if I had some time to kill. Who knows, it might lead to some new favorite settings. If there was some sort of quick reference that gave a general indication of how certain items affect each other, then it might go a bit quicker.

Would I mess with any of that when I'm just trying to get an attack dialed in? Not likely unless it's clear how to get a particular result.

As you might guess, the second scenario occurs far more frequently. In fact, I probably have a dozen plugs that I KNOW have very cool features that I just haven't gotten around to exploring. Some of them for years now.

Everyone may be different. I'm pragmatic. I'll explore... if I'm looking for something in particular (and have time). I'll generally look first in the place I think I'm most likely to find it, and only go "exploring" if that fails.
Sorry for not making it clearer I was referring to what The Scream currently offers, but saying I can bring this sort of advanced editing to The Glue as well.

Ok, well it seems like the schematic editor is the best option then, it won't even be visible to most people so it won't bother them, and they will just happily use the plugin as intended, much like you use rack hardware gear

If anyone asks for help with specifically dialling in fractional settings I can point them to the schematic editor and they can fiddle to their heart's content knowing they can customise almost every "fixed" aspect of the plugin.

Last edited by andy-cytomic; 8th July 2018 at 07:28 AM.. Reason: typo
Lives for gear

21 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
A schematic editor in The Glue sounds cool, but I'd personally rather have more, smaller Cytomic plugins, than fewer, larger ones. If you slapped the green GUI on The Scream a few months ago, declared it 1.0 and were already working on The Glue HD right now, or a Fuzz pedal, or your synth, I'd have been thrilled. The quality if your plugins is already fantastic, just would love to see more quantity. Even if it was at the expense of MD modes and schematic editors. I get it though, the R&D work you're doing now should pay dividends in the future. I just get excited for new toys.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Sorry for not making it clearer I was referring to what The Scream currently offers, but saying I can bring this sort of advanced editing to The Glue as well.

Ok, well it seems like the schematic editor is the best option then, it won't even be visible to most people so it won't bother them, and they will just happily use the plugin as intended, much like you use rack hardware gear

If anyone asks for help with specifically dialling in fractional settings I can point them to the schematic editor and they can fiddle to their heart's content knowing they can customise almost every "fixed" aspect of the plugin.
I haven't seen The Scream, and can't quite tell from your description whether it's a straight forward process to get the the parameter set the way you want or not. Sounds to me a bit less like "just enter the value you want," and a bit more like "get your hands dirty, and see what happens." That could just be the description, though.

Also sounds from your earlier description like you're saying that changing a single parameter in hardware has ramifications elsewhere, so an accurate emulation would need to adjust multiple elements. That's what I meant about programming considerations the user might not be privy to.

Is that the reason that manual over-rides can't just be typed in?
Old 9th July 2018 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I haven't seen The Scream, and can't quite tell from your description whether it's a straight forward process to get the the parameter set the way you want or not. Sounds to me a bit less like "just enter the value you want," and a bit more like "get your hands dirty, and see what happens." That could just be the description, though.

Also sounds from your earlier description like you're saying that changing a single parameter in hardware has ramifications elsewhere, so an accurate emulation would need to adjust multiple elements. That's what I meant about programming considerations the user might not be privy to.

Is that the reason that manual over-rides can't just be typed in?
There are many reasons that typing in some any value you want isn't the best approach. One important reason is the workflow issue where people will get stuck fiddling values and waste precious time that could be spent on more important production decisions. Also since the values are currently stepped controls, and have been declared as enumerated types to the host DAW, this means values cannot be "in between" or else I could possibly break everyones projects by changing them to continuous controls. I could possibly add extra controls at the end of the currently very tidy parameter list, and this will make more clutter for normal uses. I would also have to re-generate the knob strip to support in-between knob positions, and then deal with the added complexity of user interaction where it should be possible to move the knob smoothly when it's already at a fractional position, so there would need to be a new modifier key to "un-snap" the knob for this. An explanation that you can type in in between values would need to be added to the manual, along with the explanation of the extra mouse modifier key, and an explanation that this only works for the attack and release and not the ratio which will probably annoy some people since this is now inconstant since the ratio will still be stepped. This would mean I would feel obliged to spend the extra time working out how to smoothly blend between quite disparate ratio shapes, which would also add to the cpu of the solver. Regular customers may accidentally miss type in one of the actual values, and so dial in a setting they are not aware is an in-between value when they didn't mean to since this is a new behaviour, so I would most likely have to disable this feature by default, which would mean I would need to add an extra settings to the menu and settings.xml file which adds more clutter. Then I will have to field support questions about this extra functionality and addition support questions alongs the lines of "how come when I type in a ratio of 3 it doesn't work like it does with the attack and release knobs?", or "I want a release of 5 seconds but when I type it in it doesn't work. Can you please fix this bug?", or "how do I change the auto release values to different settings as well since that's what I need the most?", or "I want a fractional release time, but I also want it synced to bpm, how do I do that?" and so on. A subtle change in customer's expectations can lead to all sorts of issues like this!

The Glue has deliberately designed to be simple to use, and I'm not going to change this since this is what people most like about it. Leaving out features actually helps keep the plugin easy to use and streamlined and cpu efficient, but also make the plugin conceptually easy to get your head around so people feel very comfortable and confident using it, which makes them more likely to get good results.

I think the best way to allow for different values for not just attack and release, but also the auto release, ratio, and many other things is by means of the schematic editor. This is the most general, powerful, and easiest way for me to support these customisations. It will make support easier since only a fraction of customers will be confident enough to go near it, and since most of those people will be electronics enthusiasts that have already used a spice like simulator they are used to the fact that pathological settings could possibly kill the simulation just like it could possibly kill spice, so they will be happy to ponder why this type of value causes issues, click on the undo button, and don't type in that value again

Another bonus is that if you edit the circuit using the schematic editor, then you will actually be able to do the same modification to the original unit. People can use this as a way to try out many different values quickly before having to get actually down and dirty with their soldering iron.

Last edited by andy-cytomic; 9th July 2018 at 04:35 AM.. Reason: typo
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot ➡️
A schematic editor in The Glue sounds cool, but I'd personally rather have more, smaller Cytomic plugins, than fewer, larger ones. If you slapped the green GUI on The Scream a few months ago, declared it 1.0 and were already working on The Glue HD right now, or a Fuzz pedal, or your synth, I'd have been thrilled. The quality if your plugins is already fantastic, just would love to see more quantity. Even if it was at the expense of MD modes and schematic editors. I get it though, the R&D work you're doing now should pay dividends in the future. I just get excited for new toys.
I get excited by new toys too! I would love to get more products out the door as well, but it is very hard juggling all my commitments and things that impact on my time.

And yes, the last round of R&D is very important since it is actually required for The Glue HD to be a reality. Cytomic is in a strong position right now to deliver lots of new toys, so thanks for being patient
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Cytomic is in a strong position right now to deliver lots of new toys, so thanks for being patient
Music to my ears
Old 10th September 2018
Lives for gear

Andy - hope all is going well and your solver work is progressing nicely. Really excited for the Scream and Glue updates.

I saw in some other thread (which I can't find now) that someone had suggested you add an optional more coloured output option, similar to what Stam Audio is offering with their upcoming revised 4000 comp. Those may not ship for a while and I don't know if anyone knows how their N- and A-style color options sound yet.

If you're looking for a proven awesome-sounding example that's already been out a few years, check out TKAudio's BC2-ME. My favorite of the g384-inspired boxes, with a few expanded fearures that really add versatility and vibe without overcomplicating things.

Timings:
attack has additional ultra-fast, 60ms, and 120ms positions, release has an extra quick 50ms position. Could take or leave these honestly but the ultra fast one ones do some cool brutal novelty stuff on room mics, bass etc.

Ratios:
Super soft knee 1.25:1, 1.5:1, and a harder knee 6:1 between the 4 and 10 positions. I don't use the added low ratios but 6:1 surprised me for bus compression. Great punch and still usable lightly tapping a full mix. Would probably be even more fun with your Range feature.

Mojo:
THD mode - adds extra even harmonics ("0.5-1% THD" they claim, not sure at what level/freq) which bring a subtly brighter, more excited sound. Noticeable in the upper mids mostly. They do this via tweaking he VCA circuit trimmer so I wonder if you could easily add such a mod to your current model.

Class A mode - brings in a Carnhill transformer-balanced output stage somewhat inspired by the Neve 2254. Does something great to the overall size and bumps up the lower mid range fatness. I leave this on always.

If you're looking for inspirarion for extra non-linear color, these guys have really done it well. And with just two pushbuttons, it's not getting cluttered or into option-paralysis territory.

All that said, I'm looking forward to the HD version for the extra model/efficieny updates and variable link even if these bonus extras don't make the release.
Old 11th September 2018 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by B Elgin ➡️
Andy - hope all is going well and your solver work is progressing nicely. Really excited for the Scream and Glue updates.

I saw in some other thread (which I can't find now) that someone had suggested you add an optional more coloured output option, similar to what Stam Audio is offering with their upcoming revised 4000 comp. Those may not ship for a while and I don't know if anyone knows how their N- and A-style color options sound yet.

If you're looking for a proven awesome-sounding example that's already been out a few years, check out TKAudio's BC2-ME. My favorite of the g384-inspired boxes, with a few expanded fearures that really add versatility and vibe without overcomplicating things.

Timings:
attack has additional ultra-fast, 60ms, and 120ms positions, release has an extra quick 50ms position. Could take or leave these honestly but the ultra fast one ones do some cool brutal novelty stuff on room mics, bass etc.

Ratios:
Super soft knee 1.25:1, 1.5:1, and a harder knee 6:1 between the 4 and 10 positions. I don't use the added low ratios but 6:1 surprised me for bus compression. Great punch and still usable lightly tapping a full mix. Would probably be even more fun with your Range feature.

Mojo:
THD mode - adds extra even harmonics ("0.5-1% THD" they claim, not sure at what level/freq) which bring a subtly brighter, more excited sound. Noticeable in the upper mids mostly. They do this via tweaking he VCA circuit trimmer so I wonder if you could easily add such a mod to your current model.

Class A mode - brings in a Carnhill transformer-balanced output stage somewhat inspired by the Neve 2254. Does something great to the overall size and bumps up the lower mid range fatness. I leave this on always.

If you're looking for inspirarion for extra non-linear color, these guys have really done it well. And with just two pushbuttons, it's not getting cluttered or into option-paralysis territory.

All that said, I'm looking forward to the HD version for the extra model/efficieny updates and variable link even if these bonus extras don't make the release.
Awesome post B Elgin, thanks for your time and thought behind it

The TK Audio BC1 Ltd / BC2-ME are exactly the units I was looking at ordering for doing The Glue 2's HD mode. I need to contact the guys at TK and see if they are able to provide schematics. I've also been in contact with Joshua Stam from Stam Audio and will order one of their units as well since it comes with the vintage DBX amps.

I plan to offer not only the a trim for THD of the amps, but hope to support full randomisation of all circuit parameters for endless mono and stereo variations. The THD trim will only be active in HD mode since it will require a detailed model of the amp rather than the "perfect" amp that The Glue currently uses.

I would like to add a 1.5 ratio for very gentle compression, if I get the BC2-ME I'll have a listen to the other settings as well.

As for times, I would like to be able to support setting the attack, and release resistor values to anything you want, so people could totally customise them.

The work on the new solver is going really well, I'm pretty much back to where the old solver was in terms functionality, but the new one can handle better optimisations, larger circuits, and multiple different solving methods. I've the DK method solver automated, which is useful for small circuits, but I'm a lot more excited about a new method I'm calling the PDK method, which will be able to handle much more complicated circuits but still with a fixed and low amount of CPU. I'll have some actual real world numbers soon, but things are looking very promising so far. The PDK method uses a bit more compute power, but importantly the extra number crunching can be done in parallel, so I'm excited to be able to use AVX256 instructions to optimise it, and in the future hope to be able to utilise GPU acceleration.
📝 Reply